Ballsy woman?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Gladstone Screwer, Feb 1, 2005.

1. Gladstone Screwer

Gladstone Screwer Member

Does anyone else find it annoying when a stong woman like Barbra Streisand or whoever is described as being ballsy or people say she has got balls. This implies that a woman has to lose her femininity and aquire male atributes in order to be strong. Its bollocks.

2. olhippie54

olhippie54 Touch Of Grey Lifetime Supporter

I always say, "Damn, that woman has overies!!!"

3. headymoechick

headymoechick I have no idea

I don't mind being called ballsy.

I have really REALLY BIG BALLS!

4. interval_illusion

interval_illusion Deceased

it doesnt bug me cause i know it's not meant to be taken literally.

5. thehipsterdufus

thehipsterdufus Member

it seems to have become more of a nongender-specific term, replacing the term 'gutsy'

6. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

... wow...

I'm not even taking this as bait to flame, its just to easy. :rolleyes:

This might be more suited for the womens issues forum, kid.

7. lynsey

lynsey Banned

there's a time and a place for everything and there are certain places where it's not accepted to express femininity just like it's not appropriatte to express masculinity. gender roles are for personal relationships not everyday life they should come up with a term like damn he/she is such a hermaphidite! but it would be like a compliment.

8. daisymae

daisymae Senior Member

RuPaul is a ballsy woman........

9. seamonster66

seamonster66 discount dracula

Well, it is ballsy for bahbara to charge 500 dollars a ticket to see her sing......I mean...she's got the biggest balls.

10. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

Hah, you're great daisymae. [​IMG]

11. Super_Grrl

Super_Grrl Crazy love

lol @ you daisymae, I tried to give you rep but I'm not allowed so...sorry! It's the thought that counts.

First of all, I love Barbara Streisand and I don't care who knows it. She's brilliant and fantastic and I love her. Period.

Second of all, yeah I do think it sucks, it's so gendered. But how come it doesn't work the other way? I mean, when a guy is sensitive or something, you never hear someone say "damn, he's got boobies!"

Third of all, why is it so weird that a woman might be in control of something other than baking cakes and changing poopy diapers? Hmmmm? Yeah that's what I thought!

That's why I like it when people call me a bitch...it means that I've taken control of something beyond what they'd expect of me, merely because of the presence of ovaries.

12. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

since i also refer to daring or bold men as ballsy, i consider a point not worth discussing. in fact, it's very non-sexist, being that it disregards the sex of the person being called ballsy.

13. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

Thats I say... I'm sophisticated. [​IMG]

Or an asshole... I forget. [​IMG]

14. Super_Grrl

Super_Grrl Crazy love

Sophisticated, Lodui, at least in this thread! ;)

15. monosphere

monosphere Holly's Hubby

Women have balls too. They're just located internally as opposed to externally. Aren't ovaries almost teh same shape as testicles? So, why can't we say that she has a lot of balls?

I know I'm getting technical, but aren't we all by having this discussion?

16. seamonster66

A very gay guy told me he had ovaries

quote: That's why I like it when people call me a bitch...it means that I've taken control of something beyond what they'd expect of me, merely because of the presence of ovaries.

I doubt it, more like you were being an asshole, but a female version

quote: Third of all, why is it so weird that a woman might be in control of something other than baking cakes and changing poopy diapers? Hmmmm? Yeah that's what I thought!

What is this 1950?! It's been quite some time now since women entered the workforce in droves.

17. Super_Grrl

Super_Grrl Crazy love

No, I honestly think a lot of the time women get called bitchy for doing the same thing that, had a man done it, would get him called "gung-ho" or something in that similar vein.

Yeah I know, women have been in the workforce for a long time now...I like to exaggerate because sometimes it's fun.

18. seamonster66

give me an example of something considered bitchy if a female does it, but not a problem for a man.

19. Super_Grrl

Super_Grrl Crazy love

ok like in the work place...female supervisors who push their employees hard are seen as bitches, but male supervisors who push their employees hard are "go-getters" and "good leaders" and whatnot.

20. seamonster66

hmmmm

Are you sure that the men aren't seen as "assholes" as well. I get annoyed equally.