Bad Trippin', The infamous bummer

Discussion in 'LSD - Acid Trips' started by PsychMyke, Apr 25, 2007.

1. Glordag

Glordag Member

If a trip is the worst experience of someone's life, I think it's fair to call that trip a "bad" trip. Obviously the use of the word is up for debate, as often "bad" trips result in "good" after effects. Indeed, this was the case with mine. The point, though, is that it makes sense to use the word "bad" to describe something that is not enjoyable, uncomfortable, disorienting, traumatic, and downright full of terror. This is what the word bad is for in that context. If the user doesn't have an experience like that without the drug, then how can you possibly say it's the "user" that makes it bad and not the drug? In that case the trip was OBVIOUSLY the cause of the bad experience. It's very simple. If user doesn't take the drug tonight, the user has a calm, relaxing night. If user does take the drug, the user has a night of intense fear and pain. It sounds like a bad trip to me.

It's just like calling any experience bad. Sure, it might not have been a bad experience if someone else was doing it, but that doesn't stop it from being a bad experience. If a bank heist goes bad because the robbers were idiots, it was still a bad heist, no?

2. MamaTheLama

MamaTheLama Too much coffee

I'd consider puking a bad drunk.

3. PsychMyke

PsychMyke Senior Member

DUde cmon...if you havent experienced an evil trip, you really dont know. The trip i was refferring to in the first post was the most hellish, nightmarish experience ill ever have had to endore, it was deffinatly a BAD trip...and ive definatly had trips that were just "alright" your average run of the mill trip, compared to other "awsome mind blowing, expiditions" into my own psych.
    Set and setting has alot to do with the outcome, and trust me you dont ever want a trip to go bad, it sucks....real bad.

4. PsychMyke

PsychMyke Senior Member

a trip that is bad...a bad trip...makes sense to me bro

How do you explain the Brown Acid at woodstock 69...People who took it described the feeling as nightmarish, it wasnt overlly intense it was just bad acid. They had to set up tents because so many people were having bad trips off of it. They announced warnings about it over the intercom system and everything. It obviously produced a differnt "bad" type of trip then other acid at the festival, Jimi Hendrix ate it, and he himself had to visit one of the "freakout" tents....Jimi Fuckin Hendrix. Unless of course it wasnt acid at all, cause i dont know how one batch of acid could bed so radically different then others. Either way that brown psychedelic produce trips that were BAD. If-so-facto, a bad trip.

and Booze isnt a psychedelic, its an intoxicant, that is a horrible comparison. LSD is a strong mind-fuck drug that alters thoughts and emotions much differently and more powerfully then booze...especially in a bad mindset.

5. Peter Popper

Peter Popper Tripper

this guy just hasnt experienced a bad trip to know.
    thinking its all over and your going to die is a bad trip...

6. Glordag

Glordag Member

Indeed. Facing a clone of yourself while being watched by Satan and being told it is your judgement day is definitely a bad trip. I'm not even Christian, lol. I guess in all fairness it wasn't quite that specific, but that is the only way I could remember it the next morning. Like I said before, it wasn't as much any particular vision as it was just intense negative emotions.

7. eman resu

eman resu Senior Member

I have got in a car crash tripping my face off and i had to go to the hospital. My head got split open and shit and i was covered in blood. It fucked me up so bad I couldent even talk. I ended up having to get a pissload of stiches in my head.

Im sure i have never had shitty experiences tripping though.
    Im still not going to call it a "bad" triip becuase it dosent make any sense.

8. eman resu

eman resu Senior Member

and you have probbably ate L like what? 2 times.

9. PsychMyke

PsychMyke Senior Member

Dude for real, that sucks so bad. Im sorry that def must have sucked.

But a bad trip in the sense that im refferring to isnt just pertaining to like bad things happening during your trip. Im talking about being in a perfectly controlled environment, full knowing whats about to happen in the most depressed and suicidal mindstate. Trust me...thats bad tripping, what happened to you blows dude, i can only imagine the pain you must have went through. But the bad trips ive experienced were all just a mindset due to depression and suicidal tendancies. Its not pretty. I wasnt in any state to talk myself out of it and i was by myself. I had to call my dad i was having a horrible HORRIBLE panic attack. What your saying is true, tripping is just tripping period, but tripping in a bad mind state can make it go bad, and if the mindstate is suicidal it can get pretty fucking evil...

I would kno now not to dose if i was feeling that low, but i was only 16 and i had tripped like 4 or 5 times at lower doses and i didnt have a solid understanding of the way the drug worked.

10. Peter Popper

Peter Popper Tripper

theres a difference between just a bummed out trip, or a trip that just seemed overwhelming and intense. compared to a trip that takes that nightmarish turn.

a trip where you have a car accident may not be a "bad trip" in this sense, but on the other hand a trip where your just sitting peacfully in a room could suddenly turn "bad".

11. PsychMyke

PsychMyke Senior Member

^it has and it sucks

12. Peter Popper

Peter Popper Tripper

you trippin now, huh. just imagine clouds n' rainbows, colours n' geese, sounds of nature. hope that helps. dont just read it, imagien it

13. PsychMyke

PsychMyke Senior Member

naw im just spun out and exhausted at this point. My trip last night was beautiful. Im just saying, in the past ive had a horrible nightmarish experience due to problems in my own life i was having and the trip took on a mind of its own, i lost complete control of it. Its only happened once i dont think it could happen again, i was in a pretty fragile state, that was a long time ago though so...no worries here.

14. eman resu

eman resu Senior Member

Its safe to say you know nothing about tripping

15. MamaTheLama

Last time I checked Rule #1 of tripping was:
    Only trip when you're happy, healthy,had a good nights sleep, and there's no trouble in your life.

I think that excluded anyone past highschool, lol.

16. PsychMyke

PsychMyke Senior Member

^yea its rule #1 now...lesson learned i guess you could say

17. MamaTheLama

That's the problem with things that don't come with direction labels.
    Glad you made it through.

18. PsychMyke

PsychMyke Senior Member

haha and for the better ide say