Awaiting on You All

Discussion in 'Philosophy and Religion' started by SvgGrdnBeauty, Jun 2, 2004.

1. SvgGrdnBeauty

SvgGrdnBeauty only connect

I really think this song belongs here...it was the first time I ever really listened to it...its really great...

"Awaiting on You All"- George Harrison

You don't need no love in
    You don't need no bed pan
    You don't need a horoscope or a microscope
    The see the mess that you're in
    If you open up your heart
    You will know what I mean
    We've been polluted so long
    Now here's a way for you to get clean

By chanting the names of the lord and you'll be free
    The lord is awaiting on you all to awaken and see
    Chanting the names of the lord and you'll be free

You don't need no passport
    And you don't need no visas
    You don't need to designate or to emigrate
    Before you can see Jesus
    You'll see he's right there
    Always was and will be
    He'll relieve you of your cares

Chanting the names of the lord and you'll be free

You don't need no church house
    And you don't need no Temple
    You don't need no rosary beads or them books to read
    To see that you have fallen
    You will know what I mean
    We've been kept down so long
    Someone's thinking that we're all green

And while the Pope owns 51% of General Motors
    And the stock exchange is the only thing he's qualified to quote us

2. YogaLady

YogaLady Member

Excellent post! Thank you.

YL

3. gdkumar

gdkumar Member

Simply superb! Excellent and awakening post !

Thank you dear SvgGrdnBeauty.

With love........Kumar.

4. SvgGrdnBeauty

I'm glad you liked it! Btw...welcome back Kumar...I indeed missed you! :)

5. gdkumar

gdkumar Member

Dear SvgGrdnBeauty,

Thanks for your kind post. I missed you, all of you,too.

I had a pleasant and serene stay at Ravangla(Sikkim,NE India). Once again I had the opportunity to stand out in the open surrounded by beautiful lush green vast nature. Surrounded by the mountains, astounding simplicity and honesty of the local people, beautiful streams,brooks and water falls and the beautiful monasteries.

There was fear, also, of leeches,poisonous snakes,insects and animals. There was poverty too. Nature accepts and holds everything good,bad and ugly together nonchalantly. With everything it is sublime.

I go to nature
    to be soothed
    and healed,
    and to have
    my senses put
    in tune once more.
    ..............By John Burroughs.

So very truly said. We should take the lesson from nature. We should also accept good and bad,happiness and sorrows equally and nonchalantly. Everything is His creation. We may not be able to hug all but let us not disregard or hate anything.

With lots of love............Kumar.

6. Chodpa

Chodpa Senior Member

I talked to GH once about Maharishi and his being a Hare Krishna and it was pretty cool. He had a huge, long strand of notched sandalwood beads which had been worn smooth from all the years of use. He was truely a great spiritual aspirant and inspirer of us all. Bless his soul.

7. MushroomDreams

MushroomDreams Senior Member

I was a huge fan of his. I consider him to be my earliest influence on the path. The song Within You Without You changed my life.

Thank you for that loveley post. Could you please share some more details with us. I'd love to hear.

Namaste

8. SvgGrdnBeauty

It definetly sounds like quite an experience...I was actually thinking of studying in India for a semester in college (I'm going to major in Archaeology)...I definetely agree with you . Nature is beautiful...you just have to careful

9. gdkumar

gdkumar Member

Dear SvgGrdnBeauty,

Thanks for your beautiful post.

Yes nature is beautiful, nature is Gurus' Guru. At any time if you have any problem, look up at nature and you will get your solution. Please believe me.

It is so nice to know that you have a mind to come to India. Please do come and whenever possible please be my dear guest. I shall look forward to having you with us.

Just another point. I think it will be very nice,relevant and fitting if you make a copy of "Awaiting on you all"-By G.H. and put in the Hare Krishna thread. Let nobody miss this wonderful piece.

With love........Kumar.

10. maryjaneguitargurl

maryjaneguitargurl I am just like you.

good song

peace
    chickens

11. SvgGrdnBeauty

I would be honoured...but it won't be for about 3 years...I believe...I have to finish 2 years of college before I can go abroad and I am just going to my last year in High School...but my German teacher (who is a brilliant man) may be able to teach me a little Hindi so I can start considering it... and I indeed will post the song in the Hare Krishna thread. It is indeed a fine idea esp. since we are talking of Prabhupada and George over there...

12. Chodpa

Chodpa Senior Member

After I graduated Maharishi International University in 1987 I went home to LA and did extra work in the movies. On the set of "Checking Out," a movie produced by GH starring Jeff Daniels as a guy trying to commit suicide, GH was playing a cameo as a janitor. I recognized him, though many didn't, and during a break in shooting I decided that I had a good opener for conversation considering we had both studied Transcendental Meditation. GH said Maharishi was always very good to him, and when I pointed out how worn his long neck mala looked he said something about that's how much he had practiced the Hare Krishna mantra throughout all the years, but when asked, he said that he had no real affiliation with ISKCON. I'm sorry but that's all I have on the subject. I suppose the janitor cameo, in lieu of the fact that he was the film's producer showed his humility and could be said was supportive of his beliefs of jivan mukti. Yonder beggar may be a king sort of thing.

13. gdkumar

gdkumar Member

"After I graduated Maharishi International University in 1987 I went home to LA and did extra work in the movies. On the set of "Checking Out," a movie produced by GH starring Jeff Daniels as a guy trying to commit suicide, GH was playing a cameo as a janitor. I recognized him, though many didn't, and during a break in shooting I decided that I had a good opener for conversation considering we had both studied Transcendental Meditation. GH said Maharishi was always very good to him, and when I pointed out how worn his long neck mala looked he said something about that's how much he had practiced the Hare Krishna mantra throughout all the years, but when asked, he said that he had no real affiliation with ISKCON. I'm sorry but that's all I have on the subject. I suppose the janitor cameo, in lieu of the fact that he was the film's producer showed his humility and could be said was supportive of his beliefs of jivan mukti. Yonder beggar may be a king sort of thing.
    .........Chodpa."

Dear Chodpa,

Thank you for the beautiful post.
    God and devotee, both are same like tree and its fruit. You are very fortunate to have met and talked to a true devotee like G.H.
    Your post clearly shows how great he was and his humility supports that.

With love........Kumar.

14. MushroomDreams

Chodpa, thank you for sharing that wonderful story. He had a great influence on my life.

15. Chodpa

Chodpa Senior Member

I noticed your sig Mushroomdreams, and I want to recommend another novel called, "Summer of Love" by Lisa Mason. It's a fucking awesome sci-fi book about a love affair between a hippie and a future messenger in the 60s. Just great! One of my faves ever. Please check it out. The Llibrary should have it.

16. MushroomDreams

Thank you for the recommendation. I'll look for it.

I hope that you will buy a copy of Messenger from the Summer of Love. I have a personal interest in this book (I wrote it).

Namaste

17. YogaLady

YogaLady Member

Terrific story. Thanking you. I'm going to copy it and keep it.

I have no affiliation with iskcon either, not the way it is now. I think, tho just my opinion, but thats what George probably meant. When Prabhupada was present, George wanted to be with him, hear from him, etc. These guys in charge these days, nah. His dedication was to Prabhupada and the 'movement' he started in the 60s.