Bare feet in the mall

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by Uststru, Dec 29, 2018.

1. Uststru

Uststru Members

I had to go to the mall today, so I decided to suck it up and put shoes on. After half an hour, my feet began to itch and suffocate madly, desperate to be free. I couldn’t take it anymore, and I yanked off my shoes and continued my shopping barefooted. It was embarrassing to walk through the mall barefoot, with everyone staring at my feet, but it was worth it. After a while, I’d forgotten I was barefoot and just shopped normally.

2. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

so what did you do with your shoes?

3. Uststru

Uststru Members

Carried them in my hand.

4. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

I went barefoot in the mall with a girl when I first started doing this. About 6 years ago now , time flys. We were driving around looking for something to do and I said lets go barefoot in the mall she was like ok. It was fun seeing people look cause I know alot of them would like to be doing it too. When people see you barefoot I am sure many imagine doing it too.

It was fun cause there was two of us bare footing, strength in numbers !

Today I wanted to go barefoot in the supermarket but then I didn't. I should have but gave in and grabbed my flip flops as usual. I was barefoot 23.5 hours, almost a perfect day.

5. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

I've never thought twice about going in supermarkets and malls barefoot. Usually if you don't act like there is a thing, no one else notices the thing.

6. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

Don't go barefoot in a Lego factory.

7. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

Usually I don't care but my shirt was dirty, a shirt I didn't like just work get dirty who cares and hair a mess from working outside I just wasn't wanting any attention. Your right though no one notices when your not noticing.

I live in a beach town in Florida no excuse for me !!

He look at this from New Zealand Woman forced to leave Auckland mall for not wearing any shoes

Lady got kicked out of the mall and it made the major news. Then this I survived an hour at Sylvia Park Mall in barefeet

Go New Zealand !

8. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

One thing I liked about being in NZ was that any supermarket I went in I saw at least one other barefoot person, usually several. I felt normal : )
    In the U.K. I have been told it is against the rules twice, in nine years. I can deal with that.

9. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

I did not know that it was against the law in the UK.
    Although I mostly wear shoes, I have run down to the local shop barefoot a few times when Jane has gone off with my shoes in the car. Luckily I did not get arrested by our daughter, LMAO.

10. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

Noooo.. It's not against the law! Sorry, I meant that to show how FEW times anyone has had a problem with it.
    I've been going in various Tesco stores for that whole nine years, and only once, last year, did I suddenly get told I couldn't. I wrote an email to their head office who told me there was no policy, it was up to individual stores. Anyway, I switched to Sainsbury's. : )

11. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

I was somewhat surprised at first. While it is not very common here in London, people on holiday in coastal areas are always running around without shoes.

Tesco's never cease to amaze me.
    Did you hear about the branch that got closed down by environmental health inspectors because it was alive with rats. The manager made the excuse that despite several warnings from the council. he did not want to tell head office in case they fired him for allowing them into his shop. They are generally quite a good company, but some of their staff are complete idiots.

12. Scarecrow13

Scarecrow13 Members

A lot of stores have a no shows,no shirt,no service policy,but I don't know if this applies to the mall concourse. Besides what's they worst they could do? Probably kick you out.

13. jagerhans

jagerhans Far out, man. Lifetime Supporter

Yesterday I was in a big general store (COOP Tirreno) and the young guardian let me in but soon after he went after me and politely asked me about shoes stating that I couldn't be there barefooted so I just retrieved my obscenely worn out african leather flip flops from the car and got back in. I expected it had to happen sooner or later with all the covid shitlessness going on. In other stores of the same franchise they still don't care though. One guard asked me : shoes ? at home, i replied. I have to ask if it is forbidden. Well mister, it is the fifteenth time i come in this way and no one in the staff complained. OK then go on the guard told me, he obviously wasn't as psyched as the young one nor paranoid about his position. The good thing is that such confrontations are always quiet and barely emotional, i prefer to keep the peace :)

14. mmicmann

mmicmann Member

Two replies I've made in stores always seems to baffle these little gate-trolls.

#1) "Oh, don't worry...I'll be alright."
    #2) "Well, I'm more comfortable this way, and if I'm more comfortable, I'll stay longer and buy more stuff."

BarefootedBoy and Scarecrow13 like this.
  15. BareyMommy

BareyMommy Members

Barefoot in the mall is the best way to introduce people to barefooting when they have social anxieties I believe. Get out of the house as quick as possible before you can change your mind and head to the mall to do you stuff. After that it you'll feel like the king of the world. New confidence.

nuspieds likes this.
  16. Scarecrow13

Scarecrow13 Members

Has anyone actually been kicked out of the mall or any of the stores there for being barefoot?

17. Yeah, I was yesterday for being barefoot in a small local grocery store (not in a mall). It happened to be the owner, who kept squawking "It's the law!" I've been barefoot many times in that store, but I didn't feel like screwing around with the owner. Fuck that shit. I left, never to return

18. Barefoot in a mall feels SO good!

Scarecrow13 and Barefoot-boy like this.
  19. BareyMommy

BareyMommy Members

Yes, absolutely

20. Scirocco09

Scirocco09 Members

I love going bare in shopping centres, it’s so comfortable. Whether the experience changes when they reopen remains to be seen but I’ve not been kicked out of any yet, had an Italian restaurant meal last time I visited one, no problem at all

BarefootedBoy likes this.