Arkansas - another dangerous state

Discussion in 'Transexual and Transgender' started by thepapasmurph, Mar 5, 2023.

1. thepapasmurph

thepapasmurph Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

SB43 is supported by right-wing governor Sarah Huckabee Sanders and is just one of many attacks on LGBTQ folks. As much as we have come a long way over the last several years, there is still this creeping notion that trans rights should be limited or eliminated altogether. Trans rights are LGBT rights and they are the rights of all humans to live without prejudice or as inequality. While these folks are focusing on drag, the overall issue is the right of a person born with a biological identity to have the freedom to identify otherwise.

drag.jpg

snowtiggernd and Piobaire like this.
  2. Intrepid37

Intrepid37 Banned

No shit. One of the most corrupt States in the nation - that's where Bill Clinton and his queen of lies ruled. The sheer quantity of people who have been Arkancided is staggering.

3. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

The right wingers have found the issues that excite the no-nothings of the trump cult and they are going to beat those issues to death!!:eek:

Tyrsonswood and thepapasmurph like this.
  4. thepapasmurph

thepapasmurph Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I heard an interview on Face the Nation this morning. The speaker, who is a former Republican governor, said that even though Trump is leading in the polls right now, he says within Republican inner circles, the support for Trump is not nearly as high. His statement was 30% of the Republican party actually wants to be associated with MAGA and Trump brand politics. I found that interesting, and I can only hope that is true - while it seems that 30% is the most vocal, I do not hold my breath as I wait for the 70% to rise up and begin to speak up. The likes of people like Pense or Nikki Haley sure don't speak all that much differently when it comes to speaking against MAGA and speaking up for LGBT rights, which is only one part of the whole political picture.

scratcho likes this.
  5. soulpoker

soulpoker Senior Member

I resent the fact the silly rich individual who is famous for being famous is still part of the conversation, or he even was to begin with. I really hope this is the end of it and his name fades into obscurity. I know this will not solve the recent use of transphobia to rouse the fear and cynicism of the lazy and hateful, but maybe it's the start of America healing, getting along better and getting some common sense.

Sagewynd, scratcho and thepapasmurph like this.