Azores Islands - Jobs

Discussion in 'Portuguese' started by Peter1297, Jan 12, 2015.

1. Peter1297

Peter1297 Members

Hi everybody,

I'm writting there to ask for help. Me and my girlfriend searching for a job on Azores Islands. We are from Europe. I'm searching the Internet for a long time, but there is nothing.

The situation is that my family have a house on Sao Miguel and we want to spend Holidays there. But we also want to make some money, to pay for flights and also, because we are studying on high schools and we need money. In fact, my uncle has a house there, but he is in USA and he wasn't there for a long long time...

I don't know the situation on Azores. Is there any job for two young people? :) In our country is not much jobs... So, please, if someone knows some information or has experience, write to me...

Thank you very much!
    Peter

2. sweetdreamz

sweetdreamz Members

Hello there.
    I'm not sure if you'll read this msg, because your post is from January, but anyway, I'm not from Azores but I'm portuguese and if you don't have money to start your own business I don't really see a good future for you, trying to find a job. Azores is a "poor" place. I mean, nice people, traditions, history, food, landscapes, blablabla... yea. But the jobs there are based in turism and farming and I don't really think that they need to hire people from outside..

You need to understand that places like Algarve, Madeira, Azores are quite different for residents and turists, plus the fact that portuguese economy is in a bad moment, and it's really hard to us to get proper jobs (not slave jobs), so for foreign people it will be harder.

Any other questions, just ask

Cheers