Assholes on the internet

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by hummblebee, Jun 29, 2006.

1. hummblebee

hummblebee hipstertist.

argh. Don't you just hate it when people who do nothing but run a website intended specifically for the purposes of shit-talking actually feel like they have the right to talk shit about you? Specifically, talking shit about your ART as if it was just the ost retarded thing on the planet? And I didn't even do anything to provoke it. Freakin ass-butts.

2. hippychickmommy

hippychickmommy Sugar and Spice

Sorry to hear that hummblebee. Some people are just so miserable with their own selves that they feel the need to pick on others to make themselves feel better, and sometimes it's just pure jealousy that fuels the fire. Don't sweat it, you know you're better than that.

{{{Hugs}}}

3. hummblebee

hummblebee hipstertist.

Thanks, mama! I know, that's why I dropped it (at least on the site where it was going on!) I think it stung more than it normally would've because I was working on our website while it went on. I just felt the need to vent and I knew you folks would be your wonderful understanding selves!

*Sigh* HCM, you always make e feel better! :)

4. hippychickmommy

You're welcome sweetie, glad I could make you feel better.

{{{Hugs again}}}

5. indescribability

indescribability Not To Be Continued

Does your art suck? That may be the root of the problem, you know.

6. hippychickmommy

Hey now, be nice. I've seen some of the things she's made in other threads and she's good!

7. Biggen

Biggen Banned

No such thing as bad art. There are only different tastes.

8. indescribability

Hey. I didn't say it did suck. Just asked if it did. I mean when somebody calls me an asshole, I don't look at them as being a prick. I wonder if I'm being an asshole before I look badly at them.

9. indescribability

I completely disagree. My art is horrible. I can't even draw stick figures and smiley faces. Imagine me trying to do characatures and such. It'd would really suck, regardless of personal taste.

10. hippychickmommy

Touche. Good point.

11. hippychickmommy

But it's you, your creation. To me, that's art, doesn't matter if it's as impressive as others may be. Still, it's something that you yourself created with your own two hands.

12. indescribability

I will draw you a picture and I expect you to print it out, and put it on your fridge, in that case.

13. hippychickmommy

It's a deal. You've got to remember. I'm a mother of three and my kids make me artwork all of the time. In my eyes, they are the next DaVincis. ;)

14. indescribability

Alrighty, but I expect to see a picture of my picture hanging on your fridge. I'll have your picture here shortly.

15. Bellfire01

Bellfire01 I'll say anything

No there really is such a thing as bad art but it's subjective in reasoning. Hitler was an artist but an art critic said his stuff was crapola.(Well maybe not that bad but it wasn't what the guy would call good.) Hitler found a new line of work, frankly, I would have just tried someone elses class.

16. rg paddler

rg paddler Senior Member

humblebee - the way to look at it is - at least they are talking about it,remember theres no such thing as bad press (so the saying goes).I was looking for my website on google the other day and found my name in some godforsaken forum for motorcyclists I'd never even heard of.They'd quoted an advert for one of my paintings that I was selling on ebay and totally slagged me off about it behind my back - but luckily it was so evil that it made me laugh.So I logged into their forum and put another painting up for sale in reference to their original quote and got even worse abuse.One guy said his dog had done a runny-shit on his drive that morning that had more artistic merit than my painting.I mean - (guffaw!) - you gotta take the abuse along with everyone else - theres always at least one person who has something constructive to say

17. indescribability

As usual, you're a little late. ANd your sentence is "retard" because you used the wrong tense of the word.

18. Raving Sultan

Raving Sultan Banned

Adam is right here, and i dont agree with him on much. In fact his opinion might mean zilch if it wasnt for me agreeing with him.
    Anyway, he has a point here and it actually makes good sense. Bravo for him. Poo Poo for you.

19. rg paddler

rg paddler Senior Member

if youre lucky

20. I personally like vaginas on the internet.