Babylon or Jah?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Ged, Jan 19, 2018.

1. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

With 'the shitstem' you mean system. What kind of system are you precisely thinking of here? Where starts one getting a part of it and where would it stop

Yes, the hard working neighbour that is part of the economic system does indeed 'not go babylon' by being part of it. Not be definition at least. That was my point. If he embraces the bad aspects of the system though (in order to gain something at the cost of his fellow men) that changes. Babylon in rastafari is a concept. So earning a living by growing fruit does not automatically set a person free from babylon, same with keeping your kids out of school to name another obvious example. When taken the concept of babylon being the system literally you will see it encompasses pretty much the whole of modern society. Certain rastas do this and actually move to Ethiopia (where the bad sides of 'the system' are actually even more in their face than on Jamaica)

2. David0301

David0301 Members

to give you some examples my brothers:

- instead of buying a 300 euros pair of jeans named "diesel" , buy a normal pair , which buy the way is just the same , no difference, zero, = that is destroying babylon. Boom!

- same applies to shoes, shirts, jackets, etc etc. If everybody did that , you cant imagine how much of a change this would be to the system (babylon). I have always thought that brand clothes were superior in quality. But just by the end of 2017 i discovered that there is absolutely no difference. Zero. So basically, I was a fool for many year. Better not say how much I invested into useless brand clothes :mask: =that is destroying babylon. Boom!

- instead of buying your fruits,vegetables from the evil evil (oooh boy are they evil, we could write a seperate thread on them) evil evil supermarket chains rewe, carrefour, tesco, walmart, albertson etc buy them from your local farmers. That way, money is not going to Babylon. Money is going to good hearted people. = that is destroying babylon. Boom!

- instead of supporting the evil evil pharmaceutical industry , take the matter into your own hands. Study a little bit of medicine. 1 book is enough. Promised. You will be the master of your health. = that is destroying babylon. Boom!

etc etc

if I could do that, then surely everybody else could do.
    By the way, of all the measurements I have listed above, I was the complete opposite up until January 2016,
    It would make a big change to the shitstem. Oh yea and ....babylon will fall :grinning:

3. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

4. David0301

David0301 Members

would you be so kind and specify what exactly you meant by that "lol" sound ? :grinning:

5. David0301

David0301 Members

yes asmodean

i care where my money is spent on, it does matter, the money I save just by not buying brand clothes now rather goes to needy,homeless people etc..thats a big step, thinkabout it

I hope you are not a babylon supporter :rage:

:tonguewink:

6. David0301

David0301 Members

lol, well said
    i know that many go back to ethiopia,

the biggest revange , to me, would be to do huge farming projects, to plant your own food+materials, and distrube them to local people at fair prices , oh boy that way babylon´s tower will collapse faster than on the painting you have sent me:wink:

7. David0301

David0301 Members

8. morrow

morrow Visitor

That's a crock!
    Have you seen how much those.. good people charge? Then run around in their fancy cars, living in huge houses, kids riding their new pony's!
    You need to forget about your new enlightenment, and get back to the real world!
    If you want to beat the system, shouldn't you be encouraging people to grow their own?
    So you change stuff for 2 years, now you know best? Rubbish!

9. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

All is true ! they charge the suckers that visit their "farm shops" double what they get from supermarkets for the same stuff

morrow likes this.
  10. David0301

David0301 Members

Hi,

I am delighted to see your interest in stepping outta babylon. We can do this. Step by Step.
    First, lets get to your question:

You say "Then run around in their fancy cars, living in huge houses, kids riding their new pony's!"
    I have never in my life seen a farmer who lives that celebrity life that you mentioned. The farmers where I buy my food from wear old clothes, got (if they have1) an old car and never travel. In babylon terms they are poor. But in my terms they are rich. Because they are 100% self sufficient. They have their own plants,trees,animals,water,electricity. They are 100% independent from the outside world. But at the same time hardly got money in their pocket. (And btw this is also my dream.) On the other hand, a celebrity like Brad Pitt or Nicki Minaj might have millions in their pocket but they are 100% dependent from the outside world. They have to run to the store and buy food whenever they are hungry . Just as a homeless man does lol. You see the difference now between "babylon rich" and "real wealth" ?

You said "If you want to beat the system, shouldn't you be encouraging people to grow their own?"
    thats what i am doing. Im telling everybody growing your own food would be the best. But since you people in the UK,US(ecept south),Canada are frozen most of the time , its impossible to grow food. Except some little herbs. Most of your fruits and veggies come from abroad , between october-mai at least, dig?

I suggest you leave the evil babylon world and come join me .
    It is a beautiful way of life. You live more conscious about everything, happier and are more benefitial to society. You know at heart that you contribute a lot to collapsing the tower of babylon.

(hahaah i love that historical-biblical-fictitious metaphor "babylon" when used to describe the shit-stem. )

Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
  11. David0301

David0301 Members

@Mallyboppa
    i have been on an organic farm several times, growing food organically takes more time&money.
    Take a mango tree for example. If you inject it with fertilizer and all kindzzz of chemicals it will grow faster, be resistent to microbes and produce more food . A conventional farmer can produce 3x more than an organic farmer, given the same time&space. Dig?

12. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

Dig Lol nobody Digs they have machines for Digging ( bit of a pun that's all ) don't think too much into it !
    I know about farmers have been a shooter /hunter for 40 yrs They are Businessmen and like every other wage earner they want to make some money to live Organic or not :tonguewink:
    farmers dont do it for the love of the spud they do it for the quid that's in the spud
    you can call it Organic and make an extra couple of bob
    Got to feed the family you see Wanna buy some Magic stones ?

morrow likes this.
  13. morrow

morrow Visitor

Jees, not everything is what YOU see.. your one tiny part of the world..

Do more research, like in the UK before you start trying to topple the government, because they pay farmers to leave their crops to rot, then encourage the farmers to import, to employ foreign nationals to work the fields, and have you believe British people don't want the work.. truth is, UK government out priced their own people!

Now stop preaching from your own tiny world, and learn more, then people might just take you more serious, because we know you mean well! But you know nothing tbh..

Tyrsonswood and Mallyboppa like this.
  14. David0301

David0301 Members

wao lookie what me just found , treasure yo

15. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

Britain could be entirely self-sufficient if it wanted, but the vagaries of free trade and the market dictate against that. With crop-rotation, hydroponics and poly-tunnels we could virtually grow vegetables and grains the whole year round. Which is why I am in the process of applying for a plot of land from the council, known here in the UK as an "allotment". I'm keen to get in on the urban permaculture movement.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2018
    morrow, Mallyboppa and GLENGLEN like this.
  16. David0301

David0301 Members

that woudl be great ged if you could do that? are you kind of involved in farming?

btw what you mentioned ilustrates nicely the corrupt behaviour of big supermarket chains which i mentioned above; instead of supporting local production they gather fruits from all over the world. I know dem carrefour,tesco etc they all the same . Imagine , here in teneriffa where the best climate you can imagine coupled with fertile soil is, you still find in the carrefour supermarket kiwis from new zealand , figs from turkey , and dates from israel lol. that is why I stay away from them babylon supermarkets, to hell with them. I go buy my food from one good hearted old woman who got a glow on her face and got a great vibe, she has an organic stand in the big market. And im on my way there now...

17. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

My Grandfather on my Mother's side was a farmer for sometime, but I am not myself involved in that business. I do however have a qualification in horticulture, and have worked professionally as a gardener. I just want a plot of land and a greenhouse so I can do some permaculture on a small scale. Are you familiar with permaculture? It's very interesting. Basically whole cities could be permacultured, helping to improve the physical environment, mental health and also provide food.

18. David0301

David0301 Members

well then, as a gardaner, you certainly have some knowledge already
    yes, permaculture, to my understanding, is selfsufficient/sustainable agriculture.
    That is the same as organic farming. Because surely chemical fertilizers arent sustainable ;-) long term.
    In this regard we are the same.

What is in your mind what size of land ?
    And would you use it commercially?

19. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

I live in Suburban London. The allotments the local council hand out are small, just enough room for a greenhouse and space to grow a few veggies for personal consumption. It will just be practice for me, and a chance for me to get out in the fresh air. I'm thinking of trying to join or set up a permaculture meet-up group, so I can meet like-minded people. Ideally I would like to meet someone in North West London who would like to help me on the allotment, because I don't drive, and having a car or small van would be very useful.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2018
  20. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Yes, yes..buying clothing produced in sweatshops overseas made by workers who get paid peanuts and work in deplorable conditions is indeed destroying Babylon. How enlightening, thank you for showing me the light!