Asheville

Discussion in 'North and South Carolina' started by turtlemoon5, Aug 10, 2006.

1. Gaston

Gaston Loup Garou

My wife and I are seriously considering moving there. Can anyone recommend a good area to get a livable but inexpensive apartment without moving into a high crime zone? (not saying Asheville has a high crime zone, but everyplace else I've been, that's where the cheap places to live are located).

We're both disabled but fairly mobile, but a flat would be a lot easier on us than a townhouse or walk-up.

Thanks,
    G

2. Lady Neko

Lady Neko Member

drum circle. when is it. i am very interesting in coming to watch. i would participate but i do not have a drum. i do have a tamborine though. ^_^

3. Me the V

Me the V Member

sounds amazing there. i need to visit there sometime really soon. I hear alot of people there are "laid-back".

~peace

4. Lady Neko

Lady Neko Member

i have become more laid back lately. more so than ever. of course its affecting my school work and i am trying to work on that actually as we speak ^_^ i better get back to that. come visit...its a wonderful place.

5. SexGod_Stan

SexGod_Stan Member

I grew up there, and it's changed a lot over the years, for the worse I think. Too many people now, and they're raping the mountains by building everywhere. It is pretty though, and there are other places in Western NC that are also nice. Cahsiers for example. It really depends on what you'd like to do.

If you like the outdoors, Pisgah Nat'l Forest is close by, or if you like doing stuff in town, they have quite a bit going on. My advice is to just get off the computer and go see what you can find to get into.

6. Jeph

Jeph Member

i live in kenilworth its a very nice part of town and would love to meet some new friens ive been here for about a month and a half and i love it

7. Lady Neko

Lady Neko Member

funny thing is jeph my husband and i will have lived there 2 years this summer and we have only met a few people from unca. but i've been meaning to get downtown. i heard they have a lot of stuff going on this summer which i really want to attend.

8. Jeph

Jeph Member

heyyy theres alot of people from ny here in asheville my girlfriend and I are from just out side of syracuse. :)

9. intensive

intensive Member

im from hickory and i go to asheville occasionally, i like blowing rock more tho

10. Lady Neko

Lady Neko Member

i'd love to hang out with anyone this some. just pm me.

11. Jeph

Jeph Member

Downtown After Five - June 15

What: Live Music, Food, Beverages, Socializing & Dancing
    Where: On Battery Park Avenue at the South End of The Grove Arcade
    When: 5:00 PM - 9:00 PM
    Cost: Free

Headliner: Spiritual Rez
    Opener: One Leg Up

Wristband Sales Benefit:
    Asheville Downtown Association Foundation
    And Homeward Bound

12. lildreadymama

lildreadymama Member

to all family: im looking for some good family to help out a group of traveling dreadies looking get a good nights sleep or shower.just passing thru and need to find anyone who can help.

thanks,Belinda

13. goingtocalifornia

goingtocalifornia Banned Underage!

i just moved here to..... well not exactly asheville but really really close to it... ahh im like the youngest on this thread! i hate being 15 :/...... i've made a couple friends at school but as much as i hate to admit it.... im kinda shy... lol anyway its really great here for those of you considering moving here... your gonna love it!

14. deadheadwalker

deadheadwalker Member

15. deadheadwalker

deadheadwalker Member

ill be in asheville on sunday. im staying for a few weeks.
    im always looking for good herb and only know a few ppl in asheville. if you can help me in finding some maybe we can get together for a toke

16. rachaelrose

rachaelrose Member

aww north carolina is sooo beautiful!

17. HerbuhLovuh

HerbuhLovuh raa

well, when i was hanging out in the little central park thingy here downtown someone walked up to me and wanted to sell me headies for 60.... of course I have no money though. Another time I was dumb enough to buy a sack from a drunk guy and got ripped off on some shwag. Although earlier today someone was smoking some dank as they drove by us at earthfare. Smelled nice. And once out in front of GreenLife, another healthfood store, this old hipster gave me a fat roch of medicinal grade, and it was so potent we got high off it a few times.

18. goingtocalifornia

goingtocalifornia Banned Underage!

damn i must being going at the wrong time lol, i've never scored nothing from just around asheville, like my buddy from school hooks me up but yea most of the time its a rip off...

19. Jeph

Jeph Member

thats poo poo

20. Hippified_RCer

Hippified_RCer P.L.U.R.

im moving 2 mins outside of ash oct 14th! im so pumped! my friends went down like 3 weeks ago and now have a house and two pitbulls named molly and cid. lol love it. id love to meet all u cool cats wen i get down there!