Asda

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by Spuff, May 27, 2004.

1. Hippy_Smurf

Hippy_Smurf Member

I'm wanting to study English Literature, and I'm thinking about either Girton or Clare. I'm not smarmy enough to go for King's! All depends on grades though *chews fingernails*...

Lalalala andnowI'mwishingI'drevisedharderfortheseexams!

2. Peace-Phoenix

Peace-Phoenix Senior Member

King's is a very left leaning liberal college. I didn't get into King's last year, so I went for Jesus this time round. I don't regret it at all because I liked the teaching staff I met at Jesus a lot better. They say that whichever college you end up at will become your favourite. Personally I'm just glad I have my place at the uni itself....

3. Merlin

Merlin Member

It so happens that I'll apply to work at Asda, because I'm stll at McDonalds at the moment and I'm fed up of it. My friend works at Asda and seems to be okay with it, and I've heard from a few sources it's a decent place to work. It's still a long way off my 'ideal' career (to be an artist or musician), but I need more money so can continue building my home music studio and then there's the tiny chance that a record label will like my stuff. That sort of career is hardly around the corner for me so I just have to try and work my way up to it gradually.

4. Merlin

Merlin Member

I think Maon's way of living sounds fantastic and I'm as much in favour of human's being removed from the need to work for survival as anyone but, I do need the extra cash to pursue a hobby which could, by a minute possibility, become a career.