Attractions in TN and surrounding areas....

Discussion in 'Events and Festivals' started by BmoreBroad, May 19, 2004.

1. BmoreBroad

BmoreBroad Member

me and 3 friends are leaving for bonaroo a day early and want to stop somewhere for the nite. we're looking for anything intersting from amusement parks to lakes/rivers...anything to see/do!
    any ideas?!

2. jackerouac

jackerouac Member

i know there is a state park....olde stone state park ..........i myself was thinkin about chekin this spot out it looks very pretty.....waterfalls seem like the main attraction........you can camp on site......i wonder how populated it gets wit bonnaroo heads
    [​IMG]
    http://www.state.tn.us/environment/parks/parks/OldStoneFort/

3. jackerouac

jackerouac Member

o and the Jack Daniels Distillery

4. plainjanepatchwork

plainjanepatchwork Member

I went to Fall Creek Falls after bonnaroo the first year. It is beautiful and it was nice to get out and hike in nature after being around all those people! There is a beautiful big waterfall and swinging bridges. I hope we can get back there this year.

5. HappyHaHaGirl

HappyHaHaGirl *HipForums Princess*

Rock Island is so beautiful! We went in October and it has become my favorite place to be in TN!! You have to go. I think it's like 20 or 30 minutes out of Manchester.

6. WayfaringStranger

WayfaringStranger Corporate Slave #34

well lets see is there anything in tennesee? hmmmmmm well theres a couple hills they call somethin like the great smoke mountains? im not sure if thats the right name though. and well there is a lil town they call nasheville. now it might be hard to find it on the map, but i hear that a couple of musicians were from there, and everyonce in a while some one is playing live there. and around the turn of last century there was a fella who made him some money makin guitars . . . now what was his name. . . gisson, gibben . . . ah gibson.

but seriously between the great smokies and the grande ol opry, what is it yer lookin for?

7. HappyHaHaGirl

Yeah...you could come visit me!!! :D

8. WayfaringStranger

WayfaringStranger Corporate Slave #34

hey thats what im doin:mad:

9. HappyHaHaGirl

We could have a party for all the travellers! Yaaaaay! I have a nice yard we could play in. :)

10. AreYouExperienced

AreYouExperienced American Victim

I have to say that Fall Creek Falls is the shit, the waterfalls are beautiful. I can't really think of anything else..

11. Personface

Personface Tennessee Jed

Come to Clarksville and visit me.

12. BmoreBroad

BmoreBroad Member

thanks, everyone

wayfaring- no need to get a 'tude, man. as i was not born yesterday, i know all about nashville and the mtns, but was lookin for some lesser known gems.