as per request, my dready mop.

Discussion in 'Dreadlocks' started by hippiehillbilly, Feb 15, 2009.

1. hippiehillbilly

hippiehillbilly the old asshole

shes(my better half) done very little ripping..basically all she did was once a section knotted,she just kept it from grabbing any others.for the most part they have stayed separated on their own.

i seen a chick one time with just one big knot on the top of her head.. seriously,thats all it was. looked like a bee hive hair do but it was a single dread.

lol, that shit aint for me..

2. hippiehillbilly

its just hair.. i dont believe in all the other mumbo jumbo that people try an associate with dreads..
    my life journey has nothing to do with my hair..
    what others choose to believe is fine,but i dont buy that shit so please dont try and convince me otherwise. youll only attract a pest. and we all know what would happen then.. ;)

3. amybird

amybird Senior Member

Yeah but what I mean is, they're on your head, attached to you, where you can feel them or see them in the mirror etc, yet you talk as though you literally have never even seen or touched them! :p

4. hippiehillbilly

this is dilli or the better half... lol we have no mirrors here in all honesty.. the daughter has one tiny hand held mirror for pluckin her brows or some crazy shit... and he really pays his head absolutely no mind other than to tie them back...

since i am the one that tends to mess with them... they are crazy thick and hard matted buggers. and they still have some of the crazy looseness or wild hairs is more like it on the ends but it gives um character... i do just rip them a bit every month or two to keepum under some control but other than that and washing his have had absolutely no maintenance, no twisting, rolling, fussin or mussin.... Finally after two years he is gaining length again ...

mine are a bit more tamed, uniform and a tad more manicured than his although not much ...I think if i had to choose which set i prefer it would definitely be au natural like his... they seem to be much sturdier n solid than mine. Of course my hair was pretty damaged when i started from 20 yrs of dying crazy colors

5. amybird

amybird Senior Member

More of us should probably practice your lack of mirrors. Would do no harm at all!

6. Nova?!

Nova?! The Walrus

"thanx honey^-^"
    No problem!!

7. Callie4Strings

Callie4Strings Official Spokes Bitch

OMG no mirrors..my world would be in unrest :)

8. amybird

amybird Senior Member

And I'd have godawful eyebrows :p

9. seizedbyanger

seizedbyanger Banned

you do not look at all as i have imagined you.

10. Smelly D

Smelly D The Dreaded Plumber

agreed!

11. Callie4Strings

Callie4Strings Official Spokes Bitch

I do love ure brows Amy!!! I need to get my caterpillars in check!