Australia – the movie.

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Bilby, Oct 12, 2013.

1. Bilby

Bilby Lifetime Supporter and Freerangertarian Super Moderator

http://www.imdb.com/find?q=ausralia&s=all
    I watched this epic the other day. About the first 60% of the movie is essentially a rehash of The Last Frontier
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091384/?ref_=fn_al_tt_2
    but with more impressive production values and spectacular photography. This 60% had the beginning middle and end with the charity ball. In the early part of the film Nicole Kidman attempts at an upper-crust English accent sounded more like a caricature of an upper-crust accent .The rest of the film it was toned down . The sub-plots that came after were essentially add ons.

2. derflapin

derflapin Member

hi Bilby, i only just discovered this "Australia" section of this vast forum, but here i am, and i just got to say that this film was probably one of, if not the worst films ever made in australia, it was filmed very pooly, the color was horribly washed out, the acting was pathetic, and sadly, like so many australian made movies, a very unimpressive film.

dont get me wrong, australia has produced a few good movies, but not many, but we are capable of making some wonderful tv series such as "puberty blues" which is an excellent example of world class television production.

will try and prticipate more in this Australian section now that i found it, i just hate some of the crap that many of the american members (and a few of the australian member) post in here, and some of the attitudes of the americans.

cheers

3. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Would You Care To Elaborate On This Comment...:confused:

Cheers Glen.

4. derflapin

derflapin Member

nope, only to say i have seen a lot of trash written in this forum by certain members who are from the good old USA (note, my comment refers to comments and attitudes that i have seen posted by some american members in other sub forums within this forum, not here in the Australian sub forum)

there may well be members from other countries who post trashy and rediculous comments as well, i just notice it a lot more with american members.

I will however retract the part about "some australians" because that was a bit of an over reaction on my part, and i just had a read of a couple of comments i had read lately by one poster, and the member was "austrian" not australian.

EDIT: now back on topic :)

5. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

And Which Australian Members Are You Referring To...:confused:

Cheers Glen.

6. derflapin

derflapin Member

Glen, you havent got a guilty conscience by any chance have you :)

see my edited post above, what i thought were 2 australian members were Austrian, my bad :(

Also, how come they put other countries into a Travel sub-forum, why not making it a general sub-forum that we can discuss anything, cos i prefer to hang out with fellow aussies.

then again there is probably are not that many of us in the Hip Forum anyway to warrant having our own little social group.

7. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

An Aussie doesn't like American Attitude? Please, I'm shocked. =O