Awwwwwww!

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by Vanilla Gorilla, Sep 7, 2017.

1. morrow

morrow Visitor

Agree, there is enough strife in the country, it's nice to see that little boy, after all, he won't yet know he is different, innocence is bliss!

2. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Future King of Scotland too

1 person likes this.
  3. wasn`t that Idi Amin

4. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

The neighbor's yard always looks greener

I pity the kid too. Being royal looks better than it is. But they should get less money nevertheless. They get too much, plain simple! I don't need to hate anyone to come to that conclusion :p

Such a union/intensified coalition makes sense, but because they have similar interests, not because they are one particular kind of people who should stick together or something. But assuming joining is voluntarily :)D): I'm just wondering about the baltic states (Latvia, Estonia and Lithuania). They might prefer staying in the EU (I would prefer it as well btw)

1 person likes this.
  5. Joshua Tree

Joshua Tree Remain In Light

So you'd rather be a subject than a citizen? Call me old-fashioned, but I'd rather live in a full democracy than under some anachronistic enforced blood-line who believe they're above the rest of us just for having been born into privilege.

2 people like this.
  6. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

By the time the 'little one' leaves school, - a whole lotta change woulda taken place, and perhaps nearer to ruling than one would think(!?!)

7. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

That picture shows a weird power dynamic to me. But the whole monarchy thing is weird to me anyway. Those people used to think they were above whipping their own ass and they got one of you peasants to feel honored to do that for them. It was a better job then working in the kitchen for example because you were so close to the king. How many peasants see his ass? Only you.

Do you honestly believe that teacher will be able to be the adult and discipline that boy? She can if the queen allows her to. Like say he beats up another kid, I bet she's a little nervous to do what she normally would. If the royal family is like many parents now and does not want to believe their kid makes mistakes that women will shut up or be replaced.

8. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I think Prince William and Harry seem like two pretty down to earth fellas, the rest of that family is a little iffy but William and Harry and Princess Diana have always came across like decent people to me. I get the sense that they dont really feel entitled to the enormous privilege they were born into, that they have a sense of responsibility about it.

But I'm just a lowly commoner runinating on the lifestyles of the rich and famous so I could be wrong

Prince Harry is hot though

9. autophobe2e

autophobe2e Senior Member

Truesay, but it isn't always that cut and dried. for example, to a lot of Americans the idea of having a monarchy is insane, but they never take into account the fact that we reformed our monarchy to the point that it wields no executive powers, whereas they have a head of state with more or less the same powers as an 18th century English king.

10. WOLF ANGEL

I'm a believer of and in equality - the truth however is that some kind of leadership is required for order, direction and development.
    Historically, Royal leaders were 'good in battle' and through force and uncompromising values ruled by Power.
    As the wheel turned, the common man was able to change this by the introduction of democracy an championed the cause of freedom by electoral process, which seemed a much fairer way to be governed.
    The problem being;- certainly these days that elections are won by Image, Marketing and personalities - and not delivery of good service provision- for that is often only measured after the event
    Sadly there are many which ride in on the crest of a wave with promises, only to be found - in the short time as wanting, and in a number of cases financially dubious recorders - which when they have taken their (and our) share - slip quietly, but much more well off into the shadows
    The UK Monarchy acts if nothing else as a bastion of stability - who are always (24/7) in the limelight for scrutiny, criticism and public eye.
    In regard to power, they are only figureheads - and indeed citizens of the state - what price such perpetual intrusion = just a thought

11. WOLF ANGEL

And better to fight under a banner of those who are there for to see than the faceless, corrupting politicians that be

12. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

thread title sucks wallaby balls

Cliff Unicorn likes this.
  13. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

I can't believe that kid is already school-aged. I feel like everyone was obsessing over Kate's wedding dress just yesterday.

14. WOLF ANGEL

For some of us, Yesterday are really decades away

15. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

As in minature kangaroos or the Australian Rugby Team?

16. WOLF ANGEL

I thought this was a statement and couldn't think who would use 'Thread title' as a user name ;)

17. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

Thread reminds me of going away to boarding school...