Bare Feet Spark Plane Fight

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by bft4evr, Mar 19, 2019.

1. bft4evr

bft4evr Senior Member

Bizarre. Simply bizarre.

Ryanair said two men were detained in Tenerife, Spain, on March 16 after a brawl on a flight from Glasgow.In a statement to the Press Association, a spokeswoman for the airline said, "The crew of this flight from Glasgow Prestwick to Tenerife (March 16) requested police assistance upon arrival after two passengers became disruptive in-flight. The aircraft landed normally and police removed and detained two individuals. We will not tolerate unruly or disruptive behaviour at any time and the safety and comfort of our customers, crew and aircraft is our number one priority. A passenger, Ben Wardrop, recorded this footage of the incident. He told the Press Association the fight started over a woman not wearing her shoes on the flight going to the toilet. Wardrop said a very drunk man pulled her up about it, saying that someone would stand on her toes, then the woman's boyfriend stepped in and tried to defuse the situation. Warddrop's statement continued: Once the plane landed and more alcohol was consumed the man and the woman's boyfriend started arguing, both being very drunk they started to fight, and the man in the video with lots of blood was trying to get the man to calm down and he got hit on the nose. Wardrop said it was a very scary incident, but that one of the cabin crew, which was a young woman aged about 24, was caught in the middle of it all and was very scared, but done a good job on defusing the men fighting. Credit: Ben Wardrop via Storyful

Ryanair Says Two Held by Spanish Police After Brawl on Flight From Scotland - news+ - att.net

2. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

I think bare feet have less to do with this than alcohol

BarefootedBoy likes this.
  3. bft4evr

bft4evr Senior Member

You are absolutely right. Way too much alcohol probably. I was just parroting the headline I saw.

BarefootedBoy and Driftrue like this.
  4. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Sounds like some guy made an innocent comment and a jelous BF got upset somebody was speaking to his missus. No alcohol to blame here, just a stoogey jealous BF.

5. goodearth

goodearth Member

Confusing.

6. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

I believe you all are misreading the situation...…. every person on the plane wanted to beat the barefooter and only the drunk guy had the balls enough to speak up about the disgusting habit of bare feet on an airplane that's f****** disgusting

Last edited: Mar 19, 2019
    Irminsul likes this.
  7. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder (OCPD) is a personality disorder characterized by a general pattern of excessive concern with orderliness, perfectionism, attention to details, mental and interpersonal control, and a need for control over one's environment, which interferes with personal flexibility, openness to experience, and efficiency, as well as interfering with relationships.
    • a rigid adherence to rules and regulations
    • an overwhelming need for order
    • a sense of righteousness about the way things should be done

I have noticed that usually the people who have a problem with others going barefoot have many of the traits of that disorder. When you call them out with stuff like what difference does it make to you if I am not wearing shoes they are my feet they can't answer. Doesn't matter what argument you make they just get stuck. You need to wear shoes because you need to, that's all that counts, critical thinking need not apply !

GLENGLEN and BarefootedBoy like this.
  8. BarefootedBoy

BarefootedBoy Members

You are right. It's all about control.

9. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

Whatchu on about. What about all the disgusting hands.. Scratching balls, picking noses, not washing after visiting the bathroom, eating greasy food without utensils. Yuck.

rollingalong likes this.
  10. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

so sue me...I am anti bare-footer......specially on airplanes,buises,cars,trains

Irminsul likes this.
  11. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

No I totally get it. Same as I am an anti bare hander. We're both neurotic.

rollingalong likes this.
  12. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

13. mmicmann

mmicmann Member

ijustmightdoit2, bft4evr and Irminsul like this.
  14. One Man Band

One Man Band Member

Glasgow seems to be the origin of many drunk traveler news stories. They must be proud.

15. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I've given up on an ideology of barefoot. I'll go barefoot, like I do sometimes, but it's just me, I don't want to label it and I don't want to associate with other barefoot people anymore. I do like the the concept to a degree, but the whole steadfast attitude of like, if you don't go barefoot you're an idiot and its like a life and death situation for some folks if they have to wear shoes... Ugh... There's a ton of negativity surrounding this ideology and lifestyle of you ask me.

Nudism seems the opposite and very friendly and inviting, even to outsiders. :)

Last edited: May 5, 2019
    rollingalong likes this.
  16. bft4evr

bft4evr Senior Member

Irm there are zealots and idiots everywhere. Some are shod, some are bare. They also tend to be the most vocal. And you'll find them in just about every walk of life and on both sides of every issue you can think of. My philosophy is if it ain't bothering me have at it. If ya wanna go barefoot go barefoot, if not wear shoes. They are your feet do as you like with them. Don't let the nutcases form your opinion of the majority.

BarefootedBoy and Irminsul like this.
  17. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I understand. :) I meant dissociation from the negative ones. For the record, I don't understand why there's so much negativity though.

It reminds me of being heathen. Tons of people have a problem with it yet we just kinda mind our own business without much thought... Remain peaceful.

But then again some us don't lol so you're right. It would be unrealistic of me to assume everybody as a collective whole should be the same. That's something I always argue against, just when it comes to the topic of barefeet, I don't know how there's negativity, it seems like such a placid lifestyle I don't get what's to hate on or about. Especially the at times ardent negativity against people who wear shoes.

Just to me like, wear or don't wear what you want hey.

Last edited: May 5, 2019
  18. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

no one has ever called me neurotic before....and my various girlfriends and 1 wife all covered every name i've ever thought of......my hens shit all over my property...I step in it,with boots,a hundred times a day out on my farm.....I would flip the fuck out if I stepped in it with bare feet....

yes and my side is kicking your ass :)….with all due respect :)

19. barefoot jersey dude

barefoot jersey dude Members

dear rollingalong ! just had my greatest barefoot triumph ! flew completely barefoot, no footwear at all from Newark new jersey to anchorage Alaska !!! hats off or I should say shoes off to Alaska airlines !!! no problems at all , total 4 flights, changing planes in seattle , both ways !!! will fly barefoot for the rest of my life !!! new to this website. love you guys !!!

20. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

Flipping out because you stepped in it is less neurotic than caring about what other people's feet are doing /wearing/etc.

But no, I wasn't being 100% serious : ) I do think hands are more yuck, when you think about what people do with them, but calling us both neurotic was just a type of humor I use when I'd rather make something light hearted than debate it. Probably doesn't translate well in type.