Attack on Boston Marathon

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by sunfighter, Apr 15, 2013.

1. TopNotchStoner

TopNotchStoner Georgia Homegrown

Indeed. In some countries, hundreds of people are slaughtered everyday in terrorist attacks, ethnic cleansing, etc., and nobody blinks an eye. As soon as a few people get blown up in a US city though, everyone starts paying attention.

2. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

Because saying ''fuck you'' as a response to a perfectly okay and valid post is lame and shameful.

3. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Sunfighter is a typical liberal... intolerant of everyone's viewpoint but his own.

4. sunfighter

sunfighter Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Well, excuse me for being deeply offended by those who want to make light of an attack on my city.

5. Pressed_Rat

It's not "your city." You just live there.

I get sick of this "it's my country," or "it's my city" bullshit.

Please.

6. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

I am sorry people got killed, but to me it's no different whether it's in Boston, Fallujah or Pristina or Aleppo.

7. sunfighter

Fuck you, too.

8. Pressed_Rat

Right. Human life is human life. Tragedies are tragedies. Far more people are killed every single day in automobile accidents, which is why stuff like this does not faze me.

9. My names Cory

My names Cory Senior Member

Prayers/good vibes to all the people in Boston

got ahold of some of my friends who live up there .. They are safe, but they said it's very chaotic right now

10. broony

broony Banned

11. Pressed_Rat

Why wouldn't they be safe? I mean, what are the chances they, of all the people in Boston, are some of the few dozen people directly affected by this? The chances would be pretty slim, don't you think?

12. sunfighter

God damn it, Rat, you really are a worthless piece of shit, aren't you?

13. GBBlondie

GBBlondie Banned

14. Manservant Hecubus

Manservant Hecubus Master of Funk and Evil

C'mon guys, don't be too douchey.
    Everyone in their nice comfy homes is intellectualizing things and Sunfighter, being closer to the event, is in the emotional radius of the event.
    If you can't understand why she might react with a fuck you, then maybe you might need a does of compassion to go along with your blase attitude.

15. Pressed_Rat

It still amounts to more than what you are.

16. Pressed_Rat

17. ☉rtus ♉

☉rtus ♉ Waffle

I agree this is no more tragic than the shit that goes down in the middle east and whatnot, I just think a lot more people can relate to this specific incident because it's somewhere they live, or been, or they see on TV.. or maybe it's the home of their favorite sports team... etc... they have connections with the city in some way, which makes this event a lot more tragic for them...

I agree though that we shouldn't turn this into a huge deal as it happens everywhere on a daily basis, I just wish we were a little more exposed to the things that go on in other countries that way people won't be as ignorant. Then again, all that depressing news may not be good..

Pretty sure the government was involved though, think about it... way to much fucked up shit is happening lately, way to many mass shootings, way to many incidents like these... where are they coming from? Its the fucking government... trying to scare society so they can increase laws, decrease privacy, and 'protect us'... fuck.

18. Pressed_Rat

Emotions are the problem when it comes to things like this. People's emotions get in the way of their thinking.

19. Pressed_Rat

I am quoting this just so I am not the only one accused of being a "conspiracy theorist."

20. My names Cory

My names Cory Senior Member

yeah, i mean it was very unlikely they would be have been injured and such. but idk man, always the rare/odd chance they could have been around the explosions. my one friend usually heads out to watch the marathon so i was just checking to make sure he was alright and to get his perspective on things.

again, very rare odds.. but sometimes ya never know..