Baby and I were in a car accident...

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by HippyFreek2004, Jun 23, 2006.

1. HippyFreek2004

HippyFreek2004 changed screen name

We're both fine. Don't freak out.

But if she were to have whiplash or be sore tomorrow, can I give her anything? If she's extra irritable or whatever?

2. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

check with doc, but low dose acetomeniphen (mangled spelling) for a day won't hurt. Or let her nurse more.
    still have transport?

3. Critter1223

Critter1223 Member

OMG- I am sorry to hear that, I am glad you two are okay.... So Scary and quick. Maybe check with your doc, for a small dose of baby tylenol??? It may help her rest a bit if shes unsettled..Good Luck;)

4. sugrmag

sugrmag Uber Nerd

((((holly and moire)))) Oh honey I hope you are okay. The last wreck I was in, I was pregnant and Maddie was 3 in the back seat. She was definitely better off than I was. She didn't hurt at all afterwards and I was very stiff and sore from the impact. I hope all is well.

5. barefoot_kirstyn

barefoot_kirstyn belly flop

oh man, I'm glad you guys are ok!!!!!
    Yeah, some infants tylenol should help if she is acting a little odd, just really check the lable for dossage...I can't remember if it said to check with a doctor under 3 months. I was always just told to give Leane the higher dosages because of her size...so I never read that part...

6. Dakota's Mom

Dakota's Mom Senior Member

I'm so glad you're okay. That can be really scary. If she was in her rear facing car seat, I'm sure she'll be fine. That's why they put infants rearfacing. The carseat itself absorbs the shock of the impact so the babe doesn't suffer.

Kathi

7. Maggie Sugar

Maggie Sugar Senior Member

I hope you guys are OK. Babies are very flexible, but you think she may have been hurt, please see the doctor. Also, you will need to get a new car seat, as microbreaks may occur in the plastic of a car seat that has been in a collision, and it may break without warning. Don't give it to anyone, make sure it is discarded where it cannot be used again.

(((((((((((Holly and Moira)))))))))))))))

8. HippyFreek2004

HippyFreek2004 changed screen name

She's fine. I was worried for nothing. We did see a doctor last night after I posted. He said no baby tylenol as she is so young. Just to cuddle her more. If she's inconsolible, then she needs to be seen again.

But so far today, she's been an absolute angel.

Basically, I was T-boned going through a green light. The guy was turning left without even looking at the intersection. Apparently, he thought he had eyes in the side of his head. All he hit was the driver's side door. Didn't even engage the airbag system. Moire didn't even wake up. She slept through it.

9. hippychickmommy

hippychickmommy Sugar and Spice

Wow, I'm so sorry you guys got into an accident, but very relieved to hear that you're both okay!

{{{Hugs}}}

10. Skyes_hippy_mama

Skyes_hippy_mama Member

I know what you are going through, kind of. I had my son due to a car accident, but tylenol should help, like the others had said, call doc let him know if your child is acting different in any way than your child acted before your wreck. But good luck, and at least your alive, and well.
    (((Hugs to both of you)))

11. TARABELLE

TARABELLE on the road less traveled

Thank the Goddesses you and Moire are OK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG]

12. wyldwynd

wyldwynd ~*~ Super Moderator

sorry to hear you and your baby were in a accident,,
    im glad your both alright and doing well :)

13. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

that must have been so scary for you.

~be well~
    nimh

14. HippyFreek

HippyFreek Vintage Member

It was scary, but all is fine now.

And it seems it will be taken care of very quickly. Even without insurance (I know, bad mamma), they are claiming fault and HIS insurance will pay to have the car fixed or replaced. HALLELUJAH!