attention all weed addicts!!!

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by dave255, Oct 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dave255

dave255 Banned

you are retarded. everything has the potential for psychological addiction, you can become addicted to cabbage, shopping, chocolate, stealing; weed just has a higher potential for pyschological addiction because it activates reward pathways in the brain (a FACT i have backed up earlier in the topic).

try actually researching an issue before saying dumb shit, i know what i'm talking about, you're just saying your shitty, uneducated opinion.

2. Donnyw

Donnyw Member

Dude, I don't know if I would go quite that far. it would be nice if it did. But it actually has little to no effect on a persons life, they just get high from it much like the guy who has a couple of beers after work, the only difference being the beer has a much higher risk of addiction, as far as the reason for it being illegal, it was made illegal in the same era as booze, basically the religious prudes/nuts were running the country, booze made a comeback because people needed to get drunk (addiction) not so many needed to get high (non-addictive) and because you have represented yourself well, I will concede on the addiction concept as you apply it (broadly) and I shall agree to disagree. Peace

3. Donnyw

Donnyw Member

My Mommy says people arn't spose to call me dat!!!:toetap05: Yes, that cabbage addiction you speak of is a mother....... It ruins so many lifes, I think you should start a thread about it. But the fact of the matter remains, you sir are just trying to push your agenda, and if this site were made up entirely of adults I would not even post a reply because they would already know the score. The problem here is that you are misleading the youth that read this. I would hate to see the next generation as closed minded as you. All of my post on this have just been basic common sense, and you feel the need to attack me.... Hmmmm
    That suggests to me that you have no valid argument and need to resort to name calling. Shame on you,, you little weed nazi you....:D Peace

4. drew5147

drew5147 Dingledodie

Exactly.

I vote that we let this thread die.

*raises hand*

5. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Dude, on most persons life! It all depends on how a person reacts on the weed (by the way, it contains over 6 times more thc than a couple of decades ago due to intense inside growing) and how much he smokes after work. It's not only about the time you're high, but also about the next day.
    It generally has little effect on a persons life, but I know it does have a bigger impact on a small amount of people. Well, I don't really care anymore if people doesn't believe this. I feel like I try to give weed a bad name which isn't my purpose at all. Heavy smoking will leave traces on you and if you have bad luck it effects your life negatively. I suppose some of the ignorant heavy tokers will find out eventually. Most of them will be lucky though and so spread the ignorance.

6. Asmodean

Yeah, raises hand too. It won't serve it's purpose unfortunately.

7. TARABELLE

TARABELLE on the road less traveled

I'm excellent at math, it's a standard requirement of my job.

But that's besides the point............*raises* hand

8. Burnt

Burnt Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I shall raise my hand too. This is a interesting topic but it has drawn out way to much.

9. Asmodean

That was really besides the point indeed :D

10. TARABELLE

TARABELLE on the road less traveled

I was only replying to this is all. It seemed sarcastic, so I pointed out that I am good at math.

And talking of off topic, can I say here how much I like your sig pic?

11. dave255

dave255 Banned

DonnyW : "I too would like to alert the people.

I am going to do as "dave255" does, I will state my opinion as a matter of fact. Therefore I state as follows:

WEED IS NOT ADDICTIVE"

the above quoted section is a complete lie, that's not common sense, did you even read my post? seeing as you ignore what i'm saying and dismiss it as "opinion", i'll link you to something that shows what i'm saying is correct.

common usage of the term addiction has spread to include psychological dependence. In this context, the term is used in drug addiction and substance abuse problems, but also refers to behaviors that are not generally recognized by the medical community as problems of addiction, such as compulsive overeating.

look at this : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:..._(mean_physical_harm_and_mean_dependence).svg

marijuana has a higher potential for dependency than ecstacy, LSD; it is psychologically addictive.

"I would hate to see the next generation as closed minded as you."

i wish people would research stuff before typing it, you respond to this topic without reading it fully, you try and tell me the facts i'm quoting are my opinions without actually looking them up (clue: they aren't opinions).

then you decide that i'm close-minded?

12. dave255

dave255 Banned

and i'll re-quote this to avoid people saying the same old shit again.

13. Donnyw

Donnyw Member

It is really not a point just because you can find supporting websites, I am sure I can find a web site that says Elvis is still alive, that doesn't make it so. I put a few links that repute your claim. And I also believe the latest trend of teens to claim addiction is more a matter of them being unable to take personal responsibility for their actions: ie: It's not my fault, it's because I am a weed addict. My personal response to that is Bull Shit. Now if you want to be a weed nazi that is all well and good, I really don't care. But you really don't need to bash me. Because you too are guilty of not reading the entire thread or you would see the common sense of my posts. And I still say " Bad weed Nazi, shame, shame, shame. Peace

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Is_marijuana_addictive
    http://www.marijuanalibrary.org/Exposing_09_1095.html
    http://www.marijuanalibrary.org/Exposing_index_1095.html
    And this is just an interesting aside it how weed smoking could actually be good for you. I really don't quite see it.
    http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/87880.php

14. Asmodean

Yes you can! :)

By the way, I wasn't tellin you it was really besides the point because it's offtopic, but many people seriously reacted in this thread by saying to the OP 'what are you talking about, I'm better at math and do social and outdoors stuff all the time' etc.. That's great of course, but that is also the entire problem with this thread. It's not about pointing out you can handle weed perfectly, on this forum many people know that that is possible. It was ment for the persons who couldn't handle their weed (ab)use. And yes, I've seen those people myself and also heard of lots of people on this forum that experienced or saw it. And no, it does not only depend on the drug and neither only on the person.

Well, this is my final post in here! :p

15. dave255

dave255 Banned

those links don't really refute my claim that it is a psychologically addictive drug. i don't know why you think i'm a "weed nazi", i smoke every day and wish it was legal.

http://www.cesar.umd.edu/cesar/drugs/marijuana.asp

again, it is not physically addictive, you don't become physically dependent on the drug to function, it is a purely psychological addiction.

i'm not arguing my viewpoint, i'm stating a fact.

also, i find it really offensive that you called me a "bad nazi", part of my family is austrian jewish and my grandma lost almost all her family in the holocaust. don't just toss around words like that.

16. drew5147

drew5147 Dingledodie

But you are arguing your viewpoint.

17. dave255

dave255 Banned

i meant that when i say "weed is psychologically addictive" i am not arguing my opinion, i am making a statement of fact. it is a fact that weed is psychologically addictive, it's not my personal belief, it's a proven fact.

18. drew5147

drew5147 Dingledodie

But it is your own personal belief... because you believe it...

And you are arguing about it.

19. dave255

dave255 Banned

whatever man, you're right.

i just want to show this guy that weed is psychologically addictive, i don't want to derail the topic further into another pointless discussion with you.

20. Donnyw

Donnyw Member

Well, dave225, I've done more research as per your request, and have come to the conclusion that much better minds than you or I posses are still in disagreement over this issue, however, I have noticed one thing that has remained almost universal, that psychological addiction is a mental condition that the person attached to whatever item they are claiming addiction to. So, the weed, chocolate, gambling etc. etc addiction is more of a matter of the patients fixation. So, I still claim that weed is non-addictive and that weed did not exist theese persons would claim addiction to something else.

And if your going to quote me please do it correctly, I did not call you a "bad nazi" I called you a "bad weed nazi" I am sure that deep down you are actually a wonderful weed nazi.

There are people in my family and pretty much all families that have someone who has a mental disability. So you calling me retarded. Not very PC, and likewise offensive.

Quote from DOE : As many as 3 out of every 100 people in the country have an intellectual disability (The Arc, 2001). Nearly 614,000 children ages 3 to 21 have some level of intellectual disability and need special education in school.

So, I quess that about raps it up. For all of those who read this please know that you are not addicted to weed you are fixated on it, try to bring other things into your life that bring you pleasure and your perceived addiction will subside, and if you find yourself continuing to feel addicted to non-addictive substances you should seek help from mental health professionals. Peace all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.