[Art Bell] Area 51 Pilot From 1997 Show

Discussion in 'Weird, Bizarre and Mysterious' started by Dude111, Jun 12, 2015.

1. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

2. themnax

themnax Senior Member

well i suppose humans are "weird, bizarre and mysterious", and 'art bell' seems to look mostly human.

3. Dude111

I wonder if the whole thing was even real?? (Who knows if the guy WAS REALLY @ AREA 51)

4. Cannabliss88

Cannabliss88 Members

Holy shit I wonder what happened!

I miss Art Bell. Best C2C host ever...rarely listen these days. George Noory is ok but comes across a little fake, inauthentic and repetitive

5. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

I agree Noory is not genuine and he is always interrupting people. It drives me insane I want to hear the guest speak. It seems like it's just a job for him to me. He always agrees with anything a guest says even a week before someone said something different. He just reads his follow up questions off a note card and tunes out. Art Bell was interested in the topics and he would call BS on a guest when he heard it. I like the openness Noory allows where any idea can be brought up. I think that is important with these sort of issues and Bell could be a little intimidating in that aspect. But on the other hand you need to not be so open to new ideas your brain falls out and Bell was very good at that.

1 person likes this.
  6. Dude111

Art bell IS BACK ON THE AIR (In case some didnt know)

www.artbell.com

7. porkman420

porkman420 Members

art is off now....sucks

8. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

I listened to Art Bell all throughout the 1990s.

Great show and very entertaining, but the Area-51 Pilot was clearly a hoax

"I just entered the restricted zone."
    "I don't see anybody coming up yet... I just see a bunch of lights."
    "Looks like there is a F-16 coming up here."
    "They're shooting at me now... I'm going in!"

Hotwater

9. Dude111

Are ya sure bud???? -- I just checked his site out and its still up,the show is mentioned.........

10. hotwater

No he’s off the air for the foreseeable future

Hotwater

11. porkman420

porkman420 Members

heather wade is doing midnight in the desert now. art is off

12. hotwater

During an interview Art Bell said he might be a surprise guest host one night on Midnight in the Desert

Hotwater

13. hotwater

Former radio talk show host Art Bell, famous for his show “Coast to Coast AM” radio show died on Friday at the age of 72 (his fans will note he died on Friday the 13th)

Bell died at his home, in Nye County Nev. (The Kingdom of Nye) an autopsy will be performed later this week to determine the cause of death.

machinist likes this.
  14. machinist

machinist Banned Lifetime Supporter

:(

15. ~Zen~

~Zen~ Ancient Mariner Administrator

Nye County. Driven thru it many times... visited a few locations...dusty and dry...long straight roads leading to emptiness or mountains...perfect place for folks like Art Bell to hide out and spew forth over the airwaves. There are some seriously eccentric people in Pahrump. Rhyolite being my favorite ghost town...it is a vast and empty place perfect for tuning into the alien transmissions...and let's not forget Yucca Mountain, and the leaky caverns they wanted to dump nuclear waste into.

16. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

Your description reminds me of the setting of the Stephen King novel Desperation. Creepy.

ZenKarma likes this.
  17. ~Zen~

Uh, yeah, it is really creepy out there especially in the midst of a dark night when crossing from Death Valley back into Las Vegas.

A bit west of there in the desert is a hot springs community - over the border in California...Tecopa Hot Springs... lots of great places to park your RV in the desert remote areas and camp for awhile in winter...

Winter is the only time of year that is semi-habitable for that area. Unless you have an underground house.

18. hotwater

Art Bell was very much opposed to the storage of nuclear waste in Yucca Mountain, he talked about it quite often

ZenKarma likes this.
  19. ~Zen~

Way back in time when I lived in that area we all debated the environmental aspects and dangers of mega-trains loaded with nuclear waste running thru towns and cities across America on the way to the dump...all converging in Las Vegas just before entering the caverns they built, which leaked, and they terminated the project after spending an untold amount. The boring machine sitting disused cost $13 million... imagine how much else was wasted, they won't tell us.

Art Bell was indeed a leading voice against the project.

20. hotwater

Maybe Art will make a surprise appearance next Halloween on Ghost to Ghost am

ZenKarma likes this.