ask about Peru, Chile and Argentina

Discussion in 'Latin America' started by rubberloverhk, Apr 8, 2019.

1. rubberloverhk

rubberloverhk Guest

I've never been to South Americas, but I have some questions that I am interested.

Among Peru, Chile and Argentina,
    Which country is the safest to live, when talking about crime rates
    Which country is the best to live considering the social welfare and the economy?

About Chile, we know that it's one of the longest country in the world from north to south,
    does the northern city like Arica or the southern city like Punta Arenas usually have a lower
    temperature among the year?

Can someone from Peru understand someone from Chile? (Looks like they both speaks Spanish, but does each of the country have their own unique official language?)

About Chile again, as a traveler, what is approx. the cost per day staying there?

Thanks very much for the knowledge!

2. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

You have different words for "jeans" though from what I understand! :)

Vaqueros en Mexico is "jeans" in Colombia. I don't know what other words there might be, but I'm just sharing. I'm sure there is no real discrepancy.

I am leaning Spanish, and along the way we talk about many countries and their customs, celebrations, and holiday hangouts. :sunglasses:

While I love the culture, I'm not sure I would do well in it because for one my language skills are lacking; I have a hard time understanding. Like for example I just watched this movie in Spanish "Yuli" about a famous ballet performer, and I had to rely on subtitles because I listen more slowly than molasses. My ears don't process fast enough. I'm always one step behind. Same thing speaking, but that seems to be improving; I can speak a little faster as more words enter my vocabulary.

Anyway... @rubberloverhk I see your post is pretty old by now. If you get a notification, maybe you could fill us in on whatever ended up happening! :D

3. everything bagel

everything bagel Banned

Peru has an amazing food scene. A lot of Japanese emigrated to Peru in the early 20th century so there is a really interesting Peruvian/Japanese cuisine going on in places like Lima.

soulcompromise likes this.
  4. soulcompromise

:yum:

5. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Peru, Chile and Argentina, about?

6. Lego Batman

Lego Batman Scissors paper rocks

Hits blunt
    these blueberries are from Chile
    Id like to be in Chile eating these blueberries

7. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

TrudginAcrossTheTundra Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Just keep listening, reading, and speaking. You'll get better poco a poco. Listen to stuff you can stop and back up; write down what you hear as you go. Make Spanish speaking friends. A few years of concerted effort and you'll be ready to travel and have meaningful conversations.

8. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

Yo converso con gente de todos países latinos. Siempre hay manera de hacerse entendido. Nuevas palabra mayormente son obvios, pero si no, pregunto. Bendiciones.

9. soulcompromise

muchas gracias. Mi espanol es probablemente asi asi… porque el otro dia, un hombre pobre asked me for diez centavos en ingles, pero I carry no cash. I told him"como esta usted" "Yo no tengo dinero" and also "...bien tambien" but I forgot to say "estoy bien" and only said "bien Tambien".

10. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

Si... Han de enseñar el estándar desde primaria me imagino. Pero igual como en inglés, la gente habla su especie, dialecto, o como se refiere. A veces uno se da cuenta de donde es uno por aquello.
    Yo lo veo cuando estoy en otro país. Normalmente agarro rápido las formas distintas de comunicarse. Creo que en los cientos de latinos con quiénes he hablado, todos son considerados y cultos. O si no, no me di cuenta. Ustedes (para mí) hablan parecidos a los uruguayos. Uruguay fue mi primer país de visitar hace cuarenta años. Un mes sin hablar ni una palabra de inglés, lo que avanzó bastante mi español que tenía pocos años estudiando. La gente tan bella, toditos me invitaron a sus casas a comer asado, tomar mate, y charlar. Con eso me quedé completamente enamorado de la gente latina. Aprendí de gente de todos países, incluso una amiga que vino de Cuba. Me di cuenta que si puedo conversar con cubanos, puedo conversar con cualquiera. Y fuimos a Cuba hace tres años y lo pasamos chévere. Mucha gente se han quedado asombrada con mi español. Pero imagínese, tantos años de estudiar y practicarlo. Tengo ganas de visitar a Chile y Argentina, Patagonia en particular. Ya veremos, si Dios lo permite. Gracias por su respuesta y cuídese.

11. Boss_as_Diva_Girl

Boss_as_Diva_Girl Members

Is any crew going to the Patagonia Eclipse in December??

12. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

In Light Of Whats Going On In This World.... :( ....How Do You Expect To Get A Reply To

Your Question 8 Months In Advance.....?????... :rolleyes:

Cheers Glen.

13. Boss_as_Diva_Girl

Boss_as_Diva_Girl Members

Hey Glen,

Yes I understand what your saying. My hope is that this will all be over and done with in the next month or so.

And 8 months is not that far. All van's and RV's are already booked out in Chile for the dates of the Eclipse.

I'm just putting it out there and asking who is thinking of going.

14. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

This.

Still this.