Balance?

Discussion in 'Love and Sex' started by grim_rebel, May 23, 2004.

1. grim_rebel

grim_rebel Member

Are you ever truly not 'good enough' for someone? Do you think that it is possible to like each other equally and not have one of you like the other significantly more? Sigh... How can you make yourself not like a beautiful girl who gives up someone she likes only to say she just wants to be friends? FRIENDS? Fuckin a', females drive me crazy man...

2. DarkLunacy

DarkLunacy Senior Member

Rethink and reprase bro your babling.

3. grim_rebel

grim_rebel Member

hahaha, word... love's a fucking babble... i had it phrased down nicely but i guess it was too long, no one really answered...

I'll try and rephrase it for you anyways. Forget the first two questions, here's my problem.

There this madd pretty girl that i started liking a while ago, prior to that we was just acquaintances, we happen to ride the same car every day but since i was friends with her brother i never really pulled something off. Well, i decided to like her and at the time she was really digging this other dude. The other dude's a fuckin poser, i got her madd confused, set her free to make her choice, she chose me, but... as a 'friend'. As time dragged on my feelings grew stronger but i knew nothing of hers. A couple days ago our messages got really emotional and she said she first wanted me as a friend but then as so much more, only to say that she really wanted me as a friend. I don't know if this is supposed to be the foundation for a relationship, which i wouldn't mind, but i'd hate it to be for real and have her go and get with someone else on the pretense that we're only 'friends'. You catch where i'm going? I just don't know if i should stop liking her, keep liking her, play the friendship side (which i really don't tknow how to do, as i'd just keep liking her)... i mean, she's really beautiful, i'm not bad looking myself - maybe a little short, about an inch below her... ahhh fuck... I just don't think i'm 'good enough' for her, i seem to like her a lot more than she likes me and so when i make up my mind and just stop talking to her she flips out and cries and shit... it's really fucked up... Whatever, i figured i'd play it nice until i leave for canada this summer, be nice to her, take her out to dinner, get drunk (she don't smoke the buddha), and just kick it... i'll see how things go. Dammit, i answered my own question. Cheers

About the whole balance thing, should one lower their expectations and go for a less pretty girl who they might get along better with or muster some effort and bag a prettier girl who has more potential for cheating on you? Even when the prettier one seems to really want you as a friend... to the point of not going out with someone who she wanted as more...? I'm so confused...

4. warthog

warthog Member

alllways be a gentelman ,,,allways treat her like a lady....whatever happens you did right by her,& know it...Bonnie Rait,,has a song "I cant make you love me " PeAcE

5. grim_rebel

grim_rebel Member

Cheers man, thanks. I know I must be compassionate and true at all times, I just don't know what a 'friend' is... and what it means to both of us...

6. goodboy

goodboy Banned

7. grim_rebel

grim_rebel Member