Babylon or Jah?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Ged, Jan 19, 2018.

1. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

Which would you rather?

Babylon.

Or a reggae Rasta World?

Please note, this thread was created with a sense of humour.

David0301 and Mallyboppa like this.
  2. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

3. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Irie man

David0301 likes this.
  4. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

5. themnax

themnax Senior Member

my world is considerably outside of the box imagined by almost anything human i've ever met.
    it has forests and mountains, its mostly forested mountains, but that's where its resemblance to anything in euro-american history begins and ends.

jah i guess, because the way in the mountains is all 'jah'. except our 'jah' has no demons to be at war with, and no wish to be feared by anything.
    and it really doesn't own anything to what anyone wants to pretend to know. it doesn't even have to be any one thing. might very well be many, or something else entirely.

babalon, that's what everyone says everyone ELSE is. just so they can make an excuse instead of pointing fingers at themselves.
    human society is babalon, whatever it claims to believe in, whatever belief it claims as an excuse.

i'm not good at humor. wouldn't even know where to begin with this.

if you put honesty, consideration and logic together in harmony, you can turn any place, i mean if enough people there do this, and enough people someplace else doesn't try to stop them,
    into a paradise beyond the most wonderful you can imagine. but it only takes hating logic, to turn any paradise into a hell.

why we have so many hells and so few paradises, people don't want to admit this. they want a magic wand and they blame logic for not being one.
    and its true, logic by itself isn't a magic wand. it does need to be kept on a leash of consideration. but hating it is all it takes to destroy anything.

but 'jah' though, that's saying hierarchy is good, that's saying that wanting to be feared is good. it doesn't sound like it but it is.
    and that's wrong too. because hierarchy isn't the default condition of neutral goodness.
    hierarchy is what happens, what is there, when and because, culture, or a majority of people, CHOOSE not to be considerate enough.

all of that probably could have been put better and humorously. i wouldn't want to discourage anyone from doing so.
    would have myself if i could have. if i had a mind that works that way, that had the talent for it.

6. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

In your own way do you do make me chuckle themnax, and I like a lot of what you say.

7. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

8. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

So folklore goes, the break up of a unified linguistic culture occurred in the tower of Babel. So the Human race started to "Babel", thus resulting in Babylon. I'm sure someone who knows their biblical history and their reggae knows this better then me. Or is this just a meaningless quirk of language. Or is there some intrinsic wisdom and knowledge in quirks of language that reveal something deep about the Human story?

9. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i don't think there's an intrinsic wisdom in language. closer to just the opposite.
    (i'm aware of both paget and tolkin. i don't claim to be smarter. just not convinced either were entirely objective either.)
    people like to put labels for everything. like to think the know something because they put a label.
    not many people pay attention to the origin of words.
    for a few its a great hobby. and those who do, i think look at everyone else and sake their heads.
    a linguistically united humanity, seems unlikely much past the diaspora of the species beyond the edin of auldivoi.
    (long before it ever reached the historic 'babalon')
    a balkanization of language in one place over a short period of time, during a time of ease and plenty,
    yes i can see that might happen. how that would be connected with a single monumental public work though,
    even one widely agreed to be of religious significance, that i've never been able to make much sense of.
    and i doubt very much anyone ever thought 'heavin' was some place they could reach by trying to see how high they could pile stones.

well in today's world we have reached low earth orbit and beyond.
    not of course, by stacking stones.

and i somehow doubt we've offended the universe by doing so either.
    other things might.

10. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

11. Joshua Tree

Joshua Tree Remain In Light

"You'll never get to Zion without Jah love"

12. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

13. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

Ras Tafarian music has some old language from Africa preserved . Sometimes it called the Royal Language
    that some modern people rep as only for crazy people . I've heard it at a show that opened with preacher music .
    The lyrics are ancient words of Oneness . And , by the way , are loved by children and the language is forever
    reborn anew . You might hear it in all the world .

David0301 likes this.
  14. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

koo-koo teekee toh'ko

ha-ha

15. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Yo yo bitches b lyke all ova muh dick mon

16. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

why woman sing the unholy techno echo ?

David0301 likes this.
  17. David0301

David0301 Members

eyyyyyy how comes i have missed that topic, me loves reggae ,

Last edited: Jan 20, 2018
  18. David0301

David0301 Members

Some reggae musicians stayed true to the roots of reggae and never sold to Babylon.
    Even some of bob marleys children deviated and started singing about nonsense junk. Siding next to that monkey piece of disgrace to music jayz.

Here are some true-to-the-roots-staying-reggae musicians who no go to dutty babylon for nuthin:

1.Bob marley&Wailers
    2.Burning Spear
    3.Thirld World
    4. U Roy
    5. Aswad
    6. The Abbyssinians

Ps all of the above listed musicians have not changed a tinny bit and are still active! (except bob who is dead) . They have been on it since the 60s,70s and true to the roots. Have not sold even 1 dollar to Babylon!!! I love them all.

Its a beautiful way of life to have music that also has a meaning. A music that you can play all day long without annoying you or without giving you headache but rather gives you hope and joy.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2018
  19. David0301

David0301 Members

next time notify me when you post something about reggae. I almost missed that .:tonguewink:

20. David0301

David0301 Members

this some precious gals... roots natty roots!!