Attack on Boston Marathon

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by sunfighter, Apr 15, 2013.

1. deleted

deleted Visitor

economy driven madness. nuff said..

2. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

None of us said anything that bad, really.

3. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

look, I'm from boston too. I understand why you are emotional about this right now. there's probably some other places on the web where you could talk to people who would be more sympathetic.

I think I can understand your reaction, sunfighter.

I think I can also appreciate orison's too.

A lot of attacks happen around the world. It's always a terrible thing when innocent people get hurt. Generally, the more we are personally connected we to such things, naturally the stronger our reactions.

Orison does have a point though. People die by the hundreds of thousands around the world, sometimes with us policy being at least a partial cause, and people in the us don't have much of a reaction for the most part.

maybe you could put a thread in the forum for massachusetts and ask people who are not sympathetic to stay off. it sounds like you could use a place to talk about this just with people who share the same perspective. talking about events like this is very important for people who have been through traumatic experiences

I'm glad that you and your daughter are safe. I hope for the best for the survivors of the attack.

4. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUDcVTjSHVI&list=FLDtzY1jL_ixgYO2u4jaWHcA"]Manu Chao - Rainin' in paradise - YouTube

5. Manservant Hecubus

Manservant Hecubus Master of Funk and Evil

It may be a problem, but it is a reality. When you watch the bloody chaos around you, it is supposed to be fucking emotional 'in the moment'. It's called being human.

We, behind our screens are not in that moment, and thus able to think of it intellectually without worrying if our friends were at the site or down the road or whatever...

You give the emotion time to calm down. You give time to gather actual information instead of random guessing based on hunches or paranoia (from any side) Then we all look at it soberly.

Douching on someone who is emotional in the moment with broad rationalities really doesn't help anybody. It just pisses people off. Truth or not, you poked the emotional bear with cold detatchedness and she snarled back.

Now if all this emotion was coming out, say two days down the road - then valid call on hype. But let people have a single day to get through initial reactions.

6. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

YES!!!!

Funny how this all coincides with the big drop in gold we saw today.

7. sunfighter

sunfighter Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Thank you for your kind words and for bringing a little balance and sanity.

8. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

Moral of the story: running is bad for your health.

9. sunfighter

sunfighter Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

not funny

10. ☉rtus ♉

☉rtus ♉ Waffle

:confused:

This obviously took a lot of planning, much time had to go into this... This wasn't a spontaneous act, nobody saw their gold stocks drop then decided to buy a bunch of explosives and fuck shit up lol

11. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

Sorry, next time I will only joke when it happens outside the US and A.

12. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

13. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

a drop in gold is usually a sign of economic growth. it means that investors are taking money out safe-haven type of investments and moving them into growth oriented ones.

14. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

Irrelevant post because of thread merging.

15. DrewSpeaksTrue

DrewSpeaksTrue Member

I cant believe boston is just over an hour away from here. yikes.

16. IamnotaMan

IamnotaMan I am Thor. On sabba-tickle. Still available via us

Its pretty terrible that 2 (we assume innocent) people died.

However, a couple of HUNDRED THOUSAND people ATLEAST died in Iraq and Afghanistan due to the American instigated genocide. Many more will die from cancer due to American depleted uranium shells.

So 300,000 (a massive understatement) divided by 2 American lives, that equals 150, 000.

So assuming one American life and one innocent Middle Eastern life are the same loss (cue "sandnigger" comments from some deranged Republicans), that means whats happened in the Middle East is 150, 000 times as bad as whats happened in Boston tonight.

Unfortunately, some people will dispute that.
    Maybe they cant divide a few hundred thousand by 2.
    Maybe they're plain stupid.
    Maybe they think American state backed terrorism is acceptable in comparison to individuals committing it.

Either way, its all indicative of a pretty fucked up propaganda media. And some pretty fucked up believers in it.

PS u've gotta wonder who was behind this anyway. I mean the Bush club aren't exactly known for honesty are they? ANd Obama is just the current "good cop" in the pantomime...

17. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Whenever I read about tragedy anywhere in the world, I react emotionally. I was looking at pictures of Syria the other day and it depressed the hell out of me for the rest of the day..

I mainly avoid and ignore the news nowadays because of this. Too much sadness and hate in the world.

I really don't think this should be downplayed or poked fun of just because it happened in a spoiled, prosperous, peaceful (at least on our shores) country.

Tragedy is tragey is tragedy.

18. IamnotaMan

IamnotaMan I am Thor. On sabba-tickle. Still available via us

I dont think anyone here is poking fun at the two people who died.
    But the 2 deaths are certainly being overplayed in relation to the hundreds of thousands of deaths caused by an extremely substantial number of US voters
    And thats one of the big tragedies in the whole thing.

19. deleted

deleted Visitor

If such devices were in place for some time. What happened to the sniffer dogs prior to the filling the grand stands ?? .. Did Sniffer dogs even sweep the area prior to the race?

20. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I merged the 3 threads we had on this. Hopefully, there won't be anymore straggling threads on this topic. If so, another moderator please merge them. I'm going to be away a short time.