Ballsy woman?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Gladstone Screwer, Feb 1, 2005.

1. Super_Grrl

Super_Grrl Crazy love

Well I mean there's no absolutes...it's just what I found. I mean I work in an area that's predominately male execs and female workers. and there are two women supervisors who are both really nice, but when they have to push us people call them bitches and c-u-n-t-s and when the men push us people are like "wow, they're so goal-oriented." it's really annoying. But some men are assholes, some women truly ARE bitches...life is grand. :)

2. ZePpeLinA

ZePpeLinA Jump around!

this thread reminded me of one of the questions i had to answer for my last sociology exam...it had the following statement: "why do boys feel ridiculed when they are called a sissy while girls dont get offended when they are called a tomboy"

I'm not going to write the essay here, but generally i feel "strong" women are perceived that way cos they might show masculine attributes, however, here comes my question: why is being "strong" directly associated with being masculine or "having balls"

It's all down to the fucked up concepts of gender in society (I actually said this is my exam, but with different words of course!) ;)

3. seamonster66

seamonster66 discount dracula

That sounds like an odd work situation...first of all, calling someone a **** at a job is pretty risky these days....and secondly, who are these weird people you work with who get yelled at by a boss and say "wow, he's so goal oriented?"

4. Super_Grrl

Super_Grrl Crazy love

LOL well monster you have to understand...I work for the City *begin eerie music*

ps to Zepplina, yay for Sociology! Whoohoo!