Avoidant Personality Disorder-beginning to see the light

Discussion in 'Mental Health' started by Freedom_Man, Apr 2, 2007.

1. Freedom_Man

Freedom_Man Senior Member

I just took a personaliy disorder quiz, and it says ver high on the thing at the end. I have all the symptoms of it, anyone suffer from this, and if so how did you get through it?

2. spooner

spooner is done.

Personality disorders are incredibly difficult to treat.

But I wouldn't really worry just yet. They're hugely overdiagnosed, even among trained psychologists, much less internet quizzes.

3. 420fuchs

420fuchs speaks the truth.

I agree^

Freedom_Man: If you're that concerned why not go see a therapist?

4. Alaskan

Alaskan Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Not another personality disorder...and you learned this from a quiz you took.
    I looked over the the qualifications for a diagnosis.. .. Could it be your shy and a with a touch of being self-conscience. But , A.P.D. is easier to say.
    Dont say it in my neck of the woods, people here would think you are with the "Anchorage Police Department"....

5. Freedom_Man

i dont know did it hit the nail right on the head, its probably i just need to loosen up a bit. but i do have some problems.

6. hippie_chick666

hippie_chick666 Senior Member

What sort of problems?

Peace and love

7. Alaskan

Alaskan Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Freedom man : I don't know what your life situation is, your age, etc...
    As with most young people you are constantly meeting new life situations, decisions,
    relationships you have never dealt with before.
    I'm a old fart now, but still remember when I left home at age 17. I should have gone bare footed because I stuck my foot in my mouth on a daily basis. Still do, but I'm old enough to tell somebody to go Fuck Off, and get away with it.
    If everyone could walk out of high school and have all the answers to everything you were going to run into for the rest of your life, wouldn't that be great ? Or would it ?
    Life is a new challenge everyday when you open your eyes in the morning, if you were prepared for every day and had the answers for every situation that happened, would be pretty dull ,wouldn't it ?
    You said, "But I do have some problems". Well guy, we all do. People who tell you different, feel they don't know you well enough to unload on you.
    Chin up bucko, things change every day....PM if you want.........Dennis

8. Freedom_Man

thanks for the wisdom, its nothing to serious just you know the usual, girls,stress,shyness,questioning beliefs.

i do get kinda weird sometimes though, like go off on rants pissing people off without knowing it, a little arrogant sometimes. i kinda am taken the time to sit back and focus on my neg. and find the positive.

thanks for the answers guys.