Baby making?

Discussion in 'Gay News' started by nox_lumen, Mar 10, 2014.

1. nox_lumen

nox_lumen Member

Ok, my understanding is that if a gay couple want's to adopt in America, it can be nearly impossible. In addition to physiological and financial checks, some may get turned away to prevent "turning kids gay", so it can be frustrating.

However, as far as I can tell from this article, you can just buy a new baby, some genetic material may be needed. http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/national/science/ethical/fertility1.htm

Apparently, fertility clinics have none of the safety protocols of the adoption system, so literally anyone can get a baby as long as they can pay the bill, almost like natural reproduction. You don't even have to be financially stable, just have the cash for the child making.

How does that make any sense? Well, how does it make sense that it's easier for an American to adopt children from other countries then it is to adopt from home?

2. QueerPoet

QueerPoet Senior Member

Because American babies are considered the ideal (sadly). However, I know a gay couple that has adopted 2 children from other countries. Both children have been through horrendous trauma, and are emotionally and physically scarred.

Yet slowly but surely, they are adapting to the American way of life. And they are learning to love and trust people (instead of being afraid that they will only be hurt by those they depend on most).

I find this encouraging.

Anyway, I'd rather adopt a child from another country. Not because it's easier, but because the need is so much greater. :love:

QP