Bare Feet!

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by Tomster, May 10, 2006.

1. Barefoot-boy

Barefoot-boy Member

If anyone questioned you about bare feet, simple. Your shoes n socks got wet, you took 'em off.

2. Barefoot Rick

Barefoot Rick I love my dirty bare feet

Yes I could but not having shoes in my hand they will think something different. But the places I go they know me as barefoot Rick .

3. Barefoot Land-Surfer

Barefoot Land-Surfer Members

Cool barefoot experiences you have been having lately barefoot Rick. That woman on the riding lawn mower was wise doing her job barefoot in the hot weather. The other night when I was walking my dog in my neighborhood, two girls quickly came running out of a house barefoot as I was passing through. They ran to a car I'd just passed, from which a young woman they were expecting had emerged from. She was barefoot too and commented on how the girls were barefoot as well. I thought it was cool that four people (myself included) were all briefly there barefoot on that sidewalk at the same time. That was the very first time I've been on a sidewalk with others who were barefoot too.

Yes, walking barefoot in the rain is always a lot of fun. It's been very wet and rainy here, so I've been enjoying my barefoot walks, especially walking in the mud and running through rain puddles. Timeless fun.

goodearth and Barefoot Rick like this.
  4. Barefoot Rick

Yes it is barefoot land-surfer and that’s great that you and others were walking on the same sidewalk barefoot. I wish more people enjoy walking barefoot outside and in public. But I have seen one other person barefoot at Walmart and she was amazed to see me a guy shopping at Walmart barefoot.

Barefoot Land-Surfer likes this.
  5. Barefoot Rick

Barefoot land-surfer I love walking in the rain barefoot it just reminds me of when I was a kid walking around barefoot in the rain. And I did get my new toe ring but the other two broke on me when I went for a hike with a couple of friends. It was raining a little and the trail was getting muddy and the mud felt so great on my bare feet the mud was up to my anklets in some places but by the time we got back to my truck I noticed that my two toe rings where lose and when I got home I Rinse of my bare feet and that’s when I notice they were broke in half both of them so now I ordered two new ones I hope they get here soon .

6. Barefoot Rick

Hi everybody,
    I was out for a walk on Friday and I did not notice that the black top was get hot before I knew it the temperature was in the 100’s and the black top was hot when I go home I check the bottoms of my bare feet and they where a little black but I noticed that the hot black top didn’t do much to my bare feet . Here where I live people think I’m crazy for going barefoot in a 100 degrees . It’s been over like 20 day’s that it has been 100 or more degrees here I don’t eve see people in car’s or trucks with the passenger putting their bare feet on the dashboard or windshield like years passed.

7. Barefoot Land-Surfer

Barefoot Rick you are lucky to find another barefoot in your Walmart.

I am sorry to hear your other two toe rings broke during your hike barefoot Rick. Have the new toe rings you ordered arrived yet? It might be a good idea to order a few extra to have as backup.

I avoid wearing my toe rings while doing any sort of sports (skateboarding, running, hiking, etc.) due to the possibility of wearing them down and/or breaking them. Best times to wear them are when strolling around on daily walks and errands, while lounging around, and so on.

Barefoot Rick likes this.
  8. Barefoot Land-Surfer

Barefoot Rick, after over 29 years of living barefoot, I imagine that the heat must have very little impact on your feet at all. Those people where you live cannot comprehend the idea of walking barefoot in the 100-degree heat because they have never conditioned their feet for it. Most folks lost their connection with nature and grew too accustomed to being overly "safe" by wearing shoes and staying in the air conditioning as much as possible. My new next-door neighbor is a surfer and a nature guy who goes barefoot sometimes in his yard. I see him driving with his window down and arm out the window often.

9. mmicmann

mmicmann Member

Air conditioning will ruin us. It acclimatizes us to live in refrigerators, and consumes vast amounts of electrical energy. I avoid it as much as possible, and find I can go about in very hot weather without much trouble.

10. Barefoot Land-Surfer

It already has ruined most of modern civilization. It really is refrigeration. I frequently feel the stressors it puts on my body every day and night and would prefer to live without it. (hard to do when other family members love it and refuse to give it up) Yet another reason why I'm spending increasingly greater amounts of my time outdoors rather than in. (indoors just feels so cold, dark and lifeless)

11. mmicmann

mmicmann Member

Yes. When I'm indoors, such as a grocery store or movie theater, it feels like the vitality is being sucked out of me. Stepping back outside I experience a flood of warm and positive energy...especially stepping on warm concrete or asphalt with my bare feet, which have been chilled by the store floor.

12. Barefoot Land-Surfer

Yes, it's exactly the same for me. The vitality and positivity return soon after stepping outdoors. Sometimes it takes a good while to warm the frozen feet and toes.

13. Barefoot Rick

Barefoot land-surfer thanks for the idea and I have ordered 8 toe rings as backups . I haven’t put my new toe rings on yet I have been doing a lot of landscaping around my house and also putting rocks down in other areas. But when I do put them on I will send you a picture barefoot land surfer

14. Barefoot Land-Surfer

You're welcome barefoot Rick. Great to hear you ordered 8 toe rings as backups. Now you won't have to go without for a good long time. Good idea to not wear them while doing your landscaping work and putting rocks down so they don't get broken.

Speaking of toe rings, I forgot to tell you. At my family gathering in June one of my aunts noticed my toe rings. She is from Denver and told me she has seen some people there (mostly girls) wearing them.
    If anyone else saw my toe rings at the event, they didn't say anything because we were seated at tables most of the time. I should start wearing my toe rings out in public more like you do, to see if people notice them.

15. Barefoot Rick

Barefoot land-surfer that’s great that your aunt notice your toe ring. And you should wear your toe ring in public and see the reaction you get I always get positive reaction and great comments. Let me know how it goes barefoot land surfer.

16. Barefoot Rick

Hi everybody,
    I had a Dermatology appointment to get a dark spot removed from my hand and yes I went to the appointment barefoot. And when I got there the waiting room was full of people. And I got some looks like where are your shoes I even heard a husband and wife talking about my bare feet. And I even ran in to my Primary physician medical assistant. She was surprised to see me there and she sat down next to me and she said wow you really go barefoot everywhere I said yes I do . She has only seen me go barefoot where she works . So when it was my turn to see the doctor I thought the nurses Aid was going to tell me that I needed shoes on but she didn’t. Then the doctor came in and she was surprised to see me barefoot. She asked me if I forgot my shoes I said no I’m always barefoot all year around . I even ask her do I need to come back with shoes on ? She said no I don’t mind at all if you come barefoot or wearing shoes. I said ok cool she said that I’m going to put in your chart that you are a barefooter and it’s ok that you come in the office barefoot I said thanks and so she did what she had to remove the spot and said ok I will see you next week to remove your stiches and she said that she expects to see me barefoot and she said she it be barefoot to when she takes out my stitches . That’s will be something to see .

17. Barefoot Land-Surfer

Thanks barefoot Rick. Yeah, I was stoked she actually noticed my toe ring.

I think more people out in public would notice it if I were completely barefoot (instead of with my dark barefoot sandals on). But no one goes barefoot the into stores, restaurants, doctors office or any places of business in my locale. No barefooters in sight whatsoever. It's sad. Now that it's become colder here, I am standing out quite a bit just even in my own neighborhood for being barefoot.

18. Barefoot Land-Surfer

Cool experience and story barefoot Rick. I've only enjoyed walking right in barefoot into a small therapeutic massage place in Golden, Colorado once while on vacation. The owner loves being barefoot, works barefoot, and encourages all his employees and clients to walk in and barefoot too. It was an extraordinary experience... one that I wish I could do back home here every place I go in public.

Having your chart state that you are a barefooter is a badge of honor and freedom.

19. Barefoot Rick

Thanks barefoot land surfer

20. Nudegardner

Nudegardner Members

Check out Barefoot Homestead on youtube,pretty hardcore chick.

Loser Anna is another hardcore chick.