As a hippie do you believe in free love and sex?

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by Wicked Eyes, May 12, 2004.

1. Caitlin

Caitlin Member

Marlyn...greatest picture in your sig...I couldn't even concentrate on the rest of the posts I had to comment, after seeing a picture from Labyrinth :) groovy.

Free love? The idea behind it is great, but there are a few risks...Im not one for casual sex personally

2. Fractual_

Fractual_ cosmos factory

free love and casual sex is cool, and can be very fun.

but love will be a lot more genuine if you are only with one person.

its a personal preference really.

3. Orsino

Orsino Member

You know.. some people aren't ready... because there really are a lot of stupid fucking people in this world and if they did have sex, it would serve them right to have a kid.

4. Strawberry_Fields_Fo

Strawberry_Fields_Fo RN

Hmmm...but do you really want stupid people reproducing?

5. Peace

Peace In complete harmony.

in the 1500s people got married and has kids at 13. And we're still around today arent we?

6. Peace-Phoenix

Peace-Phoenix Senior Member

I think free love is just an excuse for sleeping around a lot of the time. Whilst some pilled-up/enlightened hippies may have truly believed in it in the 60's, and some may do now, most would abuse a concept so noble as free love. Personally I find one woman hard enough to deal with! Think of all the shopping free love would entail! Nah, on a serious note, I do think love on a relationship basis needs to exist between two people and only two people or else it will probably become unbalanced and you'll end up loving one more than another....

7. SunFree

SunFree Member

Yes, but back then living into your forties was considered a ripe old age. It was out of necessity to marry early.

You don't need to have casual sex with everyone to uphold the principle of free love, anyway. From what I've learned, the whole "sexual revolution" was going on in the sixties along with the women's lib movement, as a major rebellion against the former generation. It was about throwing off the constrains of the oppressively conservative doctrines toward modesty and propriety and not being ashamed of one's own nature and sexuality.

In our age, on the other hand, I don't think we need this rebellion. Sex in general is a much more accepted aspect of society and our daily lives, and I would guess that the majority of opinions are more open-minded. However, I would say we could use a different kind of sexual revolution, where we could learn to see it in a more healthy and revered fashion, rather than as a way to exploit, use, abuse and take from other's selfishly, seeing people as objects rather than humans deserving of this most precious form of love.

8. neoteny

neoteny Member

I believe in free love. I do not, however, think that has to translate into free sex. I can love any and everyone without restriction. When it comes to sex, though, I reserve that for extremely special relationships.

9. Willy_Wonka_27

Willy_Wonka_27 Surrender to the Flow

i belive in it but i dont practice it...

10. sila

sila Member

It should be renamed free sex because it is only sex not love at all.

11. Main St Wizard

Main St Wizard Member

I support it fully- in a philosophical sense- I just don't practice it. I'm too much of a dismal romantic, you know- I don't have the heart for polygamy. In actuality, though, the likelihood of me losing my virginity is pretty low so I'm not even worried about it at point in my life.

12. sila

sila Member

But becoming pregnant is one of the many risks of sex. If you are ready to have sex then you should be ready for anything that may result from sex and that includes having a baby. No contraceptive is perfect.

13. SunshineRevolution

SunshineRevolution Member

not in the year 2004

PEACE and LOVE

14. artisticphantom

artisticphantom Member

i kind of go against everybody's stereo type of the whole free love thing. like i'm cool with it as a dating thing, cuz thats the way it's supposed to be. but just not a sexual freedom. i'm kinda a jesus freak/ hippie so i believe that it's a sin to have sex before marriage. but i'd do it just for the new experience. but ya if you wanna got out with sumone other than me i'm cool. but eventually i do wanna settle down with one woman who settles down with one man and wants to have a child born completely into a family started by a married couple. these are just my feelings tho.

15. artisticphantom

artisticphantom Member

depends on the age of one or bothe parties involved in intercourse. if one is under legal age of adulthood, and the other is legally an adult, then the sentence is statuitory rape and is punishable by imprisonment. if both are under age, they wait until they can both be tried as adults( usually the male ends up getting screwed in more than one way) and, obviously, if the two parties in question are both consenting adults, then there is no charge. if one is not consenting, it's felonious rape, punishable by life imprisonment( 60-65 yrs) if neither is consenting , they were both wasted out of thier mind.

16. localhippy

localhippy Senior Member

only way to live, is being FREE

and we cant live without LOVE

so....yes

17. spooner

spooner is done.

std's, statutory rape, pregnancy. these things don't apply to me.

18. below utopia

below utopia Baby did a bad thing

i do not support the idea of idiotic people randomly fucking each other for a few minutes of mediocre pleasure

19. Orsino2

Orsino2 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I believe people should be free to do as they please if they aren't hurting anyone.

But personally, I don't really believe the concept of it... there's too many ignorant people.