Ask her for her phone number? Or dont ask?

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by Pete's Draggin', May 19, 2019.

1. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

and there's a very good chance she shoots down a lot of guys every day. doesn't necessarily mean somebody should add themselves to that list.

i seriously don't understand, how is anyone supposed to get a date, ever? it's like all situations are off limits anymore.

Bicaptain My Captain likes this.
  2. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

lol.. you sound like 6.

I think it's a chance you have to take. There's going to be rejection at some point, but there are also girls who are cool enough to give you the number.

3. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

that's my point, a bunch of people are saying you can't ask her because she's at work. and there's a bunch of other situations where you're not "supposed to" ask someone out. it all just seems needlessly restrictive to me.

newbie-one and soulcompromise like this.
  4. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

Yes. They probably also date at least some of the guys that hit on them.

The correct way to ask her out, I don't know. But if you're into her, go for it Pete

5. Total Darkness

Total Darkness 100% Cocoa

Of course. It adds to the appeal.

6. Total Darkness

Total Darkness 100% Cocoa

In all seriousness, i wouldn't know what to do. I've never asked a girl out. The only girl i wanted to ask out was my high school crush. But i was too much of a chicken.

Why not try. But i could see it being awkward being asked out while working.

7. lode

lode Banned

Generally no, she's getting tipped to be cordial to you.

But I've done it before, sometimes it's okay to follow your instincts if you've actually got some chemistry going. Remember she's in a service position, probably get's hit on a lot, and most of those guys are probably jerks.

Be a complete gentleman and hit on her like your grandmother is sitting beside you.

8. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Tonight i got the bar maid's phone number!

I was just chatting her up and we had a really fum conversation together. There wasn't many people there. So there was no pressure and I had all the time I needed with her. I found out it was her first day working as a bartender ever. She was very pretty as well. I ended it by saying, "You seem like a really cool girl. How about we continue this over drinks made by another bartender? Here, put your number in my phone."

If I can get a sexy bartender's number today, you can get a waitress' number and a date. I believe in you, Pete! Don't listen to these nay-saying weirdos . :

9. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

WEIRDOS On Hip Forums...????....Sorry, But I Can't Believe That..... :D

Cheers Glen.

Bicaptain My Captain likes this.
  10. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Well this is different. You didnt just exchange a couple of smiles and a little bit of small talk - you sat a while and had a fun conversation. So when you asked her out, you werent a random man, you were someone she knew she vibed with on some level

So thats my advice to Pete - get to know her a little before you ask for her number, let her get to know you and see your personality a little and then ask

Last edited: May 22, 2019
  11. iamjustme

iamjustme Wishful thinker HipForums Supporter

The world according to Gillete...

12. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

I'm Quite Surprised Pete Hasn't Met A Lady At His "Dancing Venues".....Seems The Ideal Place

To Me......You Not Only Both Share Something In Common.....You Actually Get To Hold Each Other

Close Depending On The Dance Routine......I'm Willing To Make A Bet That That Is Where He

Finds Happiness......:hearteyecat:

Cheers Glen.

Pete's Draggin' likes this.
  13. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

That's a good point. As a general rule, it does help to talk to her a little bit and get to know you first before going for the number. I've seen some guys who've been able to exchange numbers in 3 min or less.

Last edited: May 22, 2019
  14. soulcompromise

This statement makes it sound kind of like a contest though.

I feel like I'm not overly concerned with how quickly I get a woman's digits. :sunglasses: Example: A barista today who I think is such a babe. She says hi to me! (they always do that, it's their job...) I'm not getting her number because I halfway know she doesn't want to give it to me. But if at some point I really want it maybe I will ask her. Lol! :laughing:

I don't know what the point of my story is actually. True story though. :flushed: Anyway, 6 it's not a contest. I'm sure your girlfriends will like you more if you allow them ample time to realize how charming you are. :smirkcat:

15. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i don't know, i've found the most success if i trick them into going out before they actually get to know me.

soulcompromise and GLENGLEN like this.
  16. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

This is the best response in the thread and the only one Pete should listen to.

Pete's Draggin' likes this.
  17. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

Walmart has become a pick-up joint in the US. Women are a dime a dozen, and more expensive when you pick them up in bars.

18. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

In regards to how quickly a number can be asked for and whether there should be build up chat first... Most women want to feel there is at least a chance that it's their personality that is attractive. When guys ask for a number very quickly it's very obviously based only on looks.

Meliai likes this.
  19. soulcompromise

I guess the reality for me is that I wish I could get that one barista's phone number, but I feel it would be inappropriate to ask. That's just me though. To each his/her own...

20. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

At work I think is overstepping a line to a degree I guess. Not, maybe not even to a degree. It just is. :grimacing: if she outside of work or perhaps on a break, all is fine but yeah, you don't want to get personal during work hours, especially if she has to be listening to customers take orders and she's doing maths and calculations and more orders and then making it all.

How you see her outside of work without stalking her all day until she leaves, I'm not sure..