Barack Obama

Discussion in 'People' started by niraj kumar chaudhary, Sep 2, 2013.

1. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

He may have SAID in his opinion marijuana is no worse than alcohol. But he has not DONE anything. Words are cheap and meaningless.

2. Gongshaman

Gongshaman Modus Lascivious

What is he supposed to do? Presidents can't just snap their fingers and change laws. The system isn't set up that way.

3. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Yea, I mean I do agree with you there. Many people think the POTUS can do all kinds of things that they really can't do.

However, he could at least try to push something in regards to the category status (based on the AMA assertion that marijuana does indeed have some medical benefit), of marijuana (from cat 1 to at least 2 or beyond), to some other branch of government. I don't see him trying to do anything and seeing if anyone else would agree with him and try to change anything (not that I believe they would agree with him...)...

But, for example, Obama DID change the drug laws on crack/powder and a bunch of people serving life for crack when they would have only served a year or few years for powder, got out of jail. That is a very good thing. But it also shows that he does have the power to do some changes with drug policy.

4. sunfighter

sunfighter Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I believe he could get the DEA to re-classify marijuana without Congressional approval. So, I blame him for that.

5. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

A white guy is gonna have to do that. He's too worried about stereotypes, and what the history books will say about him.

6. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

I think you're right. I'm pretty sure he could change the scheduling with an Executive Order. Most drugs aren't specially legislated to be illegal federally, the DEA has the power to schedule substances on its own without legislation; which I believe makes scheduling changeable by EO since it's done by a federal agency. But he's too big a pansy for that.

7. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Hm, yea, I wasn't sure if he could or not. I knew he could either do it via executive order OR at LEAST try to get another branch involved w him...

And as for that... but he wasn't worried about re-classifying crack? (for the same reason)... cause you know, crack is a white drug and marijuana is a black drug? (stereotypes I know... but I'm sayin, why be concerned about one but not the other?)

8. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

You need to fill me in. I didn't hear that story.

Weed is always going to get the most news coverage, as long as it's the second most popular drug (behind alcohol).

9. sunfighter

Obama did not re-classify crack. It was Congress. According to WikiPedia

10. Naiwen

Naiwen Member

I've heard he's not against the legalizing of marijuana, why doesn't he do it himself then?

11. sunfighter

He can't by himself. The legalization of marijuana has to pass both the House and the Senate and then be signed by the President, like all of our laws. Do you live in China?

12. Naiwen

Naiwen Member

I am Chinese, but I live in Canada... so yes, our economy is heavily influenced by the decisions he makes, as I live in the US's neighboring country.

13. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Hmm... Yea, sunfighter and wiki may be right on that. All I really know on it is that as it was happening... well, I heard on the news (cnn and other major channels a couple months ago), that OBAMA had made a list of people that were serving life for rock cocaine who were being or soon would be freed...
    but I believe sunfighter is correct and congress passed what wiki said. I do believe Obama may have had something to do with looking for specific people in the prison system... and he may or may not have had something to do with trying to get congress to pass this... it was a while ago that I heard something about it, but I thought I heard something on those ends...

Time magazine had an article two weeks (I believe) ago about one of the men who has been in prison since the late 90's because of the old crack laws who is due to get out soon.... I believe the mag article gave some credit to Obama too... but I threw out the mag as I don't save all of them so I'm going on memory alone...

14. Coleco

Coleco Member

Thats the whole idea. You can't let the president pass all his agenda. It doesnt matter if you like the president and all of his policies, give him too much control, then next time when the person you dont like takes his seat, there going to bury you.
    You may not like the obstacle course right now... But when the next hillbilly becomes president you get to use the obstacle course yourself. So, be thankful that the obstacle course is there.

15. OddApple

OddApple Member

What tripe! The next president will be a woman. Otrasha was for the purpose of breaking down and weakening, next it is a woman because next they get dead. What planet did you learn politics on?
    No "Hillbilly" would be that kind of America hating muslim scum, that's why they gave him the job and why a woman is next. Money bye-bye, population cut back - a boil out followed by a kill back. Nothing more.
    But, as always, we'll see...

16. Coleco

Coleco Member

Took me awhile, but I think I figured it out.. Otrasha=Obama doesnt it?

And your trying to say that theres some scheme going on to get a woman president and that the plan was to elect obama to weaken and break down society enough to elect a woman as president?

Or am I not interpreting you correctly?

17. OddApple

OddApple Member

<<And your trying to say that theres some scheme going on to get a woman president and that the
    plan was to elect obama to weaken and break down society enough to elect a woman as president?>>

Kind of. I am saying that first a thing is discovered and built up by that type of people. It is lived in a functional but then decay starts coming in. Now, there is this big rotting ugly pile, but if you shove it in the garbage it makes you look like the garbage man. So you get someone who looks like a garbage man and people expect that from to shove the trash off in the dump. The trash man however only delivers the trash to the crusher where someone else does the actual crushing "I'm not doing that! I just haul trash!" So now you get a person who is every a trash crusher, high on it and a "sacred mission". They will crush that trash and insist on papparazzi for it. Obama got the trash on a truck and is hauling them to the dump where most likely killary will crush them when her "great day!" Comes and people who would never stoop to those levels before God and man put her in office because she certainly will.

I recommend reading "The Walrus and the Carpenter" by Lewis Carrol. It explains it in a better way than me.

So yes, if you take the costume of "idiot issues" off it like "We just MUST have a woman for president!" (after all, you just watched a BUNCH of idiots vote racial....who always claim it's NOT THEM that are the rascists...) that's about what you get.
    I tried to tell some clams easy: when the peace man was president we had war, when the farm man was president, the farmers got SCREWED. When the businessman was president, the business people got ruined. Gee, now there's a trash president....wonder what will happen?
    Obama rode in on blacks, some hispanics and they still don't have a single thing he promised them. He has deported more mexicans than anyone before him and most believe he is only using hispanics for his "open immigration and entitlements!" For his muslim brotherhood. Not 11 million hispanics getting free teeth, but 100 million muslims invading.
    If you care about the country or know any history then you know that when this began it was said that "America can't be taken from the outside" so that's how you knew way back then how it would be.
    That is why we have a blatantly anti American, anti Christian, illegal alien whose whole life, degree and career has been benefit sucking handed to him, whose awards are fake and who visibly, to anyone, is unfit tobe in the White House and no one, nope, not a single person up there has ever done much about it.
    That's never been normal before? Oh....but we need a "renegade" (stupid patsy who deserves it) to dump the trash, reset the scales and recover the money.
    (That a person actually has to "esplain" that in our society is pretty discouraging. You didn't have to esplain that to real hippies, but these days it seems "Barney" did a good job)

18. Coleco

Coleco Member

So you say we got an anti-christian, anti american, illegal alien in the white house whose career was handed to him and his awards are fake. And you come up with this analogy that hes "the trash man hauling a big rotten pile of garbage" and hes taking it out to be crushed by the next female president, possibly "killary".
    Alright decipher this analogy for me. The anti-christian, anti-american, illegal alien president has trash hes hauling, killary is waiting to crush the trash.

What is the trash?

Who is killary(is Killary going to be elected for certain, might someone save us?)

What happens when the trash is crushed?

You say that we are in decay.. Im not feeling the effects of decay in my country as of right now... You need to remember some people just live better lives than others and thats just the way things go, politics aside.

You made the analogy, ive got it down, now I need it translated to reality. What exactly is the anti christian, anti american illegal immigrant doing that is hurting me? Where is the illegal immigrant taking me? Because I don't know. Im just a layperson all I got is yahoo news, fox news, msnbc, and other things on the net to read about.

19. happilyinlove

happilyinlove with myself :p

I voted up your post because I appreciate the sentiment. I agree its good to see blacks achieving new levels of success.

In terms of his qualifications, ehhhh he wasn't very qualified. Not a good fit.

20. OddApple

OddApple Member

What is the trash?>

Unwanted industrial meat by-product from the last economic surge: us

Who is killary(is Killary going to be elected for certain, might someone save us?)>

It may not be killary klinton, but the woman does not matter, the result will be the same.

What happens when the trash is crushed?>

Those of us who survive and have money will have lots, lots more.

You say that we are in decay.. Im not feeling the effects of decay in my country as of right now...
    You need to remember some people just live better lives than others and thats just the way things
    go, politics aside.>

I am talking about the united states...not some other country. However, Venezuela crushed a bunch just a couple weeks ago and you barely heard a word about it...

You made the analogy, ive got it down, now I need it translated to reality. What exactly is the anti
    christian, anti american illegal immigrant doing that is hurting me?>

If you are not us you have no part or lot in this here?

Where is the illegal immigrant
    taking me?>
    If you depend in any way on us, probably "austerity" which is the polite word for starvation

Because I don't know. Im just a layperson all I got is yahoo news, fox news, msnbc, and
    other things on the net to read about.

Here, we sort our news the propaganda shows/news and what we think might be credible. Americans may act like big, stupid dirty babies but we do not trust our leaders or news. That both are largely bullshit is something we have somehow adapted to. We believe little that we can't verify for ourselves. We have always been a "buyer beware" country which for decades has been training our people not to "beware".