Attention Whore

Discussion in 'Hippies' started by Cate8, Apr 5, 2007.

1. Cate8

Cate8 Senior Member

I think I am a big attention whore. And I think thats really lame. And it causes complications in things for me which Id rather not be complicated. For instance I believe it shows very much when I am drunk with friends. I have been called needy in the last few days, but its surface only need I think. Because when anyone tries to open a relationship with me (romantic wise) I completely back off and get awkward and weird. So I dont really know what to do about that, its really lame. Im just puttin it out into the universe. Maybe ill find an answer for personal growth.

2. Cate8

Cate8 Senior Member

hahaha. Fair enough :)

3. dollydagger

dollydagger Needle to the Groove

if you feel that way, maybe now is the time to be more conscious? I dunno...but I feel that same way too sometimes. I try to just keep tabs on my actions and what I say and how I say it.........

.....but Im a bit distracted right now.....

....is that a.....<gasp> Lincoln Continental in the background of your sig pic???? That is (and has always been) my dream car <drool>

4. wastingthedawn

wastingthedawn *~Pure Light~*

well then, I've never met an attention whore who better deserved the attention.

And like it's not like you are sitting in rooms of people who are all talking about global issues while you are like "PAY ATTENTION TO ME DAMNIT! HEY! I'M OVER HERE!!! IF YOU PAY ATTENTION TO ME I'LL SHOW YOU MY BREASTS! PA-LEASE!"

You know what I mean honey? You are lovley. And I'm alot like that with relationships also latley.

Cate=good&one of my fav people on earth.

5. crazylegs

crazylegs Member

Some people just like to be the center of attention. Don't think of it as a disability but develop some talent or ability that you feel is worthy of and deserves attention and then you will feel good about yourself. As for drinking booze and getting nutty, this happens to many people because booze often brings out the worst as far as personality is concerned. Everybody has their dark side. Booze will often bring that out. If this happens to you a lot then just quit drinking and hanging out with people who drink. It may be the wrong scene for you and you may even have a problem with it in which case there is no magic remedy to make yourself a better person when you drink. Just let it go, ditch it, whatever. Make something positive be the focus of your life and you won't need it anymore.