Are you proud of your country??

Discussion in 'The Hip Polls' started by WorldLove, Jan 23, 2011.

1. Dancer Aisling Paige<3

Dancer Aisling Paige<3 Guest

America is not how it promises to be at all so no.

2. The Instinct

The Instinct Member

i full heartedly agree to what you said! thankful i was born here, but proud??

3. roamy

roamy Senior Member

oooh yeah!

4. DemonkittenXIII

DemonkittenXIII Guest

am I proud of my country? no not really... I live in America land of the free yadayada but how are we free? I mean im only 17 so I may not know too much about this but I definatley know enough. A perfect example is the gay marriage thing. Now here in America it says in our rule book we have the right to believe what we want to believe, and we all have the freedom to get married, except for those attracted to the same gender... wait what! and their are many other instances like this. Also the rich are getting richer and ruling the poor. I know I could be worst off but I could definatley be better thus I want to move to a different country when im older. :)

5. nz male

nz male Senior Member

New Zealand has some awesome scenery - the east side of the South Island has some amazing views & 100's of wineries in the northern part.
    The scenery in the lower part of New Zealand is beautiful to with some un reachable by car.
    Yes, I'm proud of my countries best known scenery & the vast amount of overseas people who fall in love with it & move here.

6. Just_a_woman

Just_a_woman Member

I think I was privileged to be born where I was, a country where there was a system that helped me achieve all of my goals.

But it could have been better. I could have been born in an even better place. It could also have been worse.

Pride... I don't know if that is the word, but when I think of the good things there, I experience a pleasant feeling. And when I think of the bad features, I feel a negative feeling. I chose to leave, after all.

It's not much different about the country where I live. Good and bad. Like everywhere, really.

7. 1964mustang

1964mustang Newbie

I am proud of this country but not so much the people that run it now!

8. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

There is much to like and much to dislike. If --"by the people, for the people, of the people "( brilliant ideas) were actually important to those in power on the right wing, this country would be much more equatable for all, not a minority of the haves. There should be no such thing as multi millionaires, or billionaires while there are homeless citizens, starving citizens, citizens suffering without insurance( single pay is the civilized way to go) the ability to buy elections and legislators still exists, etc,etc.
    I enjoy the freedom to drive anywhere I want, live anywhere I want,work anywhere I can qualify to work, vote for whomever I want, call the past president or any elected officials lying ,fascist scumbag, dong suckers and not be disappeared as happens elsewhere. (yet!), etc,etc.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2021
    stormountainman likes this.
  9. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

Trump and the Republican Organized Crime operators have turned this country into a real POS, so no ... I'm not feeling proud.

scratcho likes this.
  10. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

Among industrialized countries, the U.S. ranks 39th in child well-being, 33 out of 36 in infant mortality, and has the highest maternal mortality rate.
    The U.S. ranks 28th in literacy, and is 4th highest in poverty.
    On any given night half a million Americans are homeless.
    The U.S. is the world's largest arms dealer, controlling 37% of the global arms market.
    The U.S. military budget is higher than the next ten largest militaries combined.
    The U.S. drops a bomb somewhere in the world every 12 minutes.
    The U.S. has been at war somewhere with somebody for 226 of the 244 years since it's establishment in 1776.
    The U.S. has killed over 12 million people in 19 wars since WW II.
    90% of casualties of modern war are civilians.
    The U.S. comprises 4.25% of the global population, but consumes 24% of the world's natural resources, and is second only to China as the world's leading producer of greenhouse gas emissions.
    The U.S. imprisons a higher percentage of its citizens than any other nation in the world. Despite comprising 4.25% of the global population, the U.S incarcerates 25% of the world's prisoners.
    The U.S. suicide rate has increased 25.4%. Suicide is the second most common cause of death of American children; the 4th among adults.

Am I proud of my country? When was the last time my country did something to be proud about?

“Nationalism of one kind or another was the cause of most of the genocide of the twentieth century. Flags are bits of colored cloth that governments use first to shrink-wrap people's minds and then as ceremonial shrouds to bury the dead.”
    Arundhati Roy

granite45 and scratcho like this.
  11. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

12. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

13. NISKUNUDIST

NISKUNUDIST Member

Justin Trudope is Turning Canada into a SH*T HOLE. I am 100% convinced that he is in with the CCP, Chinese Communist Party ! Trudope ordered Vaccines from China, then China refused to send them. Then Trudope ordered what he could find elsewhere . We are behind every developed country on Vaccinations, and not by a Few Percent , but by a BIG Percentage ! I wish for Seal Team 6 to come up and invade Ottawa and remove EVERY Liberal MP from office ! We even have a Health Minister, Patti Hadju say in Parliament: "Vitamin D is Fake News" And the latest polls have Trudope re-elected as Prime Minister if an Election is Called ! Used to be Proud to be Canadian, but not anymore !

14. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I can feel pride in what the U.S. has accomplished in the past but lately not so much. One thing Trump did was expose how widespread the resistance is to America being a country "with liberty and justice for ALL". There are so many who will not yield their white privilege. They resist progress and diversity.

I can be proud of how we coped with a deadly pandemic, it should have been handled much better but was botched early on. Still, we came up with vaccines and got them distributed, and we've pulled through the worst of the crisis due to heroic efforts by medical workers.

I'm proud that we kicked Orange Julius Caesar out of office, though I wonder if he would have been re-elected if not for the pandemic.

Mixed feelings. Hopefully Trump's support base will continue to dissolve as they realize he's not coming back and it's time to move on. Maybe we can even achieve some semblance of sanity. I could be proud of that.

granite45 likes this.
  15. Bllide

Bllide Members

Very proud of my country, Great Britain

Mallyboppa likes this.
  16. granite45

granite45 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Right on!, From the previous post I’d say the kool aid peddlers have been busy north of the 49th also.

17. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

wow.

The answer? you bet! But I'm not a flag waving miscreant hellbent on redefining the expectation of what it means to be in America, no.

I'm one of those Americans who feels betrayed by the flag pole... I don't even like the flag to be honest - I want them to change it so that every fool stuck-on-stupid zealot sellout who has forgotten why we aren't bigots and nearsighted can sit and wonder what's become of America.

He can wave the stars and stripes that no longer mean what they're supposed to just like those that take confederate flags to capital riots.

We've come too far to be stifled by ignorance now. We know who we are. It's a matter of taking personal inventory, and that isn't something we can count on everyone to do.

We are the stories of America we heard of cowboys and Native Americans, and of railroads built by poorly accommodated Chinese laborers. Old America, from the oldest photos anywhere was not reminiscent of this convoluted fantasy contrived by the angry and ignorant.

I feel America! What we've become is something significant, and we're powerful. To allow some Americans to ruin that image of future and of hope for the rest of the world is a sin without forgiveness. It's just bad.

We are the free world! That's beautiful! That's all.

18. shanks59

shanks59 Banned

I live in the UK and NO I definitely do not feel proud of this country. The TORI government are the most corrupt, arrogant, self-serving, freedom taking bunch of fascist my country has ever had to suffer, they have destroyed everything that I used to love and be proud of this country.

19. Cello Song

Cello Song Members

Yes. The United States of America is a unique and beautiful country of constant change, incredible diversity and amazing opportunities. We have a vibrant cultural life and are constantly challenging ourselves to do better. We have excellent food, music, and literature. The people are friendly, hard-working, happy and come from every other country on the planet. "We" invented the Frisbee, the personal computer, email, video games, cell phones, wi-fi, 3D printing, role-playing games, the electric guitar, the jam band, the geodesic dome, the graphic t shirt, Key Lime pie, and we have played golf on the Moon. You can become "we" by just stopping by and sticking around.

20. Scotland yes
    Britain No