armpit hair

Discussion in 'Women's Forum' started by Little flower, Jun 28, 2005.

1. Little flower

Little flower Member

how many of you shave?
    and how many of you go natural?

2. littlemistymop

littlemistymop Member

i shave, cos its cleaner and you dont smell that way
    and cos its just gross , even tho its natural
    i don shave my legs much tho
    just occasionally in summer

3. lace_and_feet

lace_and_feet Super Member

Funny, because the more pit hair I have the better I smell and the dryer I stay.
    I shave once in a while with an electric shaver.

4. SunshineLily

SunshineLily Member

I've recently grown my armpit hair. It feels great. I have a shower every day so don't need to put deodorant on, and it's pretty okay. I'd like to know of some other girls who shave, i kind of feel like a lone sheep at the moment - i know it's silly, but womens armpit hair seems so unaccepted in our society that i'm sure i'm going to devolop an insequrity about it soon. Which is annoying because it'll mean i'll be getting insecure about my own freedom of body. Blegh... I'm rambling!

Sun Lily
    xxx

5. Sage-Phoenix

Sage-Phoenix Imagine

I only both in the summer time, or rather when I'm going wear something sleeveless. Can't see the point otherwise.

It's pretty much on my mother's insistence. She gets so hung up on apperance (work in a beauty salon, go figure). It's just not worth the fight, even though I probably wouldn't give a rats ass otherwise.
    So yeah thanks Mum for projecting your neurosis on me.

6. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

Guess what, hair never grew there for me! I'm like a little child, and it feels great. I HATE body hair, wax everything I can.

7. dmgreen

dmgreen ~Hugz 4 All~

I shave at least once a week.....if I don't then I start to smell like BO; specially on the really hot days!

8. Little flower

Little flower Member

i just find it so sad that people cant accept it, i mean most men dont shave,
    why should we?

9. littlemistymop

littlemistymop Member

its a shame yes, but i guess we've learned to find it gross
    cant help it :p

10. mystical_shroom

mystical_shroom acerbic

uh, i wasnt aware that it was unacceptable..
    shave if you want, if not then dont... its pretty simple..

i shave mine with my pink lady shaver...

11. lace_and_feet

lace_and_feet Super Member

Sure you can help it. The real shame is that people just accept what is fed to them without question.

12. Snowdancer

Snowdancer Member

Well, I shave mine partly because I think it looks better on me but also I don't like body hair vibrating when I ride my bike. It tickles & is very distractng.

There are plenty of women who don't shave though & of the ones I have met they all seem to have spousal units so guys aren't all turned off by it I guess. The lesbians who don't shave are a little in a different boat so to speak but then again their partners accept them that way so not all gals are turned off by it either. :rolleyes:

13. lynsey

lynsey Banned

i haven't waxed mine since november. its blonde and invisible but it still bothers me. i have eczema so i have to be selective of when i shave.

14. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

haven't touched a razor to my skin in a decade.
    Don't plan on it.
    And for all who are thinking ewww you must stink:
    I bathe, scraping off a layer of skin does not armorplate your pits.
    The sweat just runs down and pools somewhere else. Like your waist band.

15. Maggie Sugar

Maggie Sugar Senior Member

Exactly! You can help it, and should. One should constantly be challenging thier preconceptions and prejudices. ALWAYS. You'll be stale by the time you are 25 if you don't. "An unexamined life isn't worth living." I forgot who said this, a philosopher, but it makes so much sense.

Challenge your prejudices. Mistymop, try going a month without a razor. Or even a week. It may help open your mind, as welll as your body.

16. trancetripnddhd

trancetripnddhd Member

I don't shave at all... call me weird but I like the smell of my sweat....although I shower everyday. The only hair I dispose of is my upper lip(i have some horrendous dark hairs there!) and a little cleaning up of my eyebrows once a week(or I would hava uni-brow.)My hubby actually convinced me to grow out my body hair. He likes it better.

17. novarys

novarys Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

i shave, tho in all honesty i like the natural feel. HOWEVER, i notice that the more hair you have under there, the more body odor it produces.
    the longest i went w/o shaving was 2 months.

18. MikeE

MikeE Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

"An unexamined life isn't worth living." Socrates

19. aeshna5

aeshna5 Member

There are many guys such as myself who find natural unshaved armpits as something beautiful + sensually erotic- it may indicate a free spirit + a strong self-confidence + I just love to play + nuzzle with these erotic furry parts! If only more women would ditch their razors.

20. shadowd_dreamr

shadowd_dreamr Senior Member

I shave every second shower I take... so once every two days..

I didnt used to have hair there.... but when I turned 17 it got a bit darker... so thats when I started shaving my pitties...