Bad Habits?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Bassplayerjojo, Jun 5, 2004.

1. Dustinthewind

Dustinthewind woopdee fucking doo

Fuck!! I dont know why in the fuck i fucking curse.

2. HerbuhLovuh

HerbuhLovuh raa

silly joe dancing is potentially an extraordinary habit

3. alex714

alex714 To the Left

my worst habit WAS being self destructive, but that has thankfully stopped!!:D

oh and fuck is just a super fun word to through around, isnt it

4. Dustinthewind

Dustinthewind woopdee fucking doo

I am hella fucking glad that stopped alex!! :)

and yes the word "Fuck" is a good word to throw around.

5. alex714

alex714 To the Left

ya im feckin glad it stopped also, i dont know when....but it did and i hope it never comes feckin back!

6. joe

joe Banned

yes, but youve never seen me dance, its like watching a 40 year old white guy having a heart attack

7. olhippie54

olhippie54 Touch Of Grey Lifetime Supporter

I had a bad habit once.

8. HerbuhLovuh

HerbuhLovuh raa

I think I understand. I bet you'd have fun dancing to my guitar playing/singing in that case, LoL!

9. nightmarehippygirl

nightmarehippygirl LEVI'S MOMMY

sleeping entirely too much, as a means of dealing with depression, etc

my eating disorder

telling people what i think, even when i know they don't want to know

having a potty mouth, which i somehow manage to control when i'm around my mom, but can't control around anyone else.

obsessive/compulsive thoughts...counting things, checking to see if appliances are off 10 times etc

damn, i sound like a nut..hehe

10. HerbuhLovuh

HerbuhLovuh raa

Don't hold back even if its scary.

11. nightmarehippygirl

i don't, but people stay perpetually pissed off at me, because i tell the truth, at least as i see it. my one sister and i have went around and around because i told her that she wasn't taking care of her kids, because she was too self absorbed and that her priorities were all wrong. (trust me, they were). my other sister has been mad at me because i told her that her boyfriend was an obnoxious lush, and that i couldn't stand him. i not really talking about unsolicited advice. i try to hold things in, until someone asks, and then i just let it fly...hehe. maybe people should stop asking my opinion....

12. HerbuhLovuh

HerbuhLovuh raa

What's your opinion on my idea that what you express is only half-truth because it might be true to your observation what you see and tell them about but to their observation you need to do more then just see it: you might need to act on it?

13. nightmarehippygirl

whoa, you lost me i think. as i said, i tell the truth, as i see it, which is all anyone can do, anyway. my opinion is not the word of god, nobody has to listen to me, or care what i say. it's just that when my sister asked what i thought of her boyfriend, most people woulda said "he's great", but i said what i really thought, which probably wasn't what she wanted to hear. i didn't do it to be a bitch, i did it because he really is lame and she's not terribly happy with him. i didn't see any benefit to giving her fake reassurance. as for acting on my opinions or whatever, what would you have had me do?

sorry for derailing this thread guys..:)

14. HerbuhLovuh

HerbuhLovuh raa

What I am suggesting right now is that not only should you unbiasedly state your observations, but that you should utilize your obvious intelligence and energy to search out and enact upon solutions. It is a three-part process.

15. nightmarehippygirl

well, i do, when i can. there wasn't much i could do about my sister wanting to date a boozer. if she likes him, i probably couldn't do much to change that.

about the other situation, with my other sister, i did try to actually help change things. i helped convince her she should go to drug rehab, and have supported her as much as i could, so that maybe she'll be able to get herself together so she can take care of her kids. i have also helped her find appropriate resources for her developmentally delayed child, etc.

so, yeah, i don't just bitch, i try to actually make things better when i can, but sometimes there isn't anything i can do, so then i guess i am just a bitch...hehe

goodnight!

16. HerbuhLovuh

HerbuhLovuh raa

I find it incredibly difficult to communicate with people who are either obsessed with themselves(like the asshole perfectionist of the 4th reich nonsense LoL), booze, or drugs, so I don't blame you, and thanks for the chat. G'night.