Aren't weekends supposed to be relaxing?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by AmericanTerrorist, May 19, 2013.

1. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

I feel like I need a relaxing w.end to recuperate from this w.end.- Between D only being off from 10 am yesterday til 6pm today and then during that time having to shop for baby shower present plus 3 bday presents, go to a baby shower for my sister in law yesterday ... then after that a dinner out with a bunch of ppl (and all of this w. Cason, meaning the whole time I'm pretty much watching him like "don't touch that!" "put that down!")... then up early to drive 2 hrs one way (w cason, lol) to my inlaws house for a meal and bday thing for a bunch of ppl- visiting w 3 diff inlaws houses (w cason who kept picking up glass stuff and scissors and an ax of all things...! geez ppl... seriously if you're having a 2 yr old come over...WHY do those things have to be everywhere???) and then driving back home 2 hrs (w cason, lol) and then case not having napped at all today so he ended up kinda wild before bed, which ended up being early for him tonite.. but anyways... my mind and body are just like... gotta sit here and chill. gotta zone out before i can deal w this week.
    def. not my fav way to spend a w.end but...
    that will be next w.end... which will be both fun and RELAXING :)

2. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Just realized while pm'ing someone back on here that lives near here that the free shows at longs park start next weekend, which are every sunday and often very good and always very fun... so, yayy.. now i'm more excited about next weekend yet :)

3. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

Can't those guys shower their own babies?

4. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Hahaha... I get it now. At first I was all "huh? what?"

Yeah, I Know right...everyone always expecting me to buy their diapers and stuff... I gotta buy my own damn diapers *well not for ME...*

5. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

What's wrong with the good old cotton diapers?

6. deviate

deviate Senior Member

My mom was a hippie and used those. I think that's gross but hey to each their own.

7. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

They are hippies that used showers?
    No true hippies then I'd say. And why do you think showering is gross?
    You must smell real bad.

8. deviate

deviate Senior Member

Fixed it. And no, not real hippies because we are in McAmerica.

9. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Hahaha.
    I saw this thing on.... the colbert report? about... well, okay it was kinda like this "Wanna be more friendly to the environment than using disposable diapers AND by all the energy you use to wash cloth diapers... there's a no school of um.. potty training?- that the baby never wear any type of diaper. when you notice they need to go you just hold them over a toilet or SINK and they go. also, you can put pottery around on the floor and teach them to squat over that."

(and yes, it was real... from an article about that in the new york times.)
    so, all i gotta say about that is..

yeaaaaa
    sounds wonderful.

(oh and i was not diggin the idea of cloth diapers. nope, ill pollute the earth w the disposables thank you very much)

10. themnax

themnax Senior Member

not when people make a big production out of it. not when everyone thinks everyone in the world has to have the same days off either.

11. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Where did you get that idea?

12. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

lol, i don't know really as maybe only a fifth of my w.ends are ever relaxing... today's a monday and already i'm much more relaxed then i was this w.end, even tho i got up and took my son out to sams club n target and to panera bread and now he wont nap. i still feel relaxed more than this w.end but anyways, maybe it's not so much that w.ends are supposed to be relaxing as i want w.ends to be relaxing :)

13. Mike Suicide

Mike Suicide Sweet and Tender Hooligan

it seems like time off and vacations are a lot more work then actually being at work. Sometimes you need a vacation to recover from the vacation.

14. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Yep...espiecially w a kid I've noticed! After just going to Lake Tobias last w.end I remember saying to D "you know, just after doing one thing in a day like that I have no idea now how my mom handled taking 2 kids to disney world and hitting up like 4 amusement parks a day every day while we were there w like non-stop activities w.out being super super tired" ... d said "yea it's like work"
    WHICH IS WHYY... when I finally get a go on an actual vacation in sept for a week... i'm going/doing what i like to do most... chill on the beach. park on day one and not drive again til the day we leave. just pretty much eat, shop, swim, lay around and read... altho, hahaha what really gets me is... i picture laying on the sand straight CHILLIN... then i remember I'll have a very active two year old w me... lol... don't think it'll be like that...altho hopefully he'll entertain himself w sand castles n such some so i can chill but i picture running around the beach more than napping on the beach.. but still. i hate vacations where you have like, an itinerary and are doing one active thing to the next. i wanna chillax and that is it.

15. KozmicBlue

KozmicBlue Senior Member

Weekends and holidays are totally the least relaxing time when you have kid. We went to disneyland for a week last month for my daughter's birthday. I came back feeling so physically broken and mentally drained. :D Nothing drains the energy out of you like a 3 year old hyped up on disney princesses and no sleep!

16. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

yeah, I def. need a relaxing w.end too, I gotta catch up and hang out w. some ppl for a few hrs!!!