Bangs

Discussion in 'Fashion and Crafts' started by Penny, May 15, 2004.

1. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

Do you like them? I mean on girls and guys as well... I personally love them! I've had 60's-70's style bangs for years, with long, wavy hair... sometimes I leave my hair straight but what I prefer is to get my hair wavy with my straight, long bangs on my forehead, hiding my eyebrows. I love that style, a bit like Jane Birkin in 1970 (one of my idols - people tell me I look a lot like her sometimes!):

[​IMG]

And on guys, they're really sexy! My boyfriend has long ones over his blue-green eyes... it looks really great.

2. StellaBlue

StellaBlue Senior Member

I REALLY dislike bangs! I don't even like the word infact, hehe, but some people can pull them off. If that picture in your sig is you, then yeah, you definitely pull them off nicely. :)

3. Sus

Sus Hip Forums Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I like bangs...have them myself, although they are layered, and brushed over to the side (my face is pretty round, I look kinda dorky, I think, with them straight down.) I agree, if that is you in the sig pic, you look nice with bangs.

4. Earthy Mama

Earthy Mama Feel my wrath... ;)

im not crazy about them but on the right person(lik u penny) they look great. bangs look horrible on me:( i looked like a fat lil monkey lmao

my lil boy looks cute w/ bangs heres the only pic of him showing his hair i can find.

5. Bug_Man

Bug_Man Banned

Depends on the face, I guess. It works on a slim pretty face like yours but it wouldn't work on a chubby kid.

6. Melody

Melody Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I like them on some people. A friend-ish person got bangs yesterday and she can really pull it off! the way she sort of layered the hair then put half back, it looks really nice, and it fits her really well. I think bangs look good on you, penny, i couldn't imagine you without em :)

7. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

Well, thanks everyone, your compliments on my bangs made me smile! :)

I agree though that it depends on the face - on some people they look better than on others, but what's for sure is that they REALLY bring out your eyes.

Earthy Mama, your baby is absolutely adorable!!!! What an angel! :)

8. Azura_Mist

Azura_Mist Member

I have an asymmetrical face due to some paralysis I was born with, so I really do need the bangs to straighten my look out. I don't like mine too long because if I bend my head, they'll get in my eyes when I need to see stuff.

Here's me with bangs so long that I had to pull them away from my face:

[​IMG]

And here's me when my bangs are pretty reasonable:

[​IMG]

9. Acid_Rain

Acid_Rain Member

i don't have bangs, i used to though, they look good on some people, but not all people.

10. galvatron

galvatron Member

bangs are completely a plus...it totally gives an extra something to a persons face. i part my bangs to the side & flip it up...yup. bangs = fun. lol..

11. nightmarehippygirl

nightmarehippygirl LEVI'S MOMMY

on other people: it depends

on myself: ultra dorky. i always had them as a kid, and i have a huge cowlick. for lack of a better idea, i had the huge mall bangs until i was like 15.in high school, i finally grew them out, which was much better. last year, i overprocessed my hair too many times(think very, very bleached hair dyed red, pinkish, and purple), and had to shave my head. i am still in the process of trying to get my hair all the same length, so i sorta have bangs again. ugh. one of these days i will learn to leave well enough alone.

12. DragonLady

DragonLady Member

That's a beautiful picture of you and your son! Too cute!

Me, I wear bangs. I don't like my forehead...I'd prefer to keep it covered!

13. hemp_boy

hemp_boy Member

i thnk that bangs would look very femine on a guy.

14. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

No, they don't look femine at all! I mean, look at The Beatles and all the bands from the 60's, they all had bangs over their eyes and did that make them look femine? Also it seems like it's some kind of fashion to have bangs when you're a guy today, if you look at the rock bands and the models in magazines, they all have them! Not that I follow fashion (oh no!) but it's just to five you an example of how popular they are with guys.

15. Random_Zephyr

Random_Zephyr Lifer

I had bangs for years, but grew tired of them, so last summer, i decided to grow them out and see what it looked like. attached is a collage of my bang growing cycle. woot!
    sorry if i didnt attach it right. :confused:

16. xdancingbarefootx

xdancingbarefootx Member

i use to have bangs... when i was a kid, my cousin and i both had em.. and we said were gonna grow them out... and she did.. but i just kept cuttin em...

about 2 years ago i started growin em out and just leavin em alone.. and now i dont got bangs no more.

i like bangs...i kinda miss them...

sometimes i feel drawn to my sissors..

but i have to say no... cuz it took me a long time to grow them out....

i also had a bad habit of cuttin my hair real short... in third grade it started... my teacher told me how beautiful my hair was.. and the next day i wentto the hair lady and she hacked it off.. and everytime it wouldgrow out.. off it would come...

but now its really long.. and im growin it here on out... no more choppin.. no more cuttin.. no more trimmin(at least for a while..)

i love my hair.. its scrumptious:)

17. sugrmag

sugrmag Uber Nerd

Dancingbarefoot, your hair is scrumptious! Mine is in the process of growing out. Last year I chopped it all off because my baby kept pulling it! It is curly and crazy and everywhere right now!! I usually keep a bandana on it just so I don't have to mess with it!

18. xdancingbarefootx

xdancingbarefootx Member

why thank ya! i love my hair.. but it wasnt always like that, its hard not to cut it ..... i need someone elses hair to play with! OR one of those dolls the cosmotology girls practice on... ooo i need to get me a barbie head!!

19. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

God, it shocked me so much to see your pictures because you look SO incredibly much like my sister!!!! It's crazy, you look just like her! It's weird because I don't even know you and still I feel like I've known you for 17 years when I look at you! Haha... it's funny :)

20. Fierce_Flawless

Fierce_Flawless Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

i went thru the bang cycle. got to about phase 5 when they're JUST too short to keep in a pony tail and i said fuck it my forehaed is like a blank canvas anyway, i'm cutting them! i cut 'em, dyed them and my waist long freak flag red and now i'm river-like again and NO you can't see cuz my WEBCAM IS DA DEBIL!
    muahahahahahahahahahahaha