bare feet

Discussion in 'Fashion and Crafts' started by Hardy, May 28, 2004.

1. Hardy

Hardy Member

What do you think about going with bare feet to school or walking barefoot
    in town?

2. backtothelab

backtothelab Senior Member

I think it's great, but you know there is a forum for this, right? Down down on the bottom, you'll see it

3. Sage-Phoenix

Sage-Phoenix Imagine

Weather permitting I try to go barefoot as often as possible. Although I tend to stick to places I've been before (no nasty suprises like gravel), not too busy (don't want to get my toes stood on) and take a pair of shoes along. That's just me though, but of a wimp eh :)

For the last month or so I've been going barefoot round college. Can't say it has ever been an issue, most people don't even notice. Of course I notice and love the freedom.
    The weather was a bit colder today and I had to wear sneakers. It annoyed me no end, just wanted to rip them off.

TTFN

Sage

4. Bohemian_Child

Bohemian_Child Member

i love being barefoot. the only shows i own are clogs and sandals because i need the openness. i usually pop a pair of sandals in my bag because if i go into a store or resteraunt i need them usually, and because some towns have laws against barefootedness. which i think is bs.

being barefoot is great. you get used to watching out for pebbles and glass and all pretty quickily. (and your feet become strong haha)

theres a forum all about this, you can meet other footwear-less enthusiasts.

YAY FOR BARE FEET! haha

5. ArtLoveMusic

ArtLoveMusic Senior Member

i barefoot in the summer, i barefoot through london and always get comments like "where are your shoes?" i do take a pair with me tied to my bag but thats because if i do go anywhere thats likey to have a lot of glass or hypo needles then i can be safe, londons not the best place to barefoot sometimes.

6. Velouria

Velouria Member

I only go barefoot on the beach.

I would not go barefoot anywhere else, because there is a chance that I might accidentally step on an old bandaid. Old bandaids are the grossest thing to ever exist. Ever.

7. piedsnus2003

piedsnus2003 Member

I go barefoot as soon as I can, and everywhere

8. Beach Bum

Beach Bum Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

old bandaid...haha :p

9. peacelovebarefeet

peacelovebarefeet BuRniN oNe...

i loooooooooooooove going barefoot... the connection you have with the earth is GREAT...

i dont too much in the winter though... toooo coooold... i just wear clogs! :-D

10. soulrebel51

soulrebel51 i's a folkie.

I hate socks and shoes, I had gone nearly 8 months without wearing socks, but its too cold to stay bare foot now...

11. hippietoad

hippietoad Member

Welp being an island gurl I have probably not worn shoes more than I have worn shoes. I do wear birkenstocks ( the cheap versions ) and a lot of reef flip flops due to sand being very very hot to where it can burn your feet in the summer. Also we have sand spurs and prickly pear pads when stepped upon make your eyes go cross and make you blurt out words that you definately wouldn't want grandma to hear. But at home..I'm barefooted...while out on the beach I'm barefooted. Most stores around now won't service you if you come in barefooted. They say "no shirt no shoes no service" on store posters. Heck they don't say anything about pants though !

12. mladen_22

mladen_22 Member

I hate shoes, and prefer going barefoot as much as possible, from late spring until mid-autumn
    during that time I go barefoot almost everywhere...city, public transport, bars, parties, etc...sometimes I get strange looks, but most people accept it, and some even began to like it, few of my friends sometimes go barefoot. I never have any shoes with me.
    last autumn, 2 or 3 weeks when weather began to be colder I only had socks on my feet and walked in them everywhere...I liked walking in socks and didn't want to wear shoes until it was too cold :)
    I don't have lot of jewelry on my feet, one or two toe rings and one anklet...but I always have polished toenails.

13. daisymae

daisymae Senior Member

I go barefoot in my house and on the beach. In the city here, there's lots of broken glass, gravel, spit, gum, dog crap and other gross things to step on. Not to mention the pesticides on the grass. If it was really clean here, I would probably be barefoot more.
    I'm a flip-flop girl. :)

14. MiniBix

MiniBix Member

i LOVE to walk barefeet. i always do it. :) People always tells me to put shoes on, cause the ground might be really disgusting.. but i can always wash my feets afterwards if that's the problem. :) Walking barefeet cause it makes me feel really free. sounds silly, but that's how i feel it.

15. mladen_22

mladen_22 Member

But in Sweden...isn't it too cold to walk barefoot most of the year? Yes, the ground is sometimes disgusting, I've stepped on many things...but if you have healthy feet, this is not a problem at all. When your feet toughen, you'll even manage to walk on small glass fragments, so often present on streets.

16. MiniBix

MiniBix Member

Well. yes, we do have alot of snow in the year. but we also have a really nice warm weather in the year. :) but i meant like late spring to late summer i walk barefoot. Not in the early spring, fall and winter.. my feets would prob' fall off. :p

17. mladen_22

mladen_22 Member

cool, you really enjoy life on bare feet :) I didn't try to walk barefoot in winter, it would be probably too cold for me.
    during the summer, do you go barefoot everywhere?

18. MiniBix

MiniBix Member

Yes, i try to.. but if we go to the capital of sweden, stockholm, were the streets are extremely dirty and people take a piss almost everywere, then i put shoes on, but if im still in my town i just go barefoot in stores and outside, and everywere.
    it was just soo much fun, cause this summer, i was in Aalkmar in the netherlands, on a camp. and i walked barefeet the entire time. and i washed my feets everynight, but after a couple of days, my feets were just blackis under.. and i had a really hard time getting if off. i just loved it. :p cause then i didnt have to worry of getting black feets. they were already black. :D

19. mladen_22

mladen_22 Member

I wash my feet every night, too, usually when I get home, just before going to bed, but they are still somehow dirty and I don't care :) Extremely dirty streets are no longer problem for me, lots of times I just don't look to the floor when I walk.