Bare nekkid hikin' in Sedona,AZ

Discussion in 'Bare It! Nudism and Naturism' started by busgypsy, Aug 12, 2004.

1. busgypsy

busgypsy Member

If anyone ever comes through beautiful sedona,az. kick me an e-mail and i'll take out some trials that you can go bare hiking. Some areas are near the creek and a some take you to some really cool caves.

It's a wonderful peacful way to hike.

Peace
    busgypsy

joker69 and Alice in SC like this.
  2. loveflower

loveflower Senior Member

i love sedona! i didnt know you could hike nude there

3. peacefuljeffrey

peacefuljeffrey Senior Member

Yes, it does sound delightful. I was in Sedona once, back in 1992, on a vacation when my sister was graduating from U of A Tucson. It's a beautiful place, to be sure.

I'm wondering... just how "legal" is it to hike nude? Doesn't that count as public nudity and (although I fuckin' hate it and think it's wrong) as such is illegal in most places? Is there an exemption? Is there an exemption anywhere that is not designated private property?? I'd love to know, because I love to be naked and want to be naked in other places besides my own home.

Blue skies,
    -Jeffrey

4. Olympic-Bullshitter

Olympic-Bullshitter Banned

Hike the easy Fay Canyon trail to get close to awe-inspiring red sandstone formations.

5. Zebb

Zebb Member

Well if I ever find myself fortunate enough to be in the area, I'll definitely shoot you a message - as long as I don't have to worry about the law.

6. Amontillado

Amontillado Member extraordinaire HipForums Supporter

Pah, Sedona. We drove out of there muttering "more red lights than red rocks".

7. natural keith

natural keith Guest

I used to live there very beautiful. Didn't do much nude hiking as I was still young then

8. skyclad724

skyclad724 Members

What are the best trails for hiking nude there? I am going to sedona next month

9. Bairskyn

Bairskyn Members

Due to recent forest fires, Sycamore Creek & environs is closed until at least March 2021.
    The canyon trail upstream of the Tanque Verde Falls (a few miles east of Tucson) is traditionally clothing-optional; nudity is common and well-accepted. Ditto the Magic Circle camping area south of Quartzite, although visitors must pay a fee. Nude hiking elsewhere takes care and discretion in spite of the miles and miles of seemingly unoccupied terrain as backcountry enthusiasts are many, but areas under BLM jurisdiction are the best bets.