Astral Projection

Discussion in 'Yoga and Meditation' started by Mui, May 11, 2004.

1. Mui

Mui Senior Member

Is this the wrong forum? How do I learn how to do astral projection?

2. HappyHaHaGirl

HappyHaHaGirl *HipForums Princess*

That sounds dirty....

I'm a freaking moron. Just so you know.

3. Heat

Heat Smile, it's contagious! :) Lifetime Supporter

mui :)

What is your background and what have you been doing as far as research and practical on this. How much have you prepared you for this journey you seek?

More importantly why do you wish to persue this and what do you wish to for?

4. Mui

Mui Senior Member

my friend does astral projection, he was talking to me about it... and i know it involves getting really relaxed first and everything so I thought ide put it in this forum... ive read a lil bit about it and I want to do it because I want to find out more about myself and the world around me... an I want to experience everything I can before I die :) astral projection would be one of them

5. Heat

Just read one of your other threads that you posted.

If you do not hold to another light being more than you, or that there is a power that is more than us, then, what you propose to learn is not safe and I can not help you.

6. tourmaline

tourmaline Member

ahgaa, if you ever put yourself in the astral, you must examine wiht which you enter the world, the laws of magnetism apply, and i fyou bear fear and negativity it will come to you in that experience, however, if you bring positive energy, so will you experience be....blah blah blah...jsut be careful!

7. Mui

Mui Senior Member

roit, i heard about that whole magnetism thing... an it dont really matta... i will learn on mah own...

will god strike me down? If so, I say bring it... and if he does, well than I guess he will have the last laugh on my soul, wont he?

8. Scholar_Warrior

Scholar_Warrior Be Love Now

Robert Monroe wrote several interesting books on out of body experiences. this may be useful information. but this is dangerous stuff you're looking into! be careful what ever you choose.

9. Mui

Mui Senior Member

can someone explain the danger of it?

10. WayfaringStranger

WayfaringStranger Corporate Slave #34

it is an illusion that supposed "enlightend" people use to string along the ignorant or the seekers of truth, until they can fully take advantage of them. as you can see by how vauge and confusing people are being with you about it. its kind of like the carrot tied infront of the horse, and when the horse steps tword the carrot, the carrot moves with the horse, so the horse keeps walking to catch it, until its running. then at the right time when your running so hard to catch it, you will be the one who is caught.
    sorry kids, had to give the warning, give this one a fighting chance.

11. Mui

Mui Senior Member

Yes people are very vague about it... i have two friends that have tried astral projection.. one is a buddhist and one is a muslim... here is the conversastion i had with a buddhist friend of mine about astral projection

me: w hats up
    me: you know a lot about astral projection right
    him: yo
    him: *nods* O'course.
    me: well
    me: i was talking to these people, and they were telling me that I shouldnt attempt it because I dont believe in a "god" or "higher" power
    him: *blinks*
    me: and that it would be dangerous for me
    him: Umm... bullshit?
    me: is it?
    him: *nods*
    me: a few people agreed with this one person too
    me: is there any danger in it?
    him: Look. If you want to try to astrally project, then you have to be able to protect yourself and all that good stuff.
    him: Because if you are afraid, you'll jack up.
    him: Faith in a god says "I trust that I will be protected" and thus no fear.
    him: But you don't need a god.
    him: But yes, there is always a danger, tho' it's slight.
    him: You are, in essence, leaving your body unprotected... and empty. So an astral being, or even a fellow projector, could enter your body.
    him: But it's not quite what it sounds like.
    me: hmm

and he goes on... and I trust him more than I trust you guys hehe..
    and it makes a lot of sense too... I think I will try it at some point in my life... becuase I am always willing to try everything... during my life on this earth i want to experiment with the psychedelic and the supernatural... and the spiritual... to form my own beliefs on things...

it could very well be just an illusion of the mind, and that is exactly what I think about it right now...

Thanks for all the information, i spose its best to learn about things from reading and friends, instead of forums of people you dont know too well.

12. WayfaringStranger

WayfaringStranger Corporate Slave #34

what im saying is that its a myth, and the people who perpetuate the myth are looking to fuck you in the ass, literally.

13. Mui

Mui Senior Member

well i would certainly let these 2 friends of mine fuck me in the ass anyway... i dont think they are telling me these things to use me or to fuck me over... ive heard experiences from my good good friend (comrade i call him) about what he experienced during astral projection... it might be a myth, but whats the harm in trying?

14. Mari

Mari Member

1. Nobody in here is trying to take advantage of anybody. There are people that will use anything to take advantage of anybody. TV Evangelists for one, however I don't see anybody here doing anything like that.

2. Read what Heat posted. She asked for confirmation of WHY he wanted to do this, BEFORE making a decision on whether to help or not. Read her posts.

3. It is not a myth, it is hard to explain simply because words are not enough.

4. Mui's friend and Scholar are right it is dangerous if you don't know how to protect yourself and it is NOT something to attempt on your own at first.

5. It is an inner spiritual journey, not a joke.

6. If you chose not to go down this path that is your choice, but you need to allow others to follow their path, not yours.

Mui, if you really want to attempt this I suggest you stop treating it as if it was a ride at some theme park. This is where people make mistakes and end up messed up. Research and learn first. You have to walk before you fly.

15. Heat

Mui, I did not say that you have to believe in a god or a specific god instead you must have trust in a higher power be that you label that a god, guide, light or what ever it is that you believe in. The reason for that is exactly what your friend did tell you, that you leave yourself open.

It is not a parlour room trick ....but it is also not the Hollywood version. You do not take a course and go flying the next day. ;) The reasons we wish to "learn or master" is more important sometimes than what we learn or master.

I approach from my teachings, which are that all is a gift that is given to you and with that comes a responsibility to treasure it and to use all with wisdom be it yoga or meditation, sight or any other gift that we have. That also includes being personally safe while doing anything from basics to channelling. Many who do this are at the point of what is called enlightenment, or at the very least a place of clear light in themselves..... and they tend to phrase it as channelling rather than OBE. So you become a conduit.

If you wish to pursue this, then take the time to really learn about it, not from Hollywood nor just from books but instead find someone who does this and has the experience to teach you how to do so safely.

There are many who do not believe that this is possible and that is also ok, as for them it is not. Nor can it like all other "gifts" be explained to someone who does not believe it is possible. Only with the work on you will you know if it is possible for you.

I hope that you find what it is that you seek....with safety and wisdom.

16. Mui

Mui Senior Member

yes, i never was intending to go into it with a blind eye.. my friends have taught me a lot about it, and they do it... if i were to do it, i'de have one of them looking after me while I did it.

He told me all about the dangers of it... the conversastion went on even more... all i was looking for in this thread was a little more knowledge about it.... which is what your saying i neeed.. and is what im asking for

But neither of us still believe i must have faith in something higher than me... because things are not valued in my life... i do not put things above things... why would this force be more important than me? why would it be lower... i do not hold judgement, because things are valueless and very relative...

an i never was expecting it to be some theme park ride...

like he said, if i believe something is higher than me... ill think its guiding me and will protect me, and i will go into it without fear... without a god, or a higher power... do you think i will be afraid of what will happen? if so, that's not the case.

17. Heat

YOu did not read well what has been written to you nor what he wrote to you. The caution is there from him as well.

You also do not grasp the concept of higher than you. It is not a material thing it is a spiritual or oneness even with you.

The text of your friend says it very well in lay terms.

"me: is there any danger in it?
    him: Look. If you want to try to astrally project, then you have to be able to protect yourself and all that good stuff.
    him: Because if you are afraid, you'll jack up.
    him: Faith in a god says "I trust that I will be protected" and thus no fear.
    him: But you don't need a god.
    him: But yes, there is always a danger, tho' it's slight.
    him: You are, in essence, leaving your body unprotected... and empty. So an astral being, or even a fellow projector, could enter your body.
    him: But it's not quite what it sounds like."

As I stated, I am not able to help you.

18. Mui

Mui Senior Member

1. i dont need your help
    2. i know many people who do not grasp the concept of anything spiritually or physically being higher than them, and have tried astral projection and have had no problems. There was a lot more that the guy has told me about than you have read. I have received help from other people already... I dont need any sort of spirituality.

3. I think you have misunderstood my points.

19. Crystaleyez

Crystaleyez Member

First thing first people. It is not dangerous. Your soul is indestructable. It is a lil scary, especially your first time. At first you'll prolly just hover around your house too freaked out to go outside. All you have to do to get back into your body is think about it. its all in your head. If you experience scary things in the astral plane you are in a lower plane. All you have to do is think about not being there and you won't. Its sumtimes fuzzy when you first get out. Just say clarity now and it will become clear. You have to get yourself into the space between sleep and wakefulness and then just repeat a mantra like I am now out of body. Its takes alot of concentration to do it conciously. Everybdy does it unconciously in their sleep. William is it? or Richard Bulman anyway wrote a book on soul travel you should check out its called Adventures out of the body or something, its a great book. Theres a website for it at www.out-of-body.com. Theres a forum there with people on it that have been projecting alot longer than I have that will be able to help you out. Someone else mentioned Robert Munroe. He is a pioneer. Though this is something that mystics and shamans from other cultures have been practising since forever. Edgar Cayce might be another person to study up on. To reitterate its a lil freaky cause its unknown but its not dangerous.

20. sonik

sonik Member

Gonna have to agree mostly with Wayfars first post.

Not that theres anything wrong with trying it, I just dont believe in what I think most people think astral projection is.

No offense to anyone of course. Knock yourself out.

:cool: