aspiring musicians

Discussion in 'Music' started by MountainMan, May 29, 2004.

1. MountainMan

MountainMan Member

any of you musicians trying to make it out there got any words for those of us just begining to pick music as our path? its like all i hear is discouragement from parents and family and friends, everyone refuses to even acknowledge the plus to music, its always "youre going to have such a hard life"

2. warthog

warthog Member

LOOK MAN this is my ART!!!You can not stifle a Mans ART!!!.....We have a sayin in the Music BIZ dont quit your day job...hehe...I mean go for it full blast <<but!!! have a trade or a dregree to fall back on ...//1st. it has to be FUN !!,& then hey, if you make some money thats just gravy....Just say hey Im going to be gettin paid for something I would be doing at home free anyway...Allways let the music come 1st.leave the egos at the door..NEVER never give up on your dream...but get a job to support it,& buy your toys...Work hard & be honest / good things will happen to you ...PeAce/pj

3. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

it's ok fo a musician to have a hard life
    because music's an art of sharing . so
    really , it's sweet and nothins easy anyway .