armpit hair

Discussion in 'Women's Forum' started by Little flower, Jun 28, 2005.

1. Sunburst

Sunburst Fairy

I just stopped shaving my armpits last week...I've been sort of wanting to do it for years, because I think women look totally fine with it, and last week I decided "Hey, why not?" Loving it so far :D

2. mijnnaamisliesbeth

mijnnaamisliesbeth Member

I've got armpit hair since august 2007 and I love it!
    But what to do in the summertime? How do other people react or do you wear sleeves? :S

3. nananie

nananie Member

just don't pay atention to your armpit hair yourself ;) it's not that weird :)
    if you don't pay attention to it yourself their focus is less, and if they focus then why should you botter? it's your armpit hair not theirs and then also it's there if you want it, and it's not if you don't (because you can remove it).

4. CasieNmynameisjake07

CasieNmynameisjake07 Member

I shave. I shave everything, even my pubic hair. Theres a girl at my school who doesnt shave her armpits and, no offense to anyone, but its looks nasty and its unattractive. Just because guys dont shave doesnt mean anything. Women are women, there not hairy guys, thats why we shave. I dont think i know any guys who think armpit hair or any kindof hair is attractive on a woman.

5. SucculentFlower

SucculentFlower earthfirst!

I've known plenty, but then I'm not 17. Boy are you locked into a narrow view point about body hair. In other countries (primarily Europe) the custom is to NOT shave body hair, infact it's a custom on the prostitutes to shave under the arms.

What makes a woman a woman is chromosomes. Not body hair.

6. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

actually body hair DOES make the woman. girls have less noticeable body hair!

7. mara-aum

mara-aum Member

i do nothing but not at first by my own choice. i was single for a long time and didn't shave anything unless i thought i was getting laid--then i'd do a massive "pruning" and get lazy in between. then i met my husband and so i shaved regularily until one day my hubby said "just so you know, i'm not a pedafile" i said "what the fuck?" he said "think about it...body hair is a sign of sexual maturity--so by shaving your cooch & armpits & stuff is to make you look pre-pubescant and i'm not a pedafile...so if your shaving 'for me' don't bother." my lazy ass took it as a "yippee!"

at first i hated the pits growing in though...and it stunk! but i did some research and learned that pit hair draws toxins out of your body so i washed the pits way way more often at first and eventually the stink died down.
    i feel more natural but still a bit self concious in a tank top--but now that i know the health reasons behind not shaving, i doubt i'll ever shave again.

8. wanderin_blues

wanderin_blues Banned

you got a cool hubby!
    casie, that is a very narrow minded view, but i know very well how persuasive teen, high school "culture" can be. women grow hair, its a biological fact. its part of what distinguishes a sexually mature woman from a child. i stopped shaving at 16 which is when i felt that i really grew up and shed all the crap that high school had deposited on me, when i felt like a woman. anyway, do try to at least make more mature comments. and think about the way you think.

to reply to the thread, i will never shave my pits again. i love them being hairy, it feels so nice and i love the way it looks. ive never had a negative comment and i dont smell bad.
    i like when people smell like themselves. if i find them attractive, their personal scent just drives me wild lolz

9. mynameisjake07

mynameisjake07 Banned

pffffft hahahahha. Im sure a guy would love to see a bush of hair coming from your armpits when you lift your arms. I remember some girl didnt shave and was at a prep rally and everybody started making fun of her cuz it was so nasty.

10. mamaKCita

mamaKCita fucking stupid.

there's somethin out there for everyone. there's a lot of guys who prefer an unshaven woman. it keeps the pheromones around longer.

11. DocGonzo

DocGonzo Member

I'm a guy, I dig the unshaven thing. Not my business what a women chooses to do with her hair, in fact I think it's a little silly this conversation has multiple sides. It seems to me, it's a womens choice, so let her choose. I'd be right pissed if someone told me to cut my hair off! Ah yes, and mynameisjake07, the fact that you attend pep rallies is enough to warrant public humiliation alone so leave your chauvinistic, pre pakaged, factory produced, bubble wrapped, disinfected, adolescent hate at the door kid.
    Anyhow, to all the mamas out there doing what they please, keep it up and for the record I think it's quite sexy seeing a human in their natural form!

12. mamaKCita

chill out, man. that was eerily close to a personal attack. but i appreciate your input on your personal preference.

13. DocGonzo

DocGonzo Member

No personal attacks! All in good fun. :)

14. mamaKCita

right on, man.

15. BlazingDervish

BlazingDervish Banned

I shave my pits about once a month. Any less than that and I get stinky, any more than that and my pits get irritated.

16. mamaKCita

i shave mine every couple days. if i don't, cats and dogs start following me around. :rolleyes:

17. aeshna5

aeshna5 Member

Fair enough if you want to shave everything +you don't like the look of fuzz on other women, but it's wrong to try + impose your blinkered view on all women. There's nothing wrong with pit (or other) hair- it's normal + natural + is a difference between prebuscent girls + women.

As a guy I find nothing sexier than a woman who rejects the bizarre cultural expectations that a woman be hairless- body hair is beautiful + sensual to me. Vive la difference!

18. mara-aum

mara-aum Member

i remember shopping for my wedding outfit & the 2 retail girls helping me were awesome-we were having a great time until they noticed my pit hair...they had this obvious look of pure horror & disgust-i felt really uncomfortable i will admit--in the moment i got real self concious but then i remembered being much like them at one time so i understood where they were coming from, then i felt sorry for them because they just "don't get it" --if they did the reaction wouldn't be the same.

when i looked at them closely i saw how "programed" they were into looking EXACTLY like everyone else...they had no individual style...even as people...they had very low resonance...i sure wouldn't want to look or be like them so i guess its natural they feel the same about me.

19. mamaKCita

i don't find body hair at all offensive or unnattractive on women. on myself, however, i don't like the continuous smell.

20. GreenPeace13

GreenPeace13 Member

this girl is all natural ;)