ban the bra

Discussion in 'Bare It! Nudism and Naturism' started by DejaVoo, May 11, 2004.

1. DejaVoo

DejaVoo stardust

Yeah , people can do whatever they want! But like, some of my friends think its so "weird" NOT to wear a bra. haha, whatever! I used 2 wear em but then they just really started hurting me, so I'm like "THATS IT!" I havent worn one for like almost a month now! or 2. it feels so much better and i cant imagine having to try 2 hassle with one now. my boobs are pretty big but they arent like saggy, i mean theyre pretty perky haha but then again, im only 17, and I heard ur boobs get more...saggier, later and after u had kids and all. And bras DO make my boobs LOOK better, but usualy if I wear a bra, my boobs look WAY bigger , and I dont want them to look WAY big! But Yea, I dont care if other people wanna wear em! I just think its kinda dumb if they thino NOT wearing a bra is weird. I mean, its just a matter of personal choice! But still..Im on a bra strike hehe!

2. kjhippielove88

kjhippielove88 color + rhyme

im not wearing a bra now...woohoo

3. loveflower

loveflower Senior Member

you can't even tell!

4. loveflower

loveflower Senior Member

i think it looks great that way, better than it would with a bra

5. iscreamchocolate

iscreamchocolate Senior Member

guys nipples can show through their shirts as well... who cares they are just nipples. don't wear a bra if you don't want to

6. loveflower

loveflower Senior Member

....did i miss a post about nipples?

7. NudistMike07

NudistMike07 Member

Why do your breasts need to look better, more perky than they already are? I mean why not just accept your body the way it is instead of feeling the need to alter its apperance? Im sure you look just fine. I mean why risk the chance of getting breast cancer and having your boobs sag sooner in life just to have some false sense of beauty? The people who really care about you for you will accept you just the way you are and not feel the need to ask you to change just to gain their acceptance, because all theyre doing is accepting the image you create for them and not you. Im sure youll say you do those changes for noone but yourself and that might be true but alot of people say that when really they do it because theyre pressured by society, the media and their friends to do it just to be "popular". If thats what it takes to be popular then I think id be better off just being a loner honestly. If I was a girl id want friends who like me for me and are not asking me when im gonna get my next boob job just so I can stay their friend.

If you have such small breasts then why do you need a bra for any support anyways? There isnt that much to support.

Whats wrong with your breasts falling? I mean if you had babies thats what breasts are supposed to do. Maybe the "lift" of your breasts feels good now but is it worth the cost of getting breast cancer and making your breasts sag even more than they should later on? Why not just be a proud mother and show people that your breasts sag and if they dont like it then thats their problem cuz at least you wouldnt be letting the fact that theyre not all upright and perky bother you. You should just do what you feel is right but I just dont think that doing this helps you or anyone around you in the long run. If people keep doing this sort of thing then they never learn to accept themselves as they are and people never learn to accept these women as they are and theyll always get a false image of who and what you really are. I dont mean to be rude when I say this, I mean well, I just wanna give you some helpful suggestions so that you can hear all viewpoints and not just the "perfect image" viewpoint that society feeds people all the time.

I never said they did, but for some women they do. Even if they dont, bras dont really help anybody all that much especially not in the long run and they give women false confidence in themselves and theyre just artificial and ugly. Natural women's breasts are much more beautiful than breasts all oreintated into some unnatural position by some ugly artificial contraption. If bras didnt even exist then women would learn to accept themselves as they are and not feel the need for such support or need to use such devices.

Maybe because I read stuff about them online and I listen to what people have to say about them on different forums and I put all the information I get from that together and make an opinion based on that. You dont have to be a woman to know the facts about bras. Yes, I might not truly understand how you feel from a woman's viewpoint but I do know that bras are unnatural and unhealthy and in the long run do more harm than good, unfortunately most women dont realize this until its too late and theres nothing they can do about it.

Really, its not that hard to imagine how it would feel to have someone sucking on a nipple. Sure some of the emotional and mental things going on in a woman's head i couldnt necessarily understand but just the basic feeling of your nipple being sucked on by some baby isnt that hard to grasp. I just want women to be able to breastfeed in public and not get any hassle for it and not have to take their child into the bathroom just to feed them, thats just gross and I wouldnt want that for any women, if people dont like seeing such things then they shouldnt look and if it bothers them that much to see something so natural then maybe they have issues and need help.

Youre not being ignorant. I just feel strongly about my views sometimes and I just feel that yours will end up doing you harm and I just wouldnt want to see something like that happen to such a good person, thats all. Like ive said, its just my opinion and if you keep going thru life and dont give a rip about it then thats fine with me, I just would like you to know how I feel so that if you ever want to consider it, you can.

Of course. I think many women do feel comfortable with their bras on, but weither that is true comfort or just a false sense of comfort is up for debate and even if they are comfortable now, that might not always be the same 10-20 years down the road and I just think with all the possible things that could happen as a result of long term effects of wearing a bra I just dont think its worth the risk. I just think women shouldnt have to feel the need to wear bras, should not be told they have to and if they dont want to then they shouldnt wear them and should be able to go through their lives without hassle. I dont think anyone has the right to make a woman wear a bra anywhere.

I dont think such comments are beneficial in any way. You make me out to be something I am not and I dont intend to be a troll, beleive me there are alot of worse people out there than me who are more trollish than I am. I just think for women's overall health and well being that bras shouldnt even exist except for those who genuinely need them for some sort of extreme medical reasons, I just think bras are unhealthy and just unecessary and woman can have alot of emotional issues and self acceptance/body acceptance issues as a result of wearing them and I just dont think its right for women to have to feel that way as a result of wearing one of those god awful things. I know that bras will probably never be outright banned but people should at least hear my views and be open to the dangers of them as well as the benefits because then they can make a more educated decision and not just make a decision as a result of hearing only one side of the issue which happens alot when some forums lean towards one side of an issue than the other.

I think that woman should have the opportunity and the right to go topless where and when they wish without hassle and I think given the opportunity most women should take advantage of it so that they do not misuse the freedom they are given, because people who misuse freedoms often lose them and I just think if more women went topless then more people would learn to accept it as normal and it wouldnt be seen as such a sexual and bad thing, that cant happen if only 1 or 2 women go topless. Im not saying all women should do it all the time but I do think that more should be able to and more should take advantage of it just so there can be more people doing it and the issue can hold more sway over society. Same with nudists, a group of nudists will be more likely to get society to accept them than just one or two people going nude and asking for acceptance.

I think both sides should respect each other views but neither should do anything infringe on the freedoms of the other. if people want to be able to go nude then they should have the right to and if other people want to stay clothed then they should be able to. I just dont think textiles should be able to make us stay clothed just because they dont wish to see us nude and somehow think by us exercising our rights that we are imposing our views on them or infringing on their rights because we are not, not anymore than them appearing clothed in front of us when some of us might rather they be nude, couldnt we say the same for them? :) I just think alot of this crap society says about nudity being bad and hurting them by them seeing it is just nonsense.

I dont give a rip if people see me naked or not, I just dont do it cuz it isnt legal to be nude out in public and I dont know anyone who is a nudist or who would be willing to allow me to be naked around them otherwise id do it.

8. Sammy

Sammy Member

You're a troll, Mike, whether you recognize it or not. You hammer on and on about, condemning people for holding different points of view to you, your attitude to everyone else about everything is "they need to get over it and stop whining", but when there's something you don't like, it's a different story.

And why don't we ask Jess how you made her feel about not wanting to go topless all the time?

9. loveflower

loveflower Senior Member

I'm sorry, but I have to agree with him.

10. NudistMike07

NudistMike07 Member

Yeah and you just want to be able to do whatever it is you wanna do and you dont want anybody to ever tell you otherwise yet whenever you get into trouble or have some bad consequence for whatever action it is that you do you turn around to the very people you didnt want to decide things for you in the first place. Just like half of these liberal people, they like the government being there for them and supporting them and giving them all this money and all these special interest groups to help them and protect them but yet when the government wants to start making decisions for them to protect them then these people dont like that because they dont think its any of their business but yet when these people get into trouble theyre the first ones to come whining to the government for some quick fix to their problem. So I mean if you think im a troll fine but I just dont think you or some of these other people are any better and you dont have any room to make such absurd comments about me when you do the same damn thing you whine to me constantly about. I bet if there was something you needed help with and I was the one who could help you with it youd be the first one comin to me about it but just because it has nothing to do with me you dont hink its any of my business. Im just trying to give you suggestions that would help you, if you dont wanna listen to them then fine dont but dont come whining to me when your life goes to hell and you know you couldve done something about it by just considering what ive said cuz if you come to me and whine about it after the fact im just gonna say I told you so. hey I just wanna have a nice friendly conversation with some polite mature people here I dont want alot of arguing and crap from a bunch of immature people who just like to do nothing but bitch all day long about stupid trivial issues

Hey if Jess has an issue with me she can come to me and tell me herself, she doesnt need you to be speaking for her, for all i know what youre saying is a bunch of crap so unless I hear it from her then im not gonna beleive what you say. I actually would like her to tell me how she feels because maybe then if I know how she feels then I can do something to make it better and cheer her up so she isnt so pmsed at me anymore. I dont want her to be upset at me but unless I know how shes feeling and what problems she has with me then I cant do anything about it. I just think if she wants the right to go topfree so much and not get harassed from people about it then she just needs to get out there and do it and show people that its ok and normal and they have nothing to fear from it. If she keeps her top on all the time and is afraid to go out there and be topfree then how is she gonna get anybody to accept a woman being topfree as normal and how would anybody beleive that she actually thinks being topfree is normal when she keeps her top on all the time, thats all im asking. Its like with being a nudist, nobody is gonna beleive that youre a nudist or that being nude is normal or good if the nudist keeps their clothes on all the time and hides their nudity from the world like its some evil thing.

11. LaurelBayTree

LaurelBayTree Senior Member

Be naked if you want...don't be naked...who cares as long as it feels good for you and gives off the postive vibe...
    No bra here :)

12. NudistMike07

NudistMike07 Member

if more people were naked and being naked was more normal then more people would accept it and thus you could be nude in more places, if people keep their clothes on and are afraid to get naked then people will continue to see nudity as something bad and all nudists will end up having to go to nudist resorts or some secluded places just to go nude, thats no fun.

13. Sammy

Sammy Member

Dammit Mike, I'm not imparting any secret knowledge here. Jess told you herself, over and over again, in those discussions, that she resented you making her feel bad for not wanting to go topless all the time, or for wanting to wear a bra sometimes. You need to realise that people want to do what they want to do, and when it doesn't hurt anyone else, like choosing to wear a bra sometimes, or to keep their top on, if they want to, then it is none of your damn business to tell them otherwise.

As far as the rest of the crap in your post, I have no idea what you're talking about. I want people to accept nudity, but I have no desire to force it on them. I would like to see people persuaded that there's nothing bad about it, but I don't believe in pushing my nakedness in the face of those who find it offensive.

You've stated many times that you don't care whether you offend people or not, they just need to "get over it". Then, when the issue of gay couples engaging in sexual behaviour on nude beaches came up, you said they needed to realise that if it offended people, they shouldn't do it. If you're too stupid to see the hypocrisy in that, I doubt I'll be able to explain it to you.

14. NudistMike07

NudistMike07 Member

Being nude should be your right and you shouldnt have to put clothes on just because it upsets some twit and makes them feel uncomfortable. I understand you dont want to force anything on them but youre not, they have plenty of options if they do not want to look at you naked, they can deal with it, they can look the other way or they can just go somewhere else or just treat you like the person you are and not even let the thought of you being naked get into their head or even let it make any difference. Besides its not natural nor healthy for someone to be uncomfortable or feel sick if they see you naked, the human body is one of the most beautiful things in the world and who or whatever created it, did so in their image and I think it would be an insult to that person or thing to say that such a perfect creation made in their image is ugly or causes disgust. People should not be brought up to dislike the sight of nude people and if they are then it just means they need to rethink how theyve been brought up. Maybe a little bit of forcing on society isnt that bad if it gets rid of a potentially unnatural or unhealthy tendancy, I mean it can only help people not harm them. The naked body does nothing to disgust or harm people and if they think that they need to get a life, simple as that. These people are the ones who are being mean and forceful when they say that the sight of your body is disgusting and because its disgusting that you must wear clothes to cover it in their presence, personally I would find that more imposing than you being naked in front of them and making them accept you and the human form as normal. Have you ever thought of that? I would say forcing people to accept nudity and the human form for what it is is a hella lot better than some shmuck forcing us nudists to cover up and wear unnatural artificial garments and go about our lives pretending to be ashamed of our own form, forever hiding our true self from the world. Anybody who says the sight of MY nude body is disgusting is basically giving me an insult and I find that very rude and immature.

15. NudistMike07

NudistMike07 Member

Im sure that you want to put on clothes merely to somehow be nice to your friends because you somehow think you are doing them a favor but really if thats what it takes just so they will be your friend and accept you then maybe they areint the kind of friend you should have because a real friend would care about and accept you reguardless clothed or nude and wouldnt feel uncomfortable or have any objections. Do you honestly think its normal or natural or even healthy for them to have a desire for you to put clothes on or for them to be disgusted by the sight of you in your natural state? I sure dont. Hey if you gotta accept your friends in all the peek-a-boo clothing they wear even though its slutty and disgusting then they should have to accept you when and if youre topless or nude. If theyre not imposing or forcing you with their clothes then youre not doing that to them with your nudity, simple as that.

16. NudistMike07

NudistMike07 Member

I just think she would do it more if she didnt have to worry so much about what those who are around her think about her chosen lifestyle. I think she lets them get in the way of her living her life the way she wants to and she might say she is making this choice willingly but I think she just does it to kiss up to these people because she doesnt want to upset them and worries that something so simple would break up their friendship with her. Honestly I think if these people dont want to be her friend or be around her simply because of the fact that she likes to be or wants to be topless around them then theyre not the kind of friends she should have because real friends would stay friends with her no matter what and would accept her and care about her no matter what she does. If she wants to be topless it should be her choice, not theirs, its her body not theirs so i mean if she wants to be topless around them then they shouldnt have any say in it just like they should be able to dress how they want and nobody else should have any say in that. Im not saying she or her friends are like this but it does happen sometimes and i just think maybe this is what is going on and if it is then she should really do something before she lets it ruin her lifestyle.

Well if it is actually "their" choice and not someone else's, thats the point im trying to make. Even if their choice doesnt hurt anyone else it can still hurt the person making the choice and I just would rather not see that happen, especially to such a bright young person :) Wearing a bra might sound good and feel great now but im sure many years down the line she is going to regret it and letting her friends pester her into wearing a top just so they will accept her as "normal" doesnt do any good for her either because she cant be herself and express herself as she wishes without her friend's disapproval. Sure its none of my business *but then again my nudity issues are none of anyone else's business either* but if she wont help herself then who will?

I dont see how just being nude and going about your daily business and expressing yourself freely and being who and what you are is forcing anything on anybody. You could say that about anything that people do that others find uncomfortable or unacceptable. This is a free country, you should feel unafraid to express yourself freely and be who and what you are and be free of ridicule and harassment for it. Your nudity doesnt hurt anybody so whats the harm in being nude around them and why in the heck should they be offended or uncomfortable by it anyways? The nude body is one of the most natural and normal things in the whole world. Its not your fault those people's parents raised them badly and taught them things to warp their minds, theyre the ones who have to question who and what they are, not you.

What better way to convince people than to just get out there and be yourself and be unafraid to be who and what you are and to talk to people about it. If you just be yourself and be normal and dont give anybody any reason to see anything wrong in what youre doing or any reason to question your motives then you shouldnt have anything to worry about. If you just talk to people and never get naked theyre not going to beleive you are a nudist because if you stay clothed all the time they will ask "If youre such a commited nudist, then why are you so afraid to be naked and wear your clothes all the time?" Its like if you say youre a vegetarian and eat meat all of the time, nobody is gonna beleive you if you tell them youre a vegetarian.

They have no reason to be offended by nudity so I dont care if they are offended, theyre the ones with the problems and need to find a way to deal with it, not me. I only care if I offend people if I know im actually doing something to purposely cause harm to them. Its not my fault they have nude phobias.

Having gay sex out in public does hurt people because you never know if these gay guys have stds or not and theyre very promiscuous and present a real threat to the people around them, that is a whole different ballgame than being nude. That is something that truly does and should offend people and its something people need to deal with. If I had to pick between a gay couple who was naked and having sex and just a straight couple who was naked and not doing anything at all and had to chose which one I would be offended by and not want on a nude beach, id pick the gay couple. Nobody should be having sex on any beach where there are other people around and these gay people are half of the reason why the general public does not accept nudity as being normal because they associate nudists with promiscuous gay people who engage in uncommited uncontrolled sex whereever they want to.

Well if you fail to see the difference in why I dont care if someone is offended by a nude person and why I care if someone is offended by a gay couple having sex then I dont think id be able to explain it to you.

17. Sammy

Sammy Member

You say "nobody should be having sex on a beach"

Others say "nobody should be going naked on a beach"

There is no difference. You don't think it's appropriate, and you think it's offensive. Evidently those doing it don't feel the same. Given that they are upsetting people, they ought to either withdraw their behaviour until the can convince people it's not offensive, or they should go and get their own beach set aside for having sex in public.

Nudists have got our own beach set aside for being nude, and that's fine. If, however, you want to push the envelope, and go naked other places as well without permission, then you need to accept that people who want to have sex in public can do the same thing. The nonsense about them presenting a threat is as ludicrous as people saying that naked people are a threat to society.

I know you see a big difference, but if you look at it logically, it's just what seems right to you, and people who prefer to be clothed hold just as strong views on the matter, and them being uncomfortable with nudity is just as important as you being uncomfortable with sex in public.

As far as the business with bras, and toplessness, you are behaving exactly like the people who mandate that we have to keep clothes on. It is none of your damn business whether anyone chooses to wear clothes or not. If someone wants to wear a bra, or a top, or shorts, or whatever else, for whatever reason, you have NO RIGHT to make them feel bad about it, and that's what you're doing. What most of us would like to see is a world where people are free to be nude, or topless, or clothed; to wear underwear, or not to, just as they like. That world will never exist while people like you are around, because you want to make people feel bad for choosing to wear clothes.

18. loveflower

loveflower Senior Member

Having gay sex out in public does hurt people because you never know if these gay guys have stds or not and theyre very promiscuous and present a real threat to the people around them

How the hell is that a threat to the people around them? It's not like they're squirting anything in their face or putting anything inside of them. STDs aren't contagious through the air, you have to have sex to get them. Hence, STD. And how the fuck are they any more promiscuous than anyone else? Personally I think that you are uncomfortable with yourself and you say that gay men are more promiscuous because of the fear that they may hit on you, if you simply said I'm not interested, I'm sure they would back off.

19. LaurelBayTree

i agree with you. and yeah its just like if you are hetero and a guy hits on a girl who is not interested...they say no and that's the end of it (from one perspecitive.) and statistics show (learned this in my psychology class) that more gay, lesbian and bisexual couples are in committed relationships. some may be promiscuous....but not the majority...once again statistics. i am bisexual...married...happy and happy to be myself...PEACE AND LOVE TO YOU ALL :)

20. LaurelBayTree

Bras Suck BTW [​IMG]