*Ask me Questions.

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by JvY, Jun 17, 2006.

1. JvY

JvY Member

Ask me the one question that keeps you up every night, the question that makes you cringe because of your effort to answer it is so awsome, any thing you want. All I would like to do is help.

2. woodsman

woodsman Senior Member

Here's the one that keeps me up at night: how do we eliminate greed and intolerence in our society?

3. JvY

JvY Member

oh boy, i wish i could answer this in a manor of the common mind. I could say the normal "the media is influencing people to be intolerent of other people and making some greedy bc they see and r tempted with what they normally cannot grasp", but then again that would be intolerent of the media now wouldnt it? Please think about that.

on another note while turning over the idea of eliminating those things, you cant. As long as they're somewhere in the back of someones mind you can nvr truely eliminate those things.

But there is one thing we can do to, "help" those unfortunate people who are greedy, and mostly intolorent - we can inform them, take the ideas they have imbedded in there brians and help them turn around and question those things till they find a flaw in their beliefs.

4. themnax

themnax Senior Member

o k ; i've got one for you: how can we or people in general, convince each other to convice each other to stop screwing up the world we all have to live in instead of continuing to do so and putting everything else ahead of not doing so?

and better then answering me, let's see it happen.

=^^=
    .../\...

5. JvY

JvY Member

if you want to convince people to stop screwing up the world we live in, first of i wish u were a little bit more clear with your questions, or atleast elaborate, but ill try and answer.

*Sigh*, this one is somewhat depressing, because well , we cant convince other people with words on this one - as much as i hate saing this *****SOMETIMES* not always, actions speak louder then words. And i really hope someone can come from the midsts or study on our earth and just go on national television and preach like no other about how if we dont act now or earth will be a wasteland in the next few hundred yrs. etc etc.

But, this has alrdy happend. And how many people took advantage of it. Not to many, just look at oil. Many profound speakers have lectured on the effects, such as the greenhouse effect/global warming.

But as the normal person. We just nod our heads and do nothing . How many people switched from gas to ethonal or even better substances to burn after the MANY true people spoke out against oil because it WILL destroy our world as we know it now. Not anywhere near enough.

I like how you said better yet, let "see" what happens. Well im afraid the people are blind because its destruction of our earth is taking place this very second and will only get worse later, so you are correct ; lets wait and see what happens. Hopefully something clicks

6. themnax

themnax Senior Member

well actualy there's no such thing as doing nothing. every priority we choose does something, even if we're not awaire of choosing it.

i think you're on the right track about one thing though. the main if not only thing we CAN do is the example each of us set or try to set, for each other. i know that does more then any amount of words.

on here, all we have are words by which to try and do it by.

=^^=
    .../\...

7. JvY

JvY Member

good points, i wont answer any more tonight im much to tired. oh btw , amazing sig , i wish more people could understand it