Bands You Think Were Underrated

Discussion in 'Music' started by tumbling.dice, Dec 17, 2017.

1. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

Lone Justice, from the mid 80's.

2. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

LITTLE RIVER BAND
    Little River Band - Wikipedia
    Predominantly successful circa 1977-83, the band formed in 1975 still performs albeit several different line-ups, both lyrically and musically I found/find their songs and delivery of performance always a pleasure
    That'll be me = REMINISCING

3. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

500 ft. Of Pipe

4. deleted

deleted Visitor

magickman likes this.
  5. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

No question that LocalH was.

6. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

i saw tubes ad little river

loved these guys and never got to see them :(....under rated

rjhangover and Orison like this.
  7. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

^^^^Not available in my country!? WTF?

8. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

you can remove the country code from the address...i just don't remember which letter?....bbad will say hopefully

9. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

10. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

Sahara Hotnights, a girl pop band from Sweden that never really had any mainstream success out of their home country. I thought they had a great retro-rock groove and feel.

Ex-Hex is a newer band with only one album to their credit, so mainstream success is something they could still achieve. Like Sahara Hotnights, they blend a retro 70's garage style with catchy melodies and hooks.

Not sure how big they are in their native Australia, but the Reprobettes and their blend of 60's psychedelic and surf rock is irresistible. This band should be huge.

And finally, a band I hold near and dear to my heart, Go Betty Go--a Latin-influenced pop punk band that is what bands like Paramore wish they could be.

11. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

Me and my mate's bongo and Spanish guitar duo "Looking And Moaning" was criminally underrated. Our cassette only debut "That Solemn Bear" got a good review in Holly Hernandez' demo-hell in the NME, but our UK tour never got beyond local pubs and a few squat parties. But really, the World didn't deserve us. Maybe we were ahead of our time. Maybe we were just shit.

12. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

Beatles, Stones, Floyd, Zepp. All hugely underrated. They should have all been huge.

13. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

The Groundhogs !

14. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

I grappled with that too. Pretty much everything I listen to is underrated. But I didn't want to say that and come across as an elitist hipster :D

Hugs & Spit likes this.
  15. AstroShark

AstroShark Member

Just about every band I'm into is underrated...if you're not headlining arena's then you are underrated imo

16. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Arenas are so mainstream. :p
    I'mma fuck the mainstream kinda person.

17. magickman

magickman Supporters HipForums Supporter

Most all Hard Rock bands of the 70s were underrated in America, with the exception of Kiss. But overseas (just like nowadays), heavy bands are allowed on the radio and are popular to this day.
    American radio has always pushed Pop, and Country.

18. magickman

magickman Supporters HipForums Supporter

Interesting as well, is how older bands like Rush, Aerosmith, Black Sabbath, AC/DC, etc. have been putting out music for decades without much radio support. Maybe it's a regional thing.
    I understand that radio in the Midwest has never been as free with rock as the ones in the East or West Coasts. Even Classic Rock around here still seem to select from the same 300 songs, it's funny.
    Used to refer to our station as the "Led Zep/ Skynard/ Floyd radio station. Not that they're bad to listen to, but goddamn...
    Request hour @ noon- only time worth listening to.

19. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Cold Chisel would be my pick for most underated australian band ever, they had a lot of hits here, but alas never put in the work overseas to get notice, still some acts dont have to. Even more curious since you hear there songs pop up in american movies now and then

magickman likes this.
  20. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

My pick for most underated american band ever are these guys:

Screaming Trees

Love this guys voice, and the album Sweet Oblivion in particular has always been one of my favourites

This my favourite song of theirs:

magickman likes this.
  21. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

that's because barnes has a horrible voice. sure they're awesome, for aussies and piss heads. i listened to that guy sober once, one of those unplugged kinda things on the radio where it was just acoustic. i never realised how bad that guy sounded in my life. sure, erryone likes to belt out khe san, working class man is a great song and i enjoy it.. when i'm drinking.