Astrology questions and concepts megathread

Discussion in 'Astrology' started by Enlil6, Nov 30, 2007.

1. reefa

reefa Guest

What about George W Bush?

2. Enlil6

Enlil6 Member

What do you mean?

3. wordofmouth

wordofmouth Member

So yeah, I've always been quite skeptical about Astrology, but I went to Astro.com, put in my birth, sex, location details and thought the results were extremely accurate. I still don't understand half of it, though. so I guess I'm going to have to go into more depth.

4. Funkstar

Funkstar Member

5. MichaelJE

MichaelJE Member

With your Moon in Tauraus (if that's your real birthdate) you'd be more a candidate for astronomy, than astrology. But there's also water there: Venus in Cancer, Mars in Pisces. So there's potential there for both.

Environmental, societal factors play a role as well. Your religious upbringing and parental influences. They're not to be overlooked in deciphering someone.

6. jmt

jmt Ezekiel 25:17

I sent you a PM (private message)

7. Learyiszeman

Learyiszeman Member

Can someone have a look at my chart? Is it bad or anything?
    [​IMG]

8. Enlil6

Enlil6 Member

All charts have good and bad elements. I really don't have time to do a full analysis, but someone here might. I never do them online since they take a really long time. That's why I charge for it.

9. Our3Minds

Our3Minds Member

How about looking at the Rising, Moon and Sun Signs of a person together. I have learned that by looking at the traits from these 3 areas we can get a clearer picture of the person we are relating with. The energy from the Elements is a strong indicator of the Behaviors the person will present so by looking at the Signs from these 3 areas we can get a truer look into the energy and Behaviors behind what makes a person act the way they do. This also helps us to know that we do get influenced from the traits of the Sign(s) we have within 10 degrees of the Cusp. Try it it's valid and it really shows what drives people.

10. dreamboy

dreamboy Guest

Hello . our3minds. im kinda new to astrology. i apprecaite your response.if you read my answer to my forum "cancer gemini" question, i worked out my rising sighn is aries.
    but being born in south-africa at 830am,am i correct to say,the time i was born,it was 1030pm, to find my rising sign Aries based on the table i found on a canada based website.
    so im rising sign aries,moon in taurus and sun cancer. find it interesting,yet dont know what it all means

11. dreamboy

dreamboy Guest

OK now im confused, my calculations was wrong i think. based on the astro.com website,i enterd my birth town,so it seems im leo rising sun.

12. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

You really ought to do your research before you think you are talking about astrology and its looooong history....
    Even tho your "interpretation" of these particular scriptures may indicate what you said...All astrology certainly isn't divination, but explanation and possibly an indication of trends. imo
    In fact, before Christ, (and since if they might admit it) God's chosen people, the Jews - not only studied "the heavens"; but had their charts done, and yearly returns. The men in the temple with the most money and the rabbis are reported as consistently having this chart-drawing done.

13. cinders117

cinders117 Guest

I have a question.

I have Mars and Venus in Libra in the 5th house. Venus is in the fifth house at 27 degrees 16'45". Does this mean it is less a 5th house Venus and more a 6th House venus?

I also have Saturn in Scorpio in the 6th house at 28 degrees 51'50" so I am wondering if that means Saturn behaves more like a 7th house Saturn being so close to it.

Here is an attachment of my chart and chart details!

14. Fingermouse

Fingermouse Helicase

I have questions.

Assuming that most astrologers agree that Scorpio personality traits are just as strong as Sagittarius ones if they are in the same place in the natal chart (e.g sun in sag vs sun in scorp would bring equally strong but different personality traits) I must come to the conclusion that mass or gravity play no part in how astrology works. Jupiter ("ruler" of sagittarius) is clearly a hell of a lot bigger than Pluto ("ruler" of scorpio) and a hell of a lot nearer, too...

So my question is: If mass, gravity and distance play no role in how the heavenly bodies interact with human personality, wouldn't every single star in the universe have some effect? Would that not make an infinite number of possible combinations and effects which would therefore be absolutely impossible to measure? It would be impossible to know which traits were coming from which star or planet in the whole universe, and astrology would therefore be pointless.

Of course all this is assuming there's some force we are unaware of coming from stars and planets in the first place. I also wonder if anyone has any names for or theories and suggestions about that.

I also wonder if astrology applies to other mammals on this planet. If not, why not? If so, how so? Are there cancerian pigeons out there who are more likely to peck at cake crumbs on the floor? Are there scorpion dolphins who are reserved despite being hardwired to be highly social, thereby going against instinct? What does astrology have to say about human instinct? Which star or planet does it come from?

15. The Imaginary Being

The Imaginary Being PAIN IN ASS Lifetime Supporter

i've read something like this elsewhere before, but it's just as flawed as astrology

i mean, consider these 'unknown forces' - it's been proving that there is an unexplainable force, dark energy, and still many unexplainable occurrences in the astrophysics make up. as a result of this, then, you can hardly rule out anything. astrology and its credibility does seem pretty unlikely - but even still, it's just a bit of fun.

16. Fingermouse

Fingermouse Helicase

I was raised with astrology as the truth of things. It wasn't just a bit of fun to my mother. It was a sincere and deeply held belief, just like religious ideas. I was told about what the stars said about me before I even knew who I was myself.

I tend to find that anyone who has really given astrology any thought and still believes in it really does see it as more than just lighthearted fun. There are the horoscope reading in magazines types, then there are those who spend hours looking at charts, looking for patterns, giving readings, reading books on it...The whole idea has been made so complex and deceptively technical, yet it's based on no scientifically verified evidence. I think something that people devote that much time and energy to which isn't proven deserves to have questions asked of it.

17. The Imaginary Being

sure they do, but science doesn't know where to start - astrophysics isn't enough to disbelieve the sentiment. i believe that much of the bible is nonsense, and even if i were correct - it doesn't answer the question of divinity.

basically, our understanding of logic is not enough to compute any more than a contradiction of what is believed of the supernatural.

18. The Imaginary Being

your mum sounds fun anyways.

19. bowl_of_raspberries

bowl_of_raspberries Member

Not necessarily, I got my whole chart done and it doesn't accurately reflect me at all. It was still way off.

Astrology just doesn't work for me.

20. Fingermouse

Fingermouse Helicase

Anybody?