Are you proud of your country??

Discussion in 'The Hip Polls' started by WorldLove, Jan 23, 2011.

1. myndtyme

myndtyme Banned

Being a patriot actually means having to vent when your beloved country passes unlawful laws (pun intended), goes against basic human rights, tramples you with unruly lies, enacts restrictions against all logic in the name of power. If you do not vent, then you are not a patriot, but a puny yesman and you deserve what you get ! :)

2. myndtyme

myndtyme Banned

Patriotism is often distorted in its true meaning. Loving ones homeland is natural and positive, but unconditionally embracing & accepting every single thing one's country does is downright diabolic. It's not sound patriotism, but yesmanism. Would you put your head inside a microwave oven only because your country tells you to ??!
    I love Australia, my homeland and wouldn't want to trade it in with any other country , but, for example, what the Australian govt did to Djokovic recently is diabolic and diabolical at the same time.....Scotty and his henchmen just wanted to show muscle, but by doing so, they destroyed tennis as we know it. Dig ???!

3. jimandjan

jimandjan Member

It's hard to be proud of USA, when criminals do what they want and get away with it. And are encouraged to do so by our politicians.

4. myndtyme

myndtyme Banned

I'll be proud of Australia again when fascist Scott Morrison and his henchmen are rudely ousted !!

5. themnax

themnax Senior Member

u.s. where i live, is as good as any can reasonably be expected to be, but can't stand its pretentions of "exceptionalism".
    weather of nation, ideology or belief, exceptionalism is a mythical beast.

myndtyme likes this.