Bad highs?

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by xLEFTOVERCRACKx, Jan 15, 2009.

1. xLEFTOVERCRACKx

xLEFTOVERCRACKx Member

I'm sure a lot of us have had bad highs before in the past. Some of us worse than others. I've seen people where one bad high completely turned them off from smoking for good. I experienced a very bad high the other day, and this high nearly made me want to stop blazing alltogether. This was probably one of the worst highs of my life.

We were at a friends place with around six people including me. Only me and this other kid were smoking while the others were drinking (I dont like alcohol that much). We asked the others if anybody wanted any, 2 said that they'll smoke later and the other 2 didnt wanna smoke period.

Well once I got pretty baked, so many thoughts just started to fill my head. I fell completely silent for about an hour and my friends kept asking me "Hey buddy, you ok man? you dont look so good." and I'd just tell them that I was just really baked so they wouldnt get into my case. But then it came to a point where I just got so depressed and heart-broken (different story, but now I realise that it was the reason for the bad high). I actually considered stopping smoking because of this, but the next day I was feeling better. I didnt smoke again until the next day though.

2. comfortablynumb90

comfortablynumb90 Member

ive had unpleasent highs before, like maybe a little too intense from smoking too much good weed or being in an uncomfortable setting/situation

but it would never make me stop smoking. i have wayyy too many good highs for every 'bad high' i get to just stop altogether b/c of it.

3. Willy_Wonka_27

Willy_Wonka_27 Surrender to the Flow

My first 10 highs very intense, with a very heavy body load, a racing heart, and lots of paranoia. Every time I smoked I would wonder why anyone would smoke marijuana if this is what happened. But I kept smoking and built a little tolerance and started enjoying the highs.

I have had 3 or 4 panic attacks while high, all in my early days of smoking. Panic attacks are crazy, I had no control over my mind, body, or fear. My whole body would vibrate and shake, all my muscles would clench. I would start pacing all over the house, going out, and coming back in. It would become hard to breath, and I couldn't talk. My heart would pound. It would only last about 3-5 minutes, but it was definitely a high killer.

Ive also had many times where Ive had a mental high that was to intense for the social situation I was in. Everything was either very awkward or brought on too much paranoia and made for a lame high.

I'm very aware of how often and how much weed I smoke now, so I only get good highs now.

4. Jennifer19

Jennifer19 Senior Member

I had one bad high, I started to flip out I though I was falling off a cliff. That was they only high that went bad

5. Green_Goddess

Green_Goddess Member

I've had some bad highs usually when I'm really stressed out and having anxiety already then smoking too much and the intensity would set me off on a really bad panic attack.. it doesn't happen much anymore but it did turn me off from weed for awhile, never quit completely but cut down alot at the time and would get scared to get too high in fear of having an attack again

6. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

i've never had a bad high but then i've never been smoking weed during a very bad time for me (like leftovercrack), so i dunno.

maybe i would fall into shroom-like thought loops as well, or maybe mj would even overpower that and just give me a great high

but yeah i wouldn't say you had a bad high

you had a bad day :)

7. Treath

Treath Member

Bad highs/anxiety can happen when you:
    1. Use too much weed at one time after a break of not using.
    2. Are in an uncomfortable situation.
    3. Are in a bad mood.
    4. Worry.
    5. Are new to weed.

Everyone has had a bad high/anxiety from weed at least once in their life.

8. xLEFTOVERCRACKx

xLEFTOVERCRACKx Member

Actually I didnt have a bad day. Now that I think about it, its mainly because of the setting I was in.

9. legal_rasta

legal_rasta Member

yeah i had a really bad high not long ago. i was at my buddys house and was spending the night and we were hitting the bong in the garage. This was my first time in like a year long break so yeah. anyway. basically for the first idk 10 minutes i was super high and couldnt stop laughing. then the rest of the time i felt high and nauseous the whole time and like really dizzy. I had to go to the bathroom to throw up twice. it sucked.
    i havent smoked since, but its not because i dont want to, i just dont have any green. :piggy:

I guess im a victim of the number # 1 rule

1. Use too much weed at one time after a break of not using.

10. Buddha Fish

Buddha Fish wanderin' fish

unless i'm in an awesome setting, like in a grassy field on a sunny summer day with other people around me that are cool with what i'm doing, then i can get depressed/have a bad high. however, this is only when i'm really really high. every time i can remember that happening i felt like i should stop smoking pot and drugs are bad and i'm going to change my life. the next day though i would feel fine and realize that i was just being 'too high.'

11. xLEFTOVERCRACKx

xLEFTOVERCRACKx Member

I feel you man. The worst high I had made me seriously consider stopping blazing. It was because I was thinking of death, and how it couldnt happen to anyone. And I started to dread everything after that because I was afraid that the next phone call I got would be very grim news, or that I would wake up the next morning to find out some very unfortunate things. I actually stopped smoking for a few weeks after this, because I just got so afraid of weed.

But how did I get back to smoking? Well I had one really shitty day, and since I still had a shitload of bud left untouched from the last time cuz i didnt touch it, I decided to smoke it. Man, I took one hit from the bong, and I wasnt bummed out anymore. I felt fantastic.

12. Jennifer19

Jennifer19 Senior Member

it's good to take a break every now and then