Austin Texas

Discussion in 'Texas' started by JudeLawless, May 27, 2019.

1. JudeLawless

JudeLawless Members

Just curious... anyone on here live in Austin ? Or nearby?

~Zen~ likes this.
  2. legalize_the_plant003

legalize_the_plant003 Members

I live outside of Austin.

3. 6Sailor9

6Sailor9 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Have family in Bastrop!

4. Intrepid37

Intrepid37 Banned

Any particular reason you're curious? Are you looking to converse about Austin?

5. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

No, I live in Portland Oregon. We say, "Keep Portland Weird!" while you say, "Keep Austin Weird!". We need to have a weird-off contest, Portland vs. Austin!

And Intrepid37, why do you need to interrogate everyone?

6. legalize_the_plant003

legalize_the_plant003 Members

Portland is better. I would not bother coming here. For the weather, I would rather be in Hawaii than here.

7. SouthPaw

SouthPaw Members

My son just moved to Portland (we’re near San Antonio, so pretty close to Austin). I drove with him on the move. It really bothered him seeing people shooting up in public, and going shopping is a real hassle because Walmart and Target have armed guards and so much merchandise, like socks and laundry detergent, is locked up in cases. Overall Portland is pretty cool and Oregon is beautiful, but they took “defund the police” a little too far. Austin has its problems, too, but at least we can go shopping without having to chase down employees to buy a pair of socks.

Weed is legal in Oregon, so there’s that, but I prefer Austin. It has a better music scene.

(I’m unbiased in this, I’m not a native Texan. I raised my kids in MA, NH, CA, and TX (including a short stint in Medford, OR). We get bored and move a lot. TX has been my least favorite state, so I understand why he headed back to Oregon, but Portland is a mess.

~Zen~ likes this.