Banning guns

Discussion in 'Protest' started by soadrocker856, Sep 28, 2006.

1. TheMadcapSyd

TheMadcapSyd Titanic's captain, yo!

And that's never going to happen.

2. themysterytramp

themysterytramp Member

yeah but guns didnt stop it did they?

3. BelladonnaBlue

BelladonnaBlue Member

If only all of the world had the intestinal fortitude that we could destroy all guns...what a dream, a world where no one would even think to kill another living soul, so guns wouldn't be needed or wanted. Alas, it could only be a dream.

No way in our society should we ban guns. I don't trust our government enough to give up my 12 gauge. They'll pry it out of my cold dead hands, LOL, but I'm just a redneck country girl. All of the men in my family have always owned guns, loved to hunt, loved showing each other their guns, talking about them, cleaning and shining them, shooting them at beer cans for fun, etc, etc, ad nauseum. I always knew they were not to be touched, lest the belt came down off the hook in daddy's closet (which, never happened BTW, lol).

On the subject of government and guns...I found this to be interesting (and just a lil scary). Upon taking my son to the pediatrician's office this week, one of the questions I was asked was if there were guns in our home. I asked why that was important to determining if my son had an allergic reaction to medication?? I was told that it is part of HIPAA (The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996), it's just a part of the patient's medical record. What a bunch of baloney! Just another case of Big Brother watching.

4. blinkin

blinkin Senior Member

well I think weapons should be banned,
    I think rifles and shot guns used as farm implements are fine If the person can prove they are mentally stable criminally absent and have proper training for the gun.

the american amendment which allows people to bear a firearm, is ridiculour and out dated, It was desined so that the people would always have more p[ower than its goverment....well that didnt work out very well did it, and now you have , well on one of the first pages some foolish math was pooled out 50 000 deaths by guns a year in The U.S,
    the guys said only 5000 were innocent, and the rest were killed whilke commiting a crime, gang crime? drug crime? shooting crime? all which are expenentially cast by the mass of weapons in the hands of criminals.

nra is crock, guns kill, people will tend noit to kill with a knife, maybe youll get beat up but the facts are violent acts happen less when there is no meathod to employ such violence.

peace

5. TheMadcapSyd

The second amendment is never out of date, numerous massive rallies without guns have taken down governments in the past few years, an armed population is the most respected population.

And that 50,000 number is a crock, it's more around 22,000, counting suicides and what not, only about 13,000 killed by guns every year in violence, that might seem like alot but its still far smaller then 50,000.

6. blinkin

blinkin Senior Member

which rallies which governement

and who the hell outside america respects those armed populations, most of the planet lives in peace, its the armed governments armned people pushing there weight around causing all the shit

7. earthmother

earthmother senior weirdo

So you think it's ok for the cops to go door to door trying to confiscate everybodys guns? Because that's what would happen. "Mentally stable and criminally absent"??? And who judges who is mentally stable!!!??? 1 in every 32 people in the US is a "criminal". Yup, those are the stats, and that does not include those out on bail or with outstanding warrants. And what about those who are only "criminals" based upon their use of weed? Who judges these things in your world? This opinion is not well thought out. You would support having weapons banned. Since "criminals" or "mentally unstable" would not be allowed to have them, and 1 in 32 cannot have them, then who would you hire to decide who gets to keep them and who doesnt? Looks like you are in support of the police state. Only those who you would seem to be rebelling against would be "qualified" to make these decisions. I assume that the pic you have up is your "extended family"? How well do you think ANY group of people would deal with having their ownership of a gun questioned by these "mentally stable and criminally pure" folks? I don't mean to be insulting, but ya gotta THINK about it!

So, we should all just give up our guns due to the fact that we can't do anything about our fucked up govt.??? So then the government, military, and police would be the only ones with weapons. GREAT IDEA!!!!!!!!!! I just don't get how come if we have been given the right to bear arms to keep the government in it's place, why no one does anything about it! i mean, just how bad does it have to get? Hey, maybe the human race is just so fucked up and stupid that we don't deserve to have guns, what we do DESERVE is to be herded around by folks with guns and treated like animals....

By god, I have had guns sitting in my closet for years and not once has any of them gotten up out of there and killed anyone. Strange... Ya wanna kill someone, there are LOTS better ways than making a bunch of noise and blood. And I'm sure that the military would have no problem with fighting their wars with sticks and clubs.....
    SO, lets hire armed thugs to rid everyones private property of guns, Lets blow up all the bombs. Lets make knives and crossbows and swords and deer rifles all illegal, and then we can ALL be sitting in jail. Lets give up the last of our rights and privacies without a fight and go directly to slaughter like a bunch of good sheep. Fuck that.

8. gardener

gardener Realistic Humanist

I think there would be fewer wars, and young people signing up for the glory of warrior status if this was so.

9. TheMadcapSyd

That's the asinine thing I've read in this forum in a long time. Yes armed people around the world are just pushing their weight around and causing shit, look out, the Idaho militia is gonna invade Canada next week just cause they feel like it.

10. MIIDAJ

MIIDAJ Member

yea lets create an even bigger and more violent black market!

11. blinkin

blinkin Senior Member

not canada,
    and well your right after thinking about it, canada instituted a gun registory which did not work, people did not give up there guns, and now the black market is flooded with illegal guns from america, and violence is up, IM not sure if its all a coincidence, ....not sure,

my opinion is that weapons hould not be legal to possess, though my opinion is also that people should rise against an unrulley government, I guesss i have a lot of opinions, which may collide against eachother...

as for bullying countries, Im not worried about idaho,
    though bush in his first trem did threaten to consider canada a hostil enemy to the state....yeah with all our beer bottles and hockey sticks.....

maybe its a an attitude that has to change rather than the gun laws, maybe those same people ready to shoot people trying to take there guns, should shoot people trying to destroy there own country ( i mean the leaders of it).....mayeb that pent up aggression when it comes to there weapons should be foccused on those taling away there rights.....

I just hope im not one of those peopel...with only my humble opinion...

I bow out, I dont know enough abou the subject and am nasing my thouhts only on immediate unthought out opinions...

peace

oh yeah one of those pics is a guy who served 25 years for murder ...with a a gun,
    cause it was sitting on a table during a drunken argument.......

12. TheMadcapSyd

Well the right to bear a weapon is a right, and to many people it's one of the most important rights, it's seen as the "big stick" of the people in the saying Speak softly and carry a big stick.

And I'd be much more afraid of someone pulling out a knife in a drunken argument. And what I think should really be considered is look at the amount of people that are killed by guns every year vs. those that are killed by alcohol, the amount that die directly from alcohol is more then that of guns, let alone when you factor in drunk driving.

13. salmon4me

salmon4me Senior Member

Well said. I feel your pain as my opinions often collide with each other. Interseting point on the guy who served 25 years for murder. I think I would say that the alcohol was more to blame then the gun for that one though. However there should never be a gun just sitting on the table when people have gathered to drink. Perhaps a little more gun-safety would have prevented it.
    Anyway, always enjoy your thoughts Blinkin. Keep em' comin. :xmas:

14. LetLovinTakeHold

LetLovinTakeHold Cuz it will if you let it

I was looking forward to posting in this thread. But when I read this I realized that it couldn't have been said any better. lol so here it is again for those who missed it.......

15. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

I own a handgun. Rifles have many purposes, but handguns have one. Man slaying.

I'm not a killer, and I hope I never have to shoot it. *I go target practicing a lot* But if I were in the situation were I would need to, I wouldn't hesitate. If someone I loved was in danger, I would shoot. One in the chest.

People have a right to protect themselves. Do you think most women could fight off a rapist who might kill them with a set of keys?

Furthermore, guns don't inspire violence. If someone is considering murder with a gun, and can't find a gun, they'll likely consider poison, or a knife, or something.

No, I don't think guns should be banned.

16. HippieAdrien

HippieAdrien Member

i think no weapons in the world would be a great thing. but after the banning of guns, guns would be like marijuana. they would be illegal but a very large number of people would still use them. i'm half with you here.

17. CloudFlower

CloudFlower Member

If guns were to be banned... would they still be legal for our government. Ask yourself how comfortable you'd be if a bunch of authorative goons had the power to take you out with the flick of a finger and you had no defense against it....

18. themnax

themnax Senior Member

my personal feeling is that banning POSSESSION of ANYTHING, be it guns, neurotropic substances, automobiles, anything, serves only to create opportunities for political harrassment. banning the sale, mass production, or wholesale importing of anything is fine. doing that would mean that whoever wanted whatever was would most likely need to aquire some skill in how to produce for themselve whatever that thing might be.

so there you have my possition. instead of banning possession of anything, which as the gun nuts are always pointing out, insures that most of it/them will be possessed by those with little or no reguard for such bans or are willing to accept the risk of ignoring them, banning the MASS PRODUCTION of firearms, in this example, would instead mean fewer of them to go arround for everyone at all, and thus the less frequent use of them in the commission of activities a majority of people would aggree to as being undesireable.

=^^=
    .../\...

19. tha pope

tha pope Member

id say the only good thing to come out of the bush regime is the expired ban on assult rifles. i aggree with whoever it was that said it should be easier to obtain weapons. all the facist states incorporate some kind of gun control, be it handgun laws, or just banning guns altogether. the reason the second ammendment was made was to make sure the people will always have the oppourtunity to revolt. thomas jefforson said a country needs a revolution every 20 years. make sure the ones warshiping the owl, eye, and 322 arent the only ones with guns...

20. jagerhans

jagerhans Far out, man. Lifetime Supporter

yes, but neither get killed by someone else with a gun. The righteous guy must have the chance to defend himself from an unlawful aggression. it's not a nice thing, but killing for self-defense is acceptable or at least I think so. One murder is one murder and i cant see how the world will be a better place if I let some delinquent kill me or my relatives. also i cant grasp why is legitimate defending oneself against a bear but not agaist a man .
    I'm for freedom including firearm freedom. Also, unarming the citizens is a good start for a dictatorship, and freedom is waaay more important than peace . if then you say that your local US gun laws are way too permissive well I agree, but that's another story .