Art modelling

Discussion in 'Art' started by NightRose, Aug 2, 2013.

1. NightRose

NightRose idiosynractic rose

For a little while now I've been considering the idea of looking into becoming a nude/shy nude model for an art class.

Problem is I've searched online but haven't actually found any useful information on how to go about it.

I was wondering if any of you kind folks may be able to help out with this. :2thumbsup:

Much appreciated!

2. Fairlight

Fairlight Banned

I can only speak as someone who has experienced the life-drawing class from the other side - as the artist looking on at the model.In my class we usually do a few 5 minute poses,going onto 10 minutes and so on,until after the break when the pose can be from 30 to 40 minutes.I don't know what kind of physique you have,but we get all sorts of shapes and sizes of person to model for us.I suggest you look up art-schools and life-drawing classes in you area on google,and ask to talk to the tutors about trying out for them.Remember all life-models had to start somewhere.Good luck!

3. *MAMA*

*MAMA* Perfectly Imperfect

Be prepared to sit and hold a potentially awkward position for a long time.

4. Ask at your nearest art school or evening art classes. Nobody's interested in what you look like just that you can hold the pose! I modelled for art students and the most difficult for me was coming back from lunch and remembering exactly how I was positioned. I actually have a funny story associated with this.
    I modelled for my youngest daughter so she could make a lot of sketches from every angle for a sculpture she was going to make. Any way it was for 2nd or 3rd year final exams so she decided to make a shelf thing to display various sculpted body parts as well as the full piece. The shelving unit was decorated with printed copies of the various sketches. Anyway after the viewing she kept the pieces but dumped the display case at the side of the university where it could be seen by all and sundry much to the shock of my partner and I when came up to view the work of the students. Such is life. Oh by the way the never to be forgiven daughter ended up getting first class honours a year or two later.

5. Fairlight

Fairlight Banned

Hi NightRose.I've seen your BBQ thread and I don't know which one you are in those photos but you all have great figures so if you could get a few gigs life-modeling,and could cope with keeping still,I think you could make a real go of it.

6. NightRose

Thanks everyone! Appreciate it!

Loved your story too etherea! It sounds like you have a really nice relationship with your daughter. :)

I do some modelling from time to time for a couple of photographers so holding potentially awkward positions for a few longer periods of time is something I've grown used to. I'm going to see if there are any classes at the TAFE or Universities I know of, perhaps and make a few calls sometime. :2thumbsup:

Oh! And Fairlight, I'm the girl with the big sunglasses and black bikini. :)

7. MeatyMushroom

MeatyMushroom Juggle Tings Proppuh

Screw Aus, move to Cape Town and model here :p

8. odonII

odonII O

What's this?

9. NightRose

Nude, but you've got your bottom half covered with something, or you've turned your hips away from the camera.

10. I never noticed that before. Any classes I've sat for have been clothesless. I don't know what is available in the art student department if you want to be "discreet"

11. odonII

odonII O

Thanks.

12. NightRose

Anytime! :2thumbsup: